Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on June 12, 2017
The games included in this set are appropriately terrifying: At once depressing and engrossing, the symbolism and despair of Silent Hill 2 will have you wanting to play more in spite of your fear. There are moments of the game that taken out of context seem absolutely mundane, but in the setting of the game are painfully chilling. Silent Hill 3 is a completely different kind of terrifying. While SH2 builds your paranoia and dread, SH3 keeps your adrenaline up with nearly constant encounters, setting a frantic pace much more suited to its young protagonist.

HD remastering- The graphics definitely look a bit more grimy, and the lighting is a tad more accurate. The camera angles are still fixed, elevating the paranoid feelings, however I was hoping they would have improved the controls so that it's easier to have James walk around. Currently he's still clumsy and oafish, which yes, makes the game all the more terrifying, but it's frustrating and at times unfair. I would have liked smother movement controls. I don't mind if he's slow or clunky but I do mind the issue that occurs where you walk into a new area and suddenly have to try to adjust the way you use your controls while monsters are attacking you. I shouldn't be thinking about game mechanics while playing- I should be completely absorbed in the horror. Still, I like having both games together and seeing the updated graphics. I have put so many hours of play into this disc that it was well worth the money.
on April 6, 2014
So I owned this version on 360 few months ago after it came out and after I had maxed out the game with every achievement, the game became unplayable as in every time I did something that was an achievement, the game would freeze . So I decided to sell it and grab a copy of this version since Konami patched the ps3 game. Now, I went on knowing the patch wouldn't fix everything that was wrong with the coding and issues but hoped most of it would be gone for us fans and newcomers. Cant say much about the patch since I didn't experience it before fixing but it had its problems. In SH2, there was black fog, still freezing, going through a door and seeing a black screen except you was above the map(which really made me angry because I don't save at every station, and I was on my two save run) other than that not much in SH2. Still working through SH3 but from what I heard, SH3 was the worst. Now it freezes at the same spot and the only way to fix these issues for both games was to uninstall the patch and re-download over and over. So far I'm on my third reinstall of the patch because of the issues, not that bad but its a hassle losing your data when you meet one of these glitches.

Just keep an eye out for these issues and more when you play it. Other than that the graphics look pretty dang good in 1080p, the sound is good, but if you have a headset with surround in it then use that. You can truly hear the horrors in the background and you might even jump like I did not knowingly haha.
One person found this helpful
on April 14, 2016
These are two of my favorite titles from the PS2 (Silent Hill 2-3), the game had a rough launch and was pretty much unplayable at first; however it has been patched extensively and works pretty well for both titles in the collection. I highly recommend this for anyone that missed the opportunity to play on PS2 or anyone that wants to relive the terror in HD.
on February 24, 2014
So dead is the genre of "classic" survival horror gaming. The days when you were walking around a mansion trying to get through hoping nothing would jump out at you are gone... Silent hill and other variants such as Resident Evil and Dino Crisis with their "radio car" controls seem to be a thing of the past.

This title takes two great games and gives them a polish to the HD era. What a blast from the past I had playing both games on here and reliving the scary s*** I would play late at night by myself Mua ha ha ha ha.....
on May 19, 2015
Don't buy the 360 version there is no patch for it. Unless you are a super fan of Silent Hill, I wouldn't recommend this Collection to anyone. These games were made with a incomplete build of the original games from the ps2. This collection takes away from the originals were supposed to be played, the HD exposes what was not meant to be seen in the original versions. I suggest finding a ps2 and tge games with it to get a true proper experience.
on April 1, 2018
A great set of games for the PS3 at a very good value. Just as fun as it ever was with updated graphics. It'll bring back memories.
A great buy.
on April 13, 2018
Wonderful game!!! So glad I purchased it! Came in amazing condition!
on May 29, 2013
For a few months now I've been back on the Silent Hill games...we've been separated for far too long(laughing).Anyways I was going to buy this game locally and of course the store didn't have a factory sealed copy so I chose to acquire a fresh/non shelf-worn copy of the Silent Hill HD Collection. The clerk at the counter briskly warned me 'you will be disappointed',the guy seemed like a game snob so I paid no attention.

SO IS IT WORTH BUYING?
Yes and no...I'll clarify. I did notice the cinematic voice overs had a slight delay but I didn't care that's not what you buy a game for but yes the originals didn't suffer this issue. The fog in your roaming environment isn't quite as thick as the original versions but it's still effective and lends atmosphere to the game. These things I can overlook in a $29.99 game bundled with two Silent Hill games that are out-of-print...my problem was Silent Hill 2.There will be off and on times in SH2 where I'll try to attack an enemy and the glitch kicks in-you can't move,attack,pause the game, or even exit out to quit the game to restart. Completely functionless. Basically you stand there like an idiot while a monster tears you to shreds. The second bug I've encountered a few times only is running-making a long sprint down a hall occasionally I've seen the character stop, more like a glitch/stutter effect. To conclude it's nice to come back and play the earlier Silent Hill games so I can't say the collection is entirely a waste of money. But when overall controller function issues kick in?yeah that's a problem there's no excuse for. It's a shame too because I've got my heart set on Konami releasing a bundled version of all of out-of-print SH games and I was hoping this would keep me satisfied for a while...just not like this for future reference.

3-stars...somewhat recommended!
on June 9, 2015
After the patch meant to correct a lot of issues, Silent Hill 2 runs great. Silent Hill 3, however, still has constant framerate issues that render is unplayable in my opinion.

If you really want to play Silent Hill 2 in HD (on PS3 as the 360 version did not recieve the updates) and you can get this for a decent price: go for it. Otherwise, I'd say it's not worth it.
on March 31, 2014
I played the originals on the first X-Box, and not only do these games represent the horror I experienced, they take it to the next level. Any reviewer who says otherwise never got the chance to complete these masterpieces on a picturetube television. This remastersed version isn't even the same game. You won't even realize the breathtaking audicity of this re-realized vision until you aquire the flashlight and say Holy $#!1 this is scary! Darker and more foreboding than the first! Remastered in HD! Keifer Sutherland!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.