Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 24, 2012
We started our daughter on powder formula. She spit up like a champ. We tried EVERY brand and none worked. At the request of our friend, we tried this formula. Her episodes of spitting up have decreased by about 75 %. It's been a god send!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on January 2, 2011
Abbott is currently on backorder with this formula and stated that whatever is left in stores and floating around is all that's available. I am very happy to be able to purchase it through this vendor on Amazon as it is the only formula my daughter can tolerate for her severe spit up and reflux issues. We have tried everything, Similac Advanced, Similac Sensitive Isomil Soy, Nutramigen which is hypoallergenic, none of them helped us...This formula is currently the only pre-thickened rice starch formula available that is lactose free, which is helpful for us because our daughter is also sensitive to milk proteins. I hope I can find this formula back on shelves in stores soon!
on June 13, 2007
My daughter does very well with this formula after months on Enfamil AR. She has much less reflux pain while eating, though her spit ups are about the same with Enfamil AR vs Similac RS.

I would recommend this for babies with swallowing difficulties or reflux as my daughter has. She is doing great on it.
11 comment|Report abuse
on September 20, 2010
My daughter has tried ALL of the formulas out there and this one is the only one she doesn't projectile vomit from. She spits up, but very little considering what she was doing before. So , if you are expecting this formula to take away spit up, you will be disapopinted. It just lessens it by about 90 %. Great product
on November 20, 2014
We tried Enfamil AR, Gerber Gentle, and the similac for spit-up was the most effective at REDUCING spit up with both of our babies. They both still spit-up at virtually every fitting, but noticeably less with the similac green than with other spit up formulas. Some babies just spit up - it's normal. If they aren't bothered by it, there's absolutely no need to medicate (ranitidine, lansoprazole, etc). Its a normal part of development for many babies. Acid reducers can create problems with calcium absorption and even increase likelihood of some GI infections. Don't use them unless the spitting up is actually uncomfortable for the baby.
on August 26, 2011
We love this formula. We battled it out with breastmilk, and several different kinds of formula during my daughter's first month of life. Only this formula would work for her. Everything else always came right back up. It has been determined that she has reflux. Zantac has really helped. Still we need formula! This is premixed and the thickest kind. I find it doesn't stain much, either (though I do wash things frequently). While the price fluctuates, it does seem to cost less than most of the other ready-made formulas, too, but you can't always count on that. All in all, I like this better than the sensitive for fussiness and gas (too thin so it came right back up), alimentum (baby didn't even want to taste it, too bitter? bad smell), good start (made her poop immediately and she fussed while drinking), and regular similac (too thin, came right back up).
on January 28, 2012
I always count on Amazon reviews when buying products, but never write any of my own. In this case I wanted to write a review, because I was persuaded to try this product based on the positive feedback provided by Amazon customers after extensively researching any/everything I could find related to infant reflux.

My daughter was diagnosed with reflux after a scary choking episode at 8 weeks. She was on Gentleease and the doctor prescribed Zantac 2x a day as well. The reflux improved a bit, but she still had major issues and painful reflux episodes so we were switched to Prevacid Solutabs. The Prevacid helped with the pain of the reflux, but the reflux itself also troubled our daughter and caused discomfort and gas since she tends to gulp air when refluxing. After trying Enfamil AR RTF her reflux improved greatly the 1st 24 hours, but she reacted terribly on day 2 with severe gas and stomach pains (Maybe because the proteins in Gentleease are broken down, but they're not in the Enfamil AR?). At our doctor's suggestion we started to add rice cereal to the Gentleease instead (12 teaspoons per 8.5 oz bottle) which also helped the reflux, but made her very gassy - I suspect because the liquid was so thick even with a Dr. Brown's level 3 nipple that she was sucking in too much air.

I decided to give Similac Sensitive RS a try and have been thrilled with the results. We have been using it for roughly 5 weeks with great success. Even though the prevacid neutralizes the stomach acid that is needed to bond with the Rice Starch, the formula helped with my daughter's reflux tremendously. She takes her prevacid 1x/day in the evenings and her reflux is tougher at night, but vastly improved from anything else we have tried. At her 4 month check-up the doc suggested that we start rice cereal with a spoon and that has seemed to help as well.

If your infant is suffering from reflux and you're playing the formula roulette game I highly recommend trying this product. Other pro's - the container is easy to store (vs. a can) and it is less expensive than the Enfamil RTF products.

The product can get very bubbly if accidentally shaken, but the bubbles dissipate after the bottle is warmed up.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on May 15, 2011
My baby was on Neocate until she was 4 months old. For a month she was on Nutramigen, but started to spit up a lot. So I tried Similac Sensitive For Spit Up and it just worked. Too bad is flying of the shelves. I don't know what is the deal with that, but I can't find it in stores anymore. Thanks Amazon. I even checked Similac's online site to see if there was a recall on it, but was glad to find there wasn't. It worked great for my baby.
on June 13, 2011
Similac Sensitive R.S. Infant Formula with Iron, For Spit-up, Ready to Feed, 1-Quart (Pack of 6)

When my son was born, I was exclusively breastfeeding. However, due to some problems with gaining weight and constantly spitting up HUGE amounts, we had to supplement and eventually switch to exclusively formula. His doctor initially recommended Enfamil AR (powder)and at first it seemed to work, but after a day or so, the spitting up returned. (As well as days of constipation and gas!!) I was becoming frustrated and started researching Similac. I had read several reviews from moms that had used Enfamil AR, switched to Similac Sensitive RS and had great results, so I bought a bottle at my local store to try it out. WOW!! We have had excellent results from Similac Sensitive RS!! Not nearly as much spitting up,(not any more than just a little with a burp) NO constipation and NO painful gas!! It can be expensive, which is why I purchase it here on Amazon. A case of 6 for not even $30 is a very competitive price and very affordable! Which is great for our one income family!!

Oh and BTW, I also like the ready to feed much better than a powder type formula... not as many bubbles which is great for little tummies! :)
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on December 24, 2012
I had my son in Oct of 2012, I breastfeedi for 3 straight weeks but due to some problems (and now looking back, can be attributed to a milk protein allergy) we switched to the regular similac. Well he was miserable, gas, upset tummy, diariaha. So we switched to sensitive, that day we saw an improvement BUT it didn't satisfy him, he would eat and eat and eat, (I'm guessing because it's partially digested) so the dr wanted to put him back on the regular stuff because she said he was overeating, again, that night he was back to the gas, diariaha so back the dr we go, the new dr suggested we try this, it's the same as the sensitive but has rice starch in it to thicken it up a bit and it's worked PERFECT since, all the benefits of the sensitive with the thicker formula to keep him satisfied, thank you!