Silverlight Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is your practical companion to developing rich, interactive web applications with Microsoft's latest technology. This book tackles common problems and scenarios that on-the-job developers face every day by revealing code and detailed solutions. Youll quickly be able to integrate real-world, functioning code into your applicationsand save hours of coding time.
The recipes included in Silverlight Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach have been carefully selected and tested with the professional developer in mind. You'll find problems stated clearly and succinctly, artful solutions explored, and ample discussion of the code and context so you're immediately clear how the solution will support your project.
Enjoy practical coverage of Silverlight development in many projects and contexts, including:
- Designing complete, rich, interactive user experiences
- Manipulating content and the runtime environment through the Silverlight Plug-in Runtime API
- Consuming, transforming, and displaying content in your Silverlight web application through XML, LINQ-based data access, and isolated storage
- Building custom controls for your Silverlight project
- Integrating rich media, including audio and video, to create a very dynamic user interface and experience
- Using new Silverlight features, including .NET Framework integration, the use of dynamic languages like Python and Ruby in Silverlight development, and digital rights management support
Find instant solutions, comprehensive Silverlight coverage, and time-saving expert advice, all in Silverlight Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach.
What youll learn
- Work with fundamental aspects of the Silverlight and XAML programming model
- Design Silverlight user experiences
- Use and change the Silverlight runtime environment
- Manipulate and take advantage of browser DOM integration
- Discover solutions to custom networking and communication scenarios, including messaging and web service integration
- Work with structured data and storage, including using LINQ to access data
- Develop custom controls
- Integrate rich media into your Silverlight application
Who this book is for
Silverlight Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach is for every Silverlight developer. The book covers all aspects of Microsoft Silverlight including the programming model, browser integration, integration with server-side technologies such as web services, and specific sections on rich media integration. All developers and architects looking for a .NET-based platform to deliver rich interactivity and media to their consumers, with deep integration with the rest of their technology stack, will find Silverlight 3 Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach a must-have guide.
Table of Contents
- A Quick Tour of Silverlight 3 Development
- Application Design and Programming Model
- Developing User Experiences
- Data Binding
- Browser Integration
- Networking and Web Service Integration
- Integrating Rich Media
- Building LOB Applications