Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Silver Bay: A Novel
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 13, 2014
The story centers around a quaint beach town and a run-down hotel. You meet Liza and her daughter, then enters a big city developer, sprinkle in some family secrets, and toss in a cast of various characters add to that a sub-line about whales and dolphins and a book is born.

To me this could have been a super great read, especially coming from this author, but this book is just ok, nothing that will keep you up at night, nothing that will keep you turning pages, it's what I refer to as a "chick lit beach read". As you read it, you know how it will end, you just don't know which road it will take to get you there. JoJo Moyes can put out some riveting books but this is not one of them, this again seems to me to be one of those "meet the deadline" types of book.

If you're looking for a book that won't stop you from doing other things, that won't keep you up at night, that won't make want to stop everything and read then this is the book for you. It's not bad but it is bland, the characters are forgettable, story line predicable the only way I can help you understand is to equate it to a Life Time movie, once you've seen one, then the next one is a cookie-cutter with different characters and locations.
on May 28, 2016
Another thoughtful read from a special author. I love her books, she develops her characters with insight for the reader and this is no exception. I am a big fan of historic and thriller genres and find that reading a Jojo Moyes book gives balance and "soul" to my reading. Another great fact about the author is the variety and settings of her books - always fresh and different, no serial writer here.
on June 10, 2015
When a city dwelling businessman travels to an ocean front community, he experiences connections with people and nature that have meaning for the first time in his life. This story shares a pivotal time in the lives of several 30 year olds and how they change each other's futures. I really enjoyed learning about sea life - whales and dolphins - and the people who build their lives around protecting threatened ocean creatures. I was moved, although not surprised. A good read.
on August 27, 2015
I like Jojo Moyes, but this book was predictable. It was easy to see what would happen with each character based on the formula generally used in these kinds of books. However, I don't regret reading it. I never regret a book. Don't expect to have a surprise story or ending, but know you're getting a comforting story and love and life.
on September 13, 2017
I love Jojo moyes books but apparently this is one of her first before Me versus you. It doesn't grab you from the first page but about half way through really grabs you until the end. A worthwhile read.
on December 9, 2014
Jojo Moyes quickly became one of my favorite authors when I read Me Without You. I've gone back to read several of her older books since and really enjoyed them all. This one mixes mystery with romance and some ecology and ethics. I loved the little girl's character and loved that the book was written from so many different perspectives. I'm anxiously awaiting more books from this author.
on February 27, 2018
Although this book took me longer to get connected to than some of her other novels, Silver Bay did grip me by the third chapter. Its host of characters were endearing, and I was drawn into the little town of Silver Bay, feeling like a fly on the wall of their daily lives. My heart ached for Liza and Hannah, but I appreciated both of their strength and depth. As always, I am hooked by another Jojo Moyes novel and have trouble leaving its characters and setting behind.
on August 26, 2017
Unexpected, I enjoyed the biology and the relationship to the water and creatures the characters possessed. I felt as though parts of the story dragged on a bit. But I truly enjoyed the story and the setting.
on January 4, 2017
Some of Jojo's books take a few pages before it grabs you. I think I have every one of her books. This one took a bit to get "into" the story but when I did... I was captivated. And cried at the ending. Ive lost a child and I understood in my soul when she wrote that the sound coming from the mother was like the wailing song of a humpback whale. Read the book, and this will make sense. Very sweet, uplifting, poignant.
on August 15, 2016
I was disappointed in this book after reading other JoJo Moyes books. It was a lot slower, more descriptive, and more predictable than her other novels.