Silverback NXT Portable Basketball Hoop
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied portable hoop
- Moving product to another location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 6 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ultra-fast assembly in 90-minutes or less with Quick-Play design and preassembled parts
- Ultimate strength with Stabili-Frame steel-on-steel connection between base and main pole
- Superior backboard rebound with Infinity Edge wrap-around perimeter for increased rigidity
- Easily move the goal with ErgoMove wheel-barrow design for an effortless lift-and-roll action
- 50” W x 33” H backboard with 7.5’ to 10’ height adjustability and 26” overhang under the goal
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Silverback NXT is pushing the envelope for portable basketball goals. The advanced technology and strategic engineering of this goal makes for faster assembly, improved rebound, superior strength, unmatched stability, and effortless transportability. Compare the features of the Silverback NXT to other portable goals on the market, and you will see why this goal is the next big thing in portable basketball goals.Featured Technologies:
- Stabili-Frame –The Silverback NXT features Stabili-Frame technology, creating unmatched stability for increased playability and added safety. The unique slanted pole design was engineered to offer even weight distribution across the entire base. Unlike competitor goals, the pole directly connects to the steel frame below the base, increasing the integrity of the structure. The shape of the base and the weighted ballast wheels create a much lower center of gravity than traditional portable bases, ensuring your goal will stay upright.
- Infinity Edge Backboard - Unlike traditional backboards that are framed by a plastic or metal edge, the Silverback NXT features an Infinity Edge Backboard with edges that wrap around to the back of the backboard as one continuous material. This design not only creates the modern, clean look of the hoop, but, more importantly, gives the backboard unmatched strength. This technique, called flanging, folds the edges of the material backward, creating a stronger face for superior rebound.
- ErgoMove - The sloped base design on the Silverback NXT creates a completely unique weight distribution that allows the goal to be moved by two people with much greater ease than traditional portable basketball goals. This design enables the goal to be tilted backward onto its large weighted wheels, relieving much of the weight that a person must support, similar to the engineering of a wheelbarrow. The goal is then easily rolled to its new location while the rear kickstand prevents the goal from tipping over.
- Quick-Play - No one likes long assembly projects, so the Silverback NXT was designed to make assembly as simple as possible. The NXT comes partially assembled with attached hardware, so you simply attach the major pieces using only a few required tools. The NXT allows you to assemble your goal in approximately 90 minutes, so you can start playing faster than any other goal.
Additional Goal Features:
• Plastic molded base and wheels can be filled with sand or water
• Infinity Edge Backboard made of acrylic material with steel supports
• Easy Slide Actuator allows you to easily adjust the height from 7.5’ to 10’
• Rear kickstand will not allow the goal to tip backward during transport
• Backboard Dimensions: 54” W x 33” H
• Full Goal Height Dimensions: 147” Tall (top of backboard at 10’)
• Rim Height Adjustability: 7.5’ to 10’ (in 6” increments)
• Total Goal Weight: 175
• Base Dimensions: 62” x 32”
• Overhang Underneath Goal: 30” (Distance from Backboard to the pole)
• Pole Diameter: 3.5”
• Rim and Net: Standard Rim and Net Included
Style Name: 50" Backboard
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Sturdiness: one of the important things for me was how much it feels like playing in a gym with a real gym model. Our neighbors have a different brand and it feels like a toy version as the ball "thuds," agains the backboard. It wobbles after hit as well. This one does not. The ball comes off the rim and backboard almost as good as a gym backboard. The base is solid and does not have any give (see below on the base).
2. Materials: The pole is steel and the base is a hard plastic (with steel frame underneath). The wheels are hard plastic. You fill both with water to weigh them down. The base takes 25 gallons (I didn't measure it but that's what the instructions say and it that seemed about right). So the base alone is around 200 pounds. The backboard actually isn't heavy at all (my 8 year old daughter helped to hold it up while I screwed it in). The rim is a standard BB rim.
3. Heigh adjustment: Pretty easy. I'd say a 10 year old and up could easily do it themselves.
4. Portability: with the base filled, it's pretty heavy. If you want a hoop you can easily move around, you'd have to fill the base far less or maybe go with a different model.
5. Backboard size: 54" is nice. I don't think I'd say you'd need 60". Our neighbors have a 44" and that feels way too small, even for elementary ages.
6. Looks: it really looks nice. All the neighbors commented that it looks very nice.
7: Kids' vote: I was curious if the neighorhood kids would use it. Of course they were at the hoop within 10 minutes of me setting it up. They are skipping over the other hoops in the neighborhood that aren't as good (maybe a bad thing if you don't want all the kids around).
Other issues: these aren't things that matter to me personally but I know other buyers do. So here goes:
1. Shipping: was delayed by 3 days. I think it was 7-8 days received after ordered though. Not bad. I was expecting 10 days anyway.
2. Instructions: instructions are very good. Actually, I'll say excellent. Almost any kid product you have to put together always has some parts that just aren't 100% understandable and you do your best guess. These were not. I had zero issue understanding the instructions.
3. Time to build: they say 90 minutes. That wasn't my experience. Of course I had 3 kids bothering me half the time but 90 minutes seems like a pretty aggressive estimation.
4. Customer service: I thought I was missing a part (it ended up being in one of the main pole parts). They were friendly and responsive.
5. Tools needed: you need a large ratchet set. If you do not have a large ratchet set, you will need to get one. The standard size will not work.
I did not purchase the assembly from Amazon but I should have. I didn't because we were to receive the product on a Saturday and assembly would have been a couple of days later. I knew the kids couldn't wait if we had it on a Saturday. The price is only $20 - pay to have someone do it. It's not terribly difficult but still, if you have enough to buy this thing, $20 isn't much consideration.
Overall: I like how it feels when playing. Almost gym quality on a portable backboard. Very nice. Significantly better than similar models.
Improved materials and manufacturing have made home-based outdoor hoops an attractive option for sporting families. The NXT has lots of great features: Easy assembly; sturdy materials that rebound the ball energy instead of absorbing or wildly deflecting it (from vibration); a solid base that doesn’t shift during vigorous play; clearance for under-the-baskets shots and a large backboard. The best part about this hoop, though, is its one-click height adjustment. We’ve owned many portable units that require wrenches and other tools to adjust the height – tough work when the screws rust in place.
We’ve been shooting hoops on this portable basketball unit for three months, and being able to adjust the height as my young teens grow taller and stronger is the NXT’s single best feature. I can see this as an excellent investment for after-school and summer programs that lack indoor gym facilities or an outdoor court, but who want to create a competitive game environment. The portability allows limited, multiuse space to be easily shared. It’s a high-end purchase (although only 2x as much as a garage-mounted unit), and one guided by user preference and need, but still a five-star product.
(NOTE: The NXT comes packed in a heavy, 4' x 3', well-packed box. Make sure you have someplace safe and dry to store it pending assembly. See pic).
Most recent customer reviews
Once built, the hoop looks great, is sturdy, and plays similar enough to an in ground hoop.Read more