Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on November 7, 2011
Extremely well done. However, it was clear that there are many things in the early years of Cousteau's adventures that I would not consider complimentary. Specifically, the incident with the whales and sharks. That said, his later accomplishments highlight how he has evolved to learn from his past mistakes. This is the role that pioneers play. We can all learn from them.

I strongly encourage people to purchase the video.
on August 18, 2013
I have been waiting to see this film since 1960, which was the year I discovered it had been made. As far as I know, it was never available on VHS or DVD. I had no idea until it appeared on my screen that it was in color. I thought that it, like the pictures in Captain Cousteau's book of the same name, would be in grainy black and white. The color is great on Blu-ray. If you've been diving for over 50 years like I have, this is a must-see. If you're new to the sport, and you dive with a BC and octopus and computers, check out this stripped-down, low tech heroes.
on April 1, 2013
These three videos (Silent World, World without Sun, and Voyage to the Edge of the World) of explorations from up to 60 years ago brought back such good memories. Cousteau was such a pioneer, and the footage in these videos documenting first-time observations and explorations is wonderful. I wish more of his work was available to purchase.
on July 25, 2016
Great historical story that brings an appreciation for nature.
on June 27, 2013
I have been trying to get this doc. for about 25 years, It won numerous awards when it was first shown in Cannes,France back in 1956. People that are divers or plan to be should put this on their MUST SEE LIST!
on May 16, 2013
Cousteau is a worldwide icon who defined the delivery of sea exploration to the masses. Without him there would be no Shark Week or the plethora of nature shows and videos that exist. You have to watch this to see what started the whole genre.