Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(2 star). See all 168 reviews
on April 7, 2014
The story itself was somewhat interesting, but what really got to me were the controls. They were horrible. They made game play rather difficult and didn't seem to be worth all the hassle.
on March 20, 2015
I couldn't wait to get this game, I kept hearing such good things. When I did finally play it, I was very dissapointed. A very dark game hard to see anything with just the flashlight, but the story was progressing alright and I was on the edge of my seat in the beginning. It all started going downhill when a blue ice covers the area and you are instructed to run from your foes through a confusing maze. Very frustrating, no since of direction, than once you finally escape you realize these are the only sections with any kind of monsters or threats. The rest of the game is no longer scary since you realize only the blue ice sections have monsters roaming in them. After the tenth time getting killed and being extremely frustrated in the third blue ice section I gave up and couldn't even finish the game. Graphics aren't great, way too dark and confusing, very annoying, I'll give it two stars just for being unique and engaging in the beginning but I definitely would not recommend this dissapointment.
on March 16, 2015
Started out good, but I ended up quitting because it got way too stupid. The controls were not good when trying to kill the "zombies" and it was just way too frustrating and long-winded.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 17, 2011
Very disappointing. I love Silent Hill, I played all the games and like them all. But this game was different. The music was great (as usual with Akira) but the gameplay is pretty terrible. Very clunky. There is only one type of enemy and NO combat. You just need to run to a safe spot by following the lit up path. Sometimes it isn't clear where you're supposed to be going, but usually it's not too confusing. No health packs, no items and minimal exploration. Barely any puzzles and a ton of keys placed a few feet next to the locked door. It's almost an on-rail shooter, as it's very, very linear.

NOT FUN. Sometimes very frustrating.
on March 19, 2013
Game is boring plain and simple. The last Silent Hill I played that was good was SH2 that was a longtime ago. Your not going to see a revival to greatness here.
on April 10, 2011
This game starts out great, very creepy and intriguing story line. However, it quickly becomes extremely frustrating. Running in circles trying to avoid the "creatures" over and over in between any major milestones in the game is just ridiculous. I finally resorted to searching for videos on youtube for a walkthrough and trying to escape the nightmares by watching the videos and trying to play the game at the same time. Really?? The lack of a save feature that you can utilize at any point of the game is simply archaic. I gave up on it halfway through and will be trading it right back to Amazon.
on April 21, 2014
I ordered this game viewing the details provided. The order shows a case, a game, and book... all with good appearance. What i got however, was a dirty and scratched game, no book, and a generic case that was broken, so it wont close very well and the cover, a game stop cover, was tore up and generally trashed. I received the product in a week which was good time, but very disappointed with the order.
on March 17, 2011
I can sum this game up with just a few words that someone better than myself used; Things get frosty and then they get dark.

This game is ridiculously dark, even with the brightness in my HDTV cranked all the way up. Of course, it doesn't help that when enemies are near, your flashlight goes out.
This game might have potential, I don't know, I made it to about the second "nightmare" zone and got fed up with trying to bumble around in the dark, dark, icy blackness.

I was willing to give it a shot because I love the silent hill series, but I was seriously let down by this title. I know others who have had fun with this game, but I am not one of those people.
Good Graphics, but the game is pretty basic, with everything that could have been done to make this game interesting, I don't know why they scrimped in the over all concept. A little fighting may have made it work, but shaking off the ghouls is just not good enough.
on January 16, 2010
Kind of slow moving & amateurish looking. The nightmare sequences weren't scary, they were annoying. No way to defend yourself. You can only run and shake off the creatures. If you're looking for a fun game to help you blow off steam....this is not it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.