Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 7, 2014
I really enjoyed the first book in this series. Yeah, the characters (especially Nicholas) were over-the-top but it added a lot of drama to the story, which I found entertaining. This book I didn't much care for, even though I did manage to finish it. Where Nicholas was entertaining in book 1 he was just plain annoying in this one. His constant stomping around like a toddler, flying off the hook and not letting anyone explain anything made me keep thinking he needed to be on some serious meds. Either that or he needed someone to explain to him that not everything and everyone revolved around him. His callousness with Shannon appalled me and his acceptance of his mother's actions was disgusting. I think Shannon was supposed to come off as a strong character but to me she seemed spineless. The way she let Nicholas talk so horribly to her every time he misunderstood what was going on amazed me, especially since she was always so quick to forgive him. I'm normally the reader who roots for the main characters to work out but when reading this book I kept thinking she could do so much better than him. The ending really disappointed me.
One last BIG pet peeve of mine - Nicholas and his best friend Jase are always bantering back and forth, insulting each other. Why is it an insult to men to be called a girl? It felt like half their insults consisted of calling each other "little girls" or saying things like "my sister can hit harder than that". The only thing worse than being called a girl would be to be called a guy, especially if they're anything like these two losers.
3 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2016
Silent Guilt is a wonderful conclusion to the series and compliments it wonderfully.

Silent Guilt is book # 2 in the series and must be read in order to appreciate it in it's entirety. It feeds and builds off of information and situations that happened in book # 1 Silent No More.

Book #1 touched on the male characters past and current, but only briefly. It focused more on the female character, her past and her thoughts and feelings about current situations. In book #2 you get a greater insight into who he is and what he feels. You learn more about his past and a lot more about his insight into the current situations.

I love the characters. They are easy to love. There are moments that I want to strangle the stubbornness out of them, but I also feel that might be some of their appeal. The supporting characters play a huge role too and are amazing. I would really love to learn more about them and possibly see a spin off book about just them.

Over all I really enjoyed this emotion filled story of love, love lost, betrayal, pain, and loyalty. Ms Henderson really did a beautiful job making you feel all that and more. I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.
on October 22, 2015
I loved Nick in Silent No More! In this book I wanted to punch him in the face, the genitals, or the stomach, it didn't matter where He was being an ass! I wish I could say I had no doubts about him in this book but I'd be lying if I did. I have to admit I had my doubts that the circumstances in this book could turn him around. The author effortlessly with the help of the rest of the characters brought him back from the edge that I was worried about, and I jumped right back on the I Love Nick bandwangon! Sorry I doubted, I sure didn't see a way out for him to go back being my night in shining armor, but darn if the author didn't get him back up on the horse for me again! Lol! Seriously this was a serious subject matter and she handled it well. Not that I think ya could really get away with what Nick did, but I'd say it was deserved.This book kinda chewed up and spit my emotions back out, I thought the first book in this series gave me a book hangover! WowThis author gives you just enough information to keep you on the edge of your seat, and in the dark with the plot, until the last minute, with no hint at whats to come, then when she is ready, then she lets ya
have it! It drove me crazy with worry for Nick and Shannon, but I loved it! Lots happened in this book but I don't want to give any thing else away so you'll just have to buy the book and read it for yourself!
on August 4, 2014
Secrets were revealed in Silent No More which left Nick absolutely shattered. He felt responsible and he carried the guilt on his shoulders. He felt all events were linked to something that occurred a decade before. In his mind, the only way to protect Shannon from his secrets and the destruction that follows him, is to just let her go. Nick needs to be in control. When control is taken from him, he loses his mind and does stupid things.
This book picks up where Silent No More left off, with Shannon pregnant and alone. The secrets can tear them apart but the truth could have the same effect. When all is said and done, can they move forward? Or are they better off going their separate ways?

“Our past is just a story. Just a damn story. I finally realized that, and once you do too, then the past will no longer have power over you.”

I love that we got to see things through Nick’s POV this time. There are lots of ups and downs, twists and turns, and definitely some suspense. I loved this book, definitely a great follow-up to Silent No More.
on June 6, 2014
Once again, N.E. Henderson has rocked my world. I love this book. The conclusion of Shannon and Nick did not disappoint.

Book one ended with a jaw dropping cliffhanger that left is spinning with questions. Well, this book picks up right where book 1 left off and get straight to the point.

I loved Nick. He was seriously a sexy Alpha Male. He has all his love to give and yet he can't help but to be an Ass at times. He knows it and works hard to prove himself worthy of Shannon even with all the guilt he carries around day to day.

Shannon is feisty. She doesn't take Nicks s*** and isn't afraid to throw a mean right hook. After everything that happened on book one she stands tall and holds her head high. She is one hell of a heroin.

These two were so perfect together. I loved watching them figure it all out. And how about those bits and pieces of Nikki and Jase we got? WOW! I can't wait to get their book. It's going to be scorching hot!

And once again this Author proves she obviously has great taste in music. I mean seriously, who doesn't love Jacoby Shaddix. I still jam Metamorphosis at least once or twice a week. :-D

Over all I loved this book. This book was well worth the wait. Of you haven't read Silent No More (book 1) you must start there. You will not regret this series!
on July 8, 2017
Let me start by saying.. I LOVED this story.. It has secrets revealed, drama, love and hate.. All the things I love and a great story line. The reason for the 4 stars is the editing.. I can't get over all the mistakes, ones that would have been caught with a proof reader or a final read through. If you can get over that, great series.. *I did my mine in 2015 so maybe there is a corrected edition*
on November 27, 2017
Absolutely LOVED every last paragraph of this book, and the series. It was masterfully written. The characters sucked you into their lives, and N. E. Henderson's talented skills make you feel as though you are personally wrapped up in each one. It's sexy, steamy, and spellbinding!
on May 31, 2015
Nick Lockhart has more baggage than the United airlines baggage carousel at Kennedy Airport.
He's carrying a mammoth amount of guilt on his shoulders from the past. All of it from his raging temper that goes AWOL when someone he loves is hurt or mistreated.
Protecting his family is his main priority after growing up with an abusive father.
Nick and Shannon are trying to make a good relationship happen. Things are rocky at times but Shannon is hoping it works. That is until the past returns to turn it all upside down .
Now their world is under attack and Nick can hardly keep his head above water.
I really liked this book. Nick had so much going on and Shannon was fighting to hold it all together.
Great read.
|22 comments|Report abuse
on June 5, 2014
Nancy Henderson you have done it again,bloody brilliant! From the moment I started to read I couldn't put it down you just can't . If you enjoyed silent no more then your going to love this book.Nick and Shannon's story continues and let me tell you it gets better.. Its sad that we won't get to see anymore of nick and Shannon cause they could really have a third book.(wishing) Thank you for writing this firkin amazing story.
on June 8, 2014
This was the perfect conclusion to Nick and Shannon's story! And I have to say right away that I loved that it was in Nick's POV. Yeah I would've loving to see some bits from Shannon's POV but N E done the right thing letting Nick take over.

In this book Nick and Shannon's relationship or lack of one is one hell of a rollercoaster ride. The ups and downs will leave you dizzy and gripped to you E-Reader.

It takes these guys some time to reach where they get. And it is anything but easy with everything that went down in book one. But anything that's worth doing is never gonna be easy.

I can't wait to get another N E Henderson book in my hands. And I may have to stalk her just so she doesn't leave me hanging to long LOL!
|11 comment|Report abuse