Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 30, 2016
I'm so happy with this 3-Pack of Silicon Power 16GB Ultima Flash Drives!! I have an old laptop with Windows XP installed...remember that outdated operating system? I've recently had some problems with it, but support expired exactly one year ago...so no fixes! The laptop contains many treasured photos, some great music, and other very necessary files. But how to save them from a laptop that no longer works properly?

These flash drives are the perfect answer! Simply plug into the laptop's USB 2.0 port and voila! I can download all my favorite photos, music, and files onto a tiny, easily stored flash drive. Then plug it into another computer's USB port and the files are transferred. The drive itself (and there are three of them in the package) has a cover that slides back to reveal (and protect) the connector. Even with my arthritic fingers, it was simple to push the black button on the back to release the slide. When finished using it, simply slide it back to cover the metal USB connector. All three flash drives work perfectly and provided more than enough storage for my many years of files. Nice, too, is the fact that there are three different colors (black, dark blue, and hot pink).

These are fine for my purpose, and probably for yours as well. They don't support the new USB 3.0, but all that means is that they're not quite as fast. Big deal! I'm very happy and would recommend them highly. For under $12, to receive three 16 GB storage flash drives (that work!!) is nothing short of a bargain!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on August 11, 2016
So I have never had a flash drive before but I knew it was time to make the change. I ordered this set of 3 to cover personal pics, work pics and important paper work files I need to save. Computers only hold so much plus having an external back up has become a must for me due to not one but two viruses ending up on my laptop somehow(at separate times but very close to each other)
I was surprised to find out these were so easy to use!! Just plop it in to the USB port and save away!
I haven't gotten them all filled up yet, but seeing what I have put on the drives so far there is a lot of room for things.
Save a book or blog
Save pics or videos
Save important documents and so much more!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
5 helpful votes
on September 19, 2016
The funny thing about tech is that it goes out of date pretty quickly. I remember going to school with a 10GB flash drive and being a king... nowadays that won't get me a single day's worth of instagram photos. But Cobarde! Why'd you buy this if that's the case you ask? Because well - you can't go wrong with some USB drives. At 16GB for a little over $10 you can't really go wrong. I keep an empty one in the bag just in case, another one holding a linux partition in case I have need to feel like a hacker to impress someone and don't want to pull out my laptop, and the other one I donated to the office... just in case. It's 3 USB drives for a little over the price of lunch, go for it.
3 helpful votes
on July 26, 2014
Short and simple review without writing a book...

PROS: 32GB flash drive for $15 (costs less than the average person spends on gas to drive to work each week!)
LED activity indicator
key chain hole
formats to NTFS without issues (unlike some reviews state)
it works (will update if it dies)

CONS: well...none really for the price! If you want the fastest beast out there, plan on paying a lot more! This thing is fast enough for me though.

I don't have USB 3.0 on my motherboard either (2.0), so I find there complaints about "only 41 MB/s under NTFS" a little funny. This is also why I'm not going to bother with speed tests. I mainly use this drive for backing up old drivers for multiple computers, personal settings (such as Firefox bookmarks), and programs I use on new installs. I transfer larger files (5GB+) when I'm going AFK a while.

So the bottom line if this is the drive for you or not depends on what you need/want. If you want something to quickly store large files (Blue-ray movies for example), why are you even looking at a flash drive vs external SSD hard drive anyway?!
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on December 25, 2016
Update after over 6 months of usage:

Dropped to 1 star.

This is barely usable, slows down after ~3 GBs of transfer (from 60-70MB/sec to ~1MB/sec) on USB3 port, and worse thing is it bricks itself tons of times, and I have to use an 3rd party app to unbrick it.

----

Update after a month of usage: Dropped to 2 stars from 4. Because this device drops speed constantly after a couple of tens of gigabytes of file transfer, and sometimes it auto-disconnects and makes itself "write protected" and becomes readonly. I cannot format, or copy or delete nothing in this case. I had to find a 3rd party program called "Silicon power formatter ps2251" from internet to format and unlock this read-only protection, which is Windows only. I also use Linux and Mac through my work and home sessions. This is completely a pain. I almost need to format the drive in each 2 days because of this issue. I have a working usb3 port and none of my other devices (except a factory-proven, well known ultra fit one around) had this issue. In this case , I can say that my usb2 drive is actually faster.
on August 2, 2014
Other than the very reasonable price (as opposed to local retail), these flash drives have excellent build quality, and the keychain portion of the drive has a satisfying "click" snap at every ninety degrees around the joint of the main plastic assembly. Although this isn't exactly the premium and minimalistic feel of a Kingston DataTraveler, for a budget flash drive, it's a great aesthetic. Plus, it's USB 3.0!

Speaking of 3.0 performance, these drives are quick, seamless, and can work as boot drives with my retina MacBook Pro. Even as USB 2.0 drives, transfer speeds are superior. A great boost to match capacity.

I bought the 16 and 32GB varieties of these drives, and think they are great addition to my portable set of work tools. Grab some yourself, if you need some cheap, good-looking mobile storage.

UPDATE, SEPTEMBER 25, 2014: 16GB DEAD
The 16GB model I bought has died- many sectors on the drive are corrupted, and it is now unusable. I'll be contacting Silicon Power shortly to discuss replacing my defective unit, as I would expect a flash drive to last longer that two months. In the meantime, I'll be looking to other manufacturers for fulfilling my mobile data needs. This hardware failure was a serious letdown.
3 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
on January 3, 2017
This review is for the Silicon Power 32GB Blaze B30 USB 3.0 Swivel Flash Drive, Black (SP032GBUF3B30V1K). (Must list item description since amazon is mixing different products from the same manufacturer which is very deceiving!)

I copied the profile folder for my Thunderbird email program, to this Silicon Power 32GB flash drive. The folder size is large at 530MB. The copy was taking forever and the progress bar moved ever so slowly. About 3/4 through the copy, Win10 popped a "Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties?" message. I cancelled the copy. Then I used a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 flash drive. Amazing! Win10's progress bar moved along at a good pace and the copy completed successfully in an estimated 1/10 the time the Silicon Power flash drive took for only 3/4 copy time. Plus no errors!

I'm wondering whether the Silicon Power USB3 flash drive that I received from amazon is actually a USB2 drive labeled as USB3, even though it has a blue connector. At any rate, I won't buy a Silicon Power flash drive ever again. SanDisk Ultra from now on!
on June 15, 2015
I was looking for a reliable, USB 3.0 flash drive that would look good, keep my data safe, and deliver the speeds I need. On all of those points, this thing delivers!

Design: The aluminum swivel portion has a polished (but not reflective) look that fits in well with today's modern computers and technology. If you've ever used or seen an ASUS or HP high-end notebook, or a MacBook, the material is similar to those. The logo is modern and minimal. The inside of the flash drive has the signature blue connection that USB 3.0 is known for. The Plastic casing has a diamond-like texture. It's easy to grip, and doesn't look gawdy or cheap, but actually complements the brushed aluminum well. There is a hidden red LED that blinks when connected to a computer. You won't see it if it's not plugged in, and it's not overly bright, but it is definitely noticeable when plugged in so you can see when data is being transferred. There is a small slot for a key ring, but you'll need one of the really small ring sizes to take advantage of it. Anything bigger will get stuck when rotating the cover. Speaking of the cover...

You may not have noticed, but the rotating portion of this flash drive actually clicks into place at 90 degree increments. This turned out to be SO HANDY! I had no idea how annoyed I was by constantly dropping or fumbling with rotating covers (I'm looking at you, Kingston DataTraveler) until I used this thing! The click is satisfying without being obnoxiously loud, and it gives you a sense of the quality with which this drive was made.

Speed: Since this drive is USB 3.0, it's theoretically capable of speeds of up to 5 gigabits per second (gbps). That equates to about 640 megaBytes per second (MBps). However, no drive ever hits this theoretical maximum, and this drive is no exception. I consistently got about 400-450 MBps in transferring large video files. Smaller files transferred at about 300 MBps, but that's hardly slow. My computer was one of the first equipped with USB 3.0 as well, so this flash drive could see higher speeds on a newer interface. It took me just a few seconds to transfer over videos that were multiple gigabytes (GB) in size - that's the benefit of USB 3.0!

Storage space: as with most USB drives, the actual formatted capacity of this drive is less than the quoted 32 GB. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find this one to be just under 30 GB after formatting it. My guess is most people will find about 29-30 GB of usable space on this drive. This is more than enough space for the average user. I think 32 GB, at least for right now, is a sweet spot in flash drive space. Any more, and you might as well buy an external hard drive. Any less, and you may run out of space!

$12 is an excellent price for this much storage, especially when it comes from Silicon Power. They're a reputable company, and while they're relatively new in the industry, they've quickly become one of my favorite go-to brands. The quality of their products has been a major selling point - and this drive is no exception. I loved it so much, I bought 2 of them!

My official recommendation? This thing is reliable, attractive, and speedy. Not to mention, at $12, it's a bargain! Pick one up, and you won't be disappointed.

NOTE on USB 3.0 vs 2.0:
USB 3.0 offers up to 10 times the speed of USB 2.0. If you're on the fence, I'd recommend you buy a USB 3.0 drive (even if it's not this one). You may not need to transfer large files now, but if you buy a USB 2.0 flash drive, you're buying something that's already obsolete - and shooting yourself in the foot if you ever need to use the drive for larger (or just a lot of) files. Spend the extra few dollars and go with USB 3.0 - you won't miss the flash drives of old!
on April 26, 2017
I really like these, very handy and easy to use. I really only use them to keep my music handy, for the car, for mobile speakers, etc. They are color coordinated so that I can make sure I keep my different genres of music on the same color scheme. I would give them a 5 star, but I have one little bone to pick with the design. I love to hang my USB drives from lanyards. The little tiny holes at the top of these drives are a real pill as far as squeezing even the tiniest lanyard cord through those tiny holes. Plus, there is very little space to push the lanyard tip through and out of the other side to loop it and secure the USB. So, if your are going to hang these from a lanyard or a key chain...make sure the tip of the lanyard is very thin. The same thing with a key ring...it's got to be a very thin wire to slip through the holes on top. Otherwise, I really like these. The tip retracts back into the casing. They serve the purpose and I have not had a problem with them otherwise. My purchase was not as costly...inflation!
on August 6, 2016
Function is good. It saves quickly and I haven't had any problems with information getting lost or corrupted. Form, however, needs work. First of all, the slide button is tough to manuver. Not in terms of figuring it out. It's just hard to slide. Nothing like Sandisk or any other well-known brand that I've used. Secondly, I have to use a lot of force to get it into the USB port. I've used multiple computers and laptops (home and office), and it's always the same. I have to apply so much force that I get worried about damaging either the drive or the port.

Going to use these for my students to pass around and save their work on and place an order for another brand of drive.