Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 6, 2015
I love these pots and pans!!! I've had them for a few months and decided to write a review because I read reviews- positive and negative- in order to make an informed decision. So here goes:
I cook just about daily for a family of 4. The instructions specify not to use cooking spray so I don't. They come with a couple of utensils, but I ended up buying my own wooden ones and they work for me. The small pot I use for oatmeal almost daily, and I like my oatmeal to dry out a bit and stick to the pan. I haven't scratched it yet, seems to hold up pretty good. The bigger one I don't really use often because I use the smaller one more- even for rice. The smallest pan I use for eggs in the mornings. I find it's the perfect size for spinach omelets. The one they call 10in is about 10in in total diameter, meaning the inside is just about 9- making it smaller than I'd like. The same goes for the other one, which most people would call a fryer...a bit smaller on the inside. The 5qt is great- no issues.
However, this is what I've discovered. You absolutely need to adjust your heat. A lot if you're used to cooking with high heat, with medium-high being the highest heat possible. If you like left-overs you won't have many using these, my kids eat everything. I've noticed a real need for a 12in pan. I often have to use one in addition to this cookware. It would be a great buy if they included a 12in pan in the set. But I suppose you can't please everyone.
I haven't used them in the oven because I'm just too nervous so I use my other cookware. I also wash them by hand myself, my kids aren't allowed to wash them or cook with them- kids are less careful than adults so I don't want them scratched. They heat up really fast, so I don't miss the high heat. They're lightweight, but not flimsy, and other than the sizes I really like them. They clean super easily- which I appreciate. But get a 12in skillet.
on January 8, 2016
Here's the thing. I absolutely loved how this set cooked. I'd never used ceramic before and was very impressed. Fell in love with this immediately. HOWEVER, after about 3 or 4 uses the white ceramic coating starts to chip. I babied these. I was extremely careful. I bought the large skillet to the set piece set as well. It also started to chip. Several pans in that set also started to chip, especially around the edges. I didn't put them in the dishwasher until after the chipping started because I knew I was returning them at that point, but up until then, they were hand washed and very babied. I wanted this set to work so bad I even exchanged it for a new set in hopes I just got the one rotten apple. Nope. Had to send the second set back as well. The size and weight are perfect, but I just couldn't deal with the chipping.
on October 26, 2015
The very 1st time I used the 2 biggest frying pans the enamel burned off off the middle one and it started to on the big one. I was using MEDIUM heat!
review imagereview image
on January 20, 2017
I got these pans about two years ago and they lasted me about a year, which I would say is pretty good for the price. I'm sure they would have lasted longer if I had taken better care of them. For storage, I stacked them on top of each other and I used metal utensils at times on these. Which ceramic lined pans, you cannot stack and you cannot use metal utensils. I learned my lesson and I'm honestly surprised these pans lasted as long as they did before the lining chipped. Do your research and know how to care for these pans before purchasing to ensure they last the longest they can. I got the Chili Red and it was beautiful!
on January 3, 2016
First I would list the positive points about this set of cookware. They were relatively cheap. The set is attractive with bright white interior and clear red exterior; would be a plus to almost any kitchen if you wanted it just for the look. It also is usually easy to clean. Any food that sticks usually wipes or washes off easily. And it is mostly nonstick, doesn't need oil. However, some foods do stick or do not cook as well as one would expect. Eggs seem to always brown even on very low heat. Making light scrambled eggs is almost impossible. The frying pans in this set cannot compare with the Green-Life frying pan I have. The pots seem to stain easily: almost panicked after making barbecue sauce and saw that the bottom of the pot stayed red even after washing it. Happened to remember that instructions said to boil water and vinegar to remove stuck foods. That worked for the stain but would hate to have to do that every time I use tomato sauce. The red paint/coating on the outside is easily chipped. I don't put pots in the dishwasher, always store with cloths in between items and stack carefully in the dish drain, but still have several chips on the bottoms. Coating is very thin. I should have known better than to buy these when I saw that they were primarily sold at Walmart and K-mart. Will buy a better brand next time.
on October 1, 2015
Pros: Food cooks beautifully with this set. Easy, easy cleanup with soap and water.
Cons: paint chips off bottom of pans. Ceramic coating performs well for cooking, but you have to be extremely careful not to scratch.
I do love this set, but I don't like the fact that I have to treat it with kid gloves. After only two uses, the paint chipped off on the two frying pans.
Doesn't affect performance, but who wants chipped paint on brand new cookware. I mean really. Thus the 4 stars instead of five.
on March 12, 2017
I've had these pans for 10 days. I've used them maybe twice and the cermaic is already chipping. I didn't use a scrubby sponge or anything rough to clean them I just rinsed them and used my wash cloth. I was hoping these pans would last me a good 5yrs but I doubt I'll even get a year out of them the way they're already chipping. Very disappointed.
on October 8, 2016
We have used these pots and pans now for a couple of weeks and love them!! They clean as they say they do, however wondering why eggs won't just slip off the ceramic like it should, so I have to put a little oil in the pan (just a coating with a paper towel) to get it to not stick, otherwise everything else seems to be pretty much non stick on these pans. Not sure why it does that with eggs, but they clean up so easily and is a breeze to do now after meals, regardless. Even with burnt matter stuck on the bottom of the pan from cheese, it came off with very minimal effort. Always make sure your pots are cool before washing and don't use any abrasive scrubber, these things will ruin the surface.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 20, 2016
I read hundreds of reviews before deciding on this set. I gave it a few months before writing this review. I love the look of the set and the pieces are usefully sized. The downside is that it chip's very easily. I have a glass top stove and did not use the high temperature as it was noted to avoid. It's a little annoying to have a fast boil option and not being able to use it with this set. I hand wash the pots and still the rims are starting to look very used. Positive feedback is for the easy cleaning, I have had no problems cleaning anything out of these. I guess I will have to spend a bit more to get a high quality set.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 19, 2015
After only about 2-3 uses and a couple washes in the dishwasher, the pans have already begun to discolor and paint chip off. I am very disappointed that the fun color that at drew me in is already fading on the bottom and that the "dishwasher safe" listed right on the packaging seems to be completely bogus. Hand wash only and use low heat to cook if you want to preserve this set. Not exactly functional and convenient for daily cooking and regular use... I will be seeking a refund.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.