Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Silpat 11-5/8" x 16-1/2" Non-Stick Silicone Baking...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 50% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Silpat 11-5/8" x 16-1/2" Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
|You Save:||$9.79 (39%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Turn ANY pan into a non-stick surface and save time cleaning up! Use Silpat® instead for any baking recipe (sweet or savory) that calls for parchment paper; Silpat® replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays
- Made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone, which provides consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning
- Silpat is the original non-stick baking mat and has stood the test of time with use by the most demanding chefs in the world; Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone, and are FDA, NSF, and Kosher certified
- Mat measures 11-5/8" x 16-1/2"; Made for a 13" x 18” pan
- Freezer, microwave, and oven-safe; Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 500 degrees F)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the Manufacturer
Safe and Easy to Bake With
Our products conform to FDA regulations and are NSF and Kosher certified. Silpat is made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone. The specially designed mesh works with the silicone to provide consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking and browning. Professional pastry chefs throughout the world have been using our products to bake since the 1960’s. Oven temperature varies depending on the product and recipe you are using, but our products can be used in temperatures up to 500°F. You can even use Silpat for frozen recipes! Silpat has stood the test of time with use by the most demanding chefs in the world.
Depending on the product, the number of times you use it can vary. When used and cared for properly, Silpat can have a life of up to 2,000-3,000 times. Of course the life depends on maintenance and care.
The Original Non-stick Baking Mat
Silpat products are a must-have for all bakers. Silpat is the original non-stick baking mat. Since 1965, Sasa Demarle Inc. has been committed to improving your baking experience by introducing top quality products. Silpat products never need greasing and replace parchment paper. Using Silpat products saves time, money and reduces waste in our environment. Silpat products are great for working with sticky materials such as gooey batter, taffy, caramel, doughs and anything your imagination allows. Nothing sticks to Silpat!
- and more!
Compare to similar items
This item Silpat 11-5/8" x 16-1/2" Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
Silpat AE420295-22 Macaron Mat B00D461W5E
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Janie's House||Amazon.com||Silchef||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black||Silver||Red, Yellow, Green||Orange|
|Item Dimensions||11.6 x 16.5 x 0.1 in||18 x 13 x 1 in||13.5 x 16.3 x 1.6 in||11.62 x 16.5 x 1 in|
This 11.6 x 16.5-inch half-sheet size baking mat will turn your pan into a non-stick surface. Silpat is especially great for working with sticky materials such as gooey dough, taffy, caramel, or anything your imagination allows. Nothing sticks to Silpat, so it will save you a lot of time cleaning as there is no more sticky mess on your pans! Silpat never needs greasing, which saves both time and money. Use Silpat instead for any baking recipe that calls for parchment paper. Utilizing Silpat products saves time, money and creates less waste for our environment. It is ideal for use when creating Danish pastries, baking biscuits, working with sugar and all sugary and salted preparations. Silpat Non-Stick Mats are made of fiberglass and silicone, and can be used thousands of times. Life of product varies--lasts 2,000 to 3,000 uses depending on use and care. Silpat products conform to US regulations on food grade silicone, and are FDA, NSF, and Kosher certified. Can be used at temperatures varying from -40 degrees C to 250 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 482 degrees F). Do not cut the Silpat as the fiberglass mesh particles might migrate into the food. Made in France. Silpat is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Silpat liners are made of fiberglass and food grade silicone and are completely food safe. Nothing sticks to Silpat!
Sasa Demarle Inc. was founded in 1965 by M. Guy Demarle in Northern France. Mr. Demarle was an experienced baker who was seeking a better way to make baguette bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He went on to invent the first non-stick baguette baking trays or filets, as they are known in France. A few years later, Mr. Demarle also went on to invent and create the original Silpat and is known around the world as the original non-stick baking liner. Since then, we continue to strive for improvements in non-stick products for the baking, patisserie and food-service industries.
From the Manufacturer
Silpat nonstick baking sheets are made of woven glass coated with food-standard silicone. Used daily by professionals, the sheets offer multipurpose uses for preparing, cooking, and heating up food. They're also easy to clean--simply wipe them off using hot water and dish soap. Store them by either rolling them up or keeping them flat. Do not cut Silpat baking sheets with metal, but with DeMarle's Exoglass cutters or knives. Silpat baking sheets replace parchment paper, and are heat-resistant up to 480 degrees F. The Silpat makes any baking sheet nonstick--no greasing necessary. The baking sheets are made in France.
Top Customer Reviews
A few hints:
1) DON'T OIL IT. If you add oil then it will become sticky. Sounds odd, but I had a friend over and she oiled it and it now is sticky. The sticky stuff finally came off with some major scrubbing, but don't oil it.
2) I found that when using new silicone baking mats I like to "break them in" because they tend to outgas on first use. I bake them with nothing on them for about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. I have never had problems with this, but you do it at your own risk.
3) Don't be scared to put the mat directly onto your oven racks. I find that I get the best results this way. You can use it on a pan if you feel more comfortable that way.
4) Be aware of the maximum temperature for your mat.
5) Buy at least two so you can make batches of cookies with it.
6) Don't forget that if you are cooking at 350 degrees, the mat will be 350 degrees, so DON'T grab it with your hands. I can sometimes pull aluminum foil liners directly out of the oven (my friends say I have "asbestos" hands) because of their low heat capacity, but I can't do it with these.
My favorite use: Low fat chicken tenders (my own personal recipe).
Cut chicken breasts into strips about 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch by however long you want them.
Soak them (refrigerated) in low or nonfat milk for 1/2 hour with 1 clove of garlic, quartered for every two breasts. Make sure the milk covers the pieces.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Dredge the chicken pieces, leaving the garlic behind, in a mixture of bread crumbs, salt and pepper. If you want, use flavored bread crumbs. I also use a little chipotle powder or chile powder when I want them spicy.
Bake chicken on ungreased baking mat until done, usually about 20 minutes. About 5 minutes before they are done, flip them over, to dry the bottom side.
Do not move the chicken on the mat until just before they are done.
My wife loves these. They are not as crispy as fried ones, but they are much healthier.
Also, a chunk of the silicone has mysteriously vanished from the orange border exposing the fiberglass.
I will be returning all three.
The first mat came, I opened it and noticed a small rip in the silicone on the edge. I signed onto Amazon and they were very understanding. They sent me a replacement with no additional shipping charges, etc. The second one came, no rip- YAY. I used it one time to bake some Italian meatballs, after dinner I went to clean the mat off and noticed a small piece (a little smaller than the size of a pencil eraser on the end of a pencil) was missing out of the brownish/orange trim. So basically it came off on the bottom of a meatball and was consumed by a family member.
Thank God for Amazon's understanding customer service. I can return both mats with a prepaid shipping label. This is the first time I have ever been disappointed with a product purchased on Amazon. Guess I'll head to a local store and take a chance with one of their silicone mats.