|Digital List Price:||$7.99|
|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $10.84 (64%)
Silverwood (Silverwood Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
So you take to hacking anything you can get your hands on. Your brother throws himself into his art, which is disturbingly prophetic. And your own dreams...are they real? Are they trying to tell you something? What is a Tromindox anyway?
Then one day, your apartment blows up, you find out that Tromindox are real, and you discover that they would like nothing more than to inject you with venom and have your brains for breakfast. Suddenly, you have to put away childish things, help find your dad, and go about the business of protecting humankind from evildoers, both human and inhuman. The more you find out about yourself and your family, the more complicated it gets. But you better figure it out soon, or there will be no more family, and no safe place to hide from those who are looking for blood...yours.
Betsy Streeter's first novel is a journey through space and time, with a sprawling cast of characters who are as adept at witty banter as they are at saving mankind from extinction at the hands of the evil Tromindox. But there's more...there's also the love of a mom and dad for each other and for their kids, both of whom have their own special needs and talents, and both of whom will need to find a way to channel those talents to save the family and humanity itself. It all adds up to a wild ride, with so many twists and turns along the way that you won't know whom to root for until the very end.
Very fun read. Don't wait for the movie...by then it may be too late!
Silverwood has great characters, human and not. I like that some of the story is told from the point of view of the Tromindox, the alien threat. But my favorite passages are those related by Kate Silverwood, the bounty hunter Mom, as she dodges bullets and wonders if her two weirdly gifted kids have done their homework.
I am looking forward to the next book in the Silverwood series, wondering what (besides Tromindox-killing blood and supernormal engineering abilities) makes teen-age Helen Silverwood so special and what X-Files-like political skullduggery the Tromindox are up to in cahoots with human government insiders. Also -- will Helen get to go to the prom, in any dimension?
I got Silverwood as soon as it came out and wasn't disappointed.
I continue to look forward the the never-ending Neptune Road series and will certainly pick up the next Silverwood when it comes out next year.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Helen and Henry Silverwood have grown up on the run...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Where We Live > City Life
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Stepfamilies
- Books > Children's Books > Mysteries & Detectives
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy & Magic
- Books > Children's Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Geography & Cultures > Where We Live > City Life
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > Blended Families
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Fantasy & Magic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science, Nature & How It Works