Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,235 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,163 reviews
on September 22, 2017
Excelente
on September 22, 2017
One of my Favorite books. This is the 1st digital copy, but I have read the actual book about 15 times over the years.
on September 11, 2017
Awesome book, a timeless read. I have read and re-read it many times and it never gets dull
on September 11, 2017
Great book!
on September 10, 2017
It reads a bit like the Old Testament (or Torah), but I found it strangely fascinating and had a hard time putting it down. In about a week I read all of the Silmarillion part (the 1st age) up until the banishment of Morgoth. I still need to read the Numenor part about the 2nd age. It's a good explanation that helps you understand the background to Middle Earth in the 3rd age for LOTR.

If you're a fan of LOTR or the Hobbit and you have the patience to read something about as slow as the Bible, then this is right up your alley. But if you don't have the patience to read something slow, this doesn't have the same kind of narrative and character development you would have in the Hobbit or LOTR. It reads more like a history, not a story.
on September 10, 2017
Nicely done edition of my favorite Tolkien book.
on September 9, 2017
Love this book!! Arrived in perfect condition too!
on September 8, 2017
Good read. Interesting view of creation.
on September 6, 2017
I remember when I first saw this book in 1979. It was a paperback on the shelf of a grocery store long out of business. I had finished the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit and, all of a sudden, there was more. I love this book with the passion of youth. I cannot review it with an unbiased eye. Parts of it reads like the Bible, parts like a history book. It is tragic and beautiful and singular.
on September 4, 2017
Just love these books I'd recommend anybody if you like science fiction