Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 484 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 518 reviews
on October 5, 2013
Nice, simple unit to use. Not as fancy (nor as expensive!) as others out there but works perfectly for what I needed it for. +/-1 yard in accuracy which is well within reason for my purposes of sighting in my turkey gun and hunting firearms. Allows option to switch between meters and yards and is overall all very easy to use. Doesn't ship with a battery (requires a 9 volt) but not a huge issue at all, just something to have in mind if you want to use it right out of the box. Comes with a carrying case and has a hole drilled for a lanyard or carrying strap if you wanted to attach one. The eye relief is something of an issue: you're pretty much guaranteed to have shadow no matter how close or far you get your eye from the ocular opening. The glass/resolution isn't the best but again, for the price, it's well within reason and good enough for government work! I'd buy this unit again in the black color that I'll attach camo tape to. Cheaper than the unnecessary markup for the camo patterned unit.
on November 26, 2014
After I ordered this I read some of the reviews I'm glad I ordered it before I read them. For the money this is a great product. I have used it a few times and for what I use it for it has worked great. I only use it for archery so I don't use it for long distances. For my permanent stands I already had marked distances on trees when I double checked them with the rangefinder they matched.
Now when you are in brushy areas it is hard to get readings on distant objects I would imagine this is because of interference from twigs and limbs between you and the object. I never had a Range finder before but I would guess you would have the same issue with a more expensive one.
To sum it up I like this product and would recommend it.
on August 26, 2015
The Simmons 801405 Rangerfinder is a great tool for hunting. I'm a deer hunter and for bow season I use a crossbow so I'll only need to go out to a max of 60 yards. This unit does an excellent job for that. And I'm sure come rifle season, it will work well to at least a couple hundred yards. Best bang for the buck!

Pros: Price, Uses 9 volt Battery, Small and light weight, displays Yards or Meters, Fast One Button operation, displays your distance within a second or two (depending on how far you are measuring). Has a case and place for lanyard.

Cons: Not Water or Rain Proof, did not include battery or lanyard.
on September 2, 2015
I read over 400 reviews on this product before I purchased it and I'm really not sure what most of you were talking about, because it barely picks up the flag from 150 yards out. I kind of figured I was going to get what I paid for and unfortunately I was right. I've had Bushnell range finders before and they work great, but most good ones are well over $300. I took a chance on the Simmons one for $120 and now I've got a $120 dust collector. It might be usable for short range hunting, but take my advice.....spend the extra money and buy something else if you're an avid golfer.
on October 3, 2014
I'm using this for an entry level golf rangefinder and it works great! It was only $95 after tax and using the rebate.

This is much less expensive than any other rangefinder I saw.

It accurately gives me distances up to a bit less than 300 yards.

It's not always easy to get the laser to sight directly on a tiny flag unless the wind is blowing it sideways, but this is not really the fault of the rangefinder. I can usually get a reading from something nearby (bunker, tree, etc.) or the grass under the flag. It seems to work pretty well even as it gets darker in the evening -- usually I try and find something lighter to sight on.

I've been using this a couple times a week for two months and it seems like the battery is still going strong.

It does not calculate elevation but I wasn't expecting it to and it doesn't make any such claim so does not deserve to have a star removed for that.

For the price this can't be beat and would be a great present.
on December 31, 2013
I used this to measure distances of fence and areas of pasture on a small farm. It worked well for six months, then died. Both Amazon and the supplier disavowed any responsibility for the death. Be warned!
on March 26, 2017
So-so product. Spent $130 after shipping and all. It worked kind of well for the first season. After that it wasn't so great. If you are in a pinch it works. If I got a new one and it worked I'd change the review but I don't want to risk spending another (now) $90 on the product to have it fail again.
on July 17, 2015
I'm not exactly what people are looking for in a range finder other than to determine a distance. What I can tell you is that I don't believe it can be an easier to find a distance than it is with this range finder. Insert 9 volt battery, look through the eyepiece, press the button and almost instantly you get the distance. Really, it's that simple. If you're expecting this range finder to also shoot the game animal that is your target, this isn't the range finder you want. You may want to spend the extra couple hundred dollars for a range finder that comes with extra bells & whistles. I'm perfectly satisfied paying 90$ for this range finder that does what I need it to do: measure distances.
on December 1, 2014
Fits well in the hand, seems reasonably accurate as I laze the house across the cul de sac and the street light down the road. Quick response time, clear display, easy to change up between Yards and Meters. The instructions imply a 1 year battery life (it's a single 9v btw).

I won't get out into the field for a couple of weeks, we'll see how this holds up through the next year.

*** update 12/29/2014
I brought it out shooting with me this past weekend. VERY nice to have! Walking downrange from the benches, checking over my shoulder for a 100-yard point. BAM! Right there. Coming back and finding good spots top drop a target... Here's 52 yards, here's 27 yards.

Quick to range, all measurements easily repeated. "Aiming" wise, I was easily able to range a 12" steel disc at 100 yards, and a group of four 1" diameter saplings at 113 yards.
on August 27, 2015
This was bought as a gift for my dad, who golfs about 300 days out of the year (no exaggeration here). My dad has always wanted a rangefinder to use when he golfed, but needless to say they are not a cheap gift to give when you are a college student (as was I at time of purchase). So I didn't have a ton of money to spend on Christmas and knew he wanted this. Well, the rangefinders made for golfing were well above my price range and so the research for alternatives began. I came across this beauty one day on amazon and read the reviews, found them good enough and bought it.

Well, I was right in my assessment. He uses this everyday now and has had no complaints about it. I use it myself when I play with him and it seems to do the job just fine. I would recommend this to the golfer who doesn't have or doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a rangefinder. Very nice addition to any casual golfers cart.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.