Simmons Kids Full Size Metal Bed Rails Metal
- Easy assembly
- Sturdy construction
- Meets or exceeds all safety standards
- Use with crib models: 1850, 1851, 18501, 18502, 18510, 18511, 18512, 28180, 39180
- Use with crib models: 202180, 202181, 205180, 216180, 220180, 224180, 236180, 263180M, 236187, 236189, 237180, 239180, 239187, 239189, 258180, 267180, 267181, 276180, 282606, 282180, 282560, 282680
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I have the Valencia crib/dresser that I purchased at Burlington's baby depot. The crib came with assembly instructions and some extra screws/bolts etc that were in little baggies and were labled "full size conversion" and "daybed conversion". I tossed all this in a drawer and forgot about them after we assembled the crib.
I was concerned reading the poor reviews about how unstable the bed was with these full rails, but decided to give them a shot. They arrived, and I opened them up and attached them to the headboard and footboard with the bolts that were included with the bed rails. It was VERY unstable. I was so bummed. Then I started thinking about it, and I decided that all this bed rail set really needed was shorter bolts to make it stable.. and I decided to go grab the original instructions for the crib to see if I had even ordered the right rails. Yes, these rails were the correct model number per the box for our crib. BUT the Valencia crib instructions specifically say to use the SHORTER bolts that came WITH THE CRIB and to DISCARD all the hardware that comes with the rails. WALAH! I found the baggie with the shorter bolts and it was labeled "full conversion" and all my problems were solved. Once I did that, I had a very stable full size bed made with these rails and I was very happy. These rails are very heavy duty. I do however, plan on having some extra wood slats added.
One review said they were only able to put one screw in per "corner" but I don't understand why they thought that... I had no problem getting two in per "corner" I just attached the footboard first so that I knew which holes to use on the headboard.
1. Drill completely through the top and bottom holes in the headboard and footboard that were originally for the bed rails. See picture.
2. Buy some additional hardware, as the stuff that comes with these bed rails aren't sturdy enough. We bought 8 sets of 1/4 inch carriage bolts.
3. Bolt the header and footer to the bed rails using the carriage bolts and drilled holes.
4. I bought a bunkie board because the cross bar did not fit, it was too short.
5. We taped the bunkie board to the metal frame with duct tape because it was slipping around, making it hard to adjust the mattress.
6. We placed the full mattress straight on the frame and bunkie boards, no box spring.
7. This securely holds me and my 5 year old daughter, I weigh about 150lbs. My husband, at about 200lbs, was too much for those bunkie boards. When he sat on the mattress the bunky boards slid off the rails and the mattress went down, but that was before we taped them so they wouldn't slide. It may hold him now but we aren't trying again.
I would say these rails are universal. Thankfully we had some holes to help align the bed to the rails, because that would not have been fun to try and drill level holes for the whole bed.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works perfectly on the crib we purchased for my daughter 4 years ago. We finally decided to convert her crib to a full sized bed, but of course the company that made the crib no... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Manders
We purchased these bed rails in order to convert a Simmons Valencia crib (which we had already converted to a toddler bed) to a full size bed. Read morePublished 4 months ago by SLM
Perfect fit and easy to install. I'm glad I was able to find it on Amazon. Reasonably priced as well.Published 8 months ago by Adriana B
Bought for my child over a year ago and it is working great. There is no sagging or anything, these rails hold up both the box-spring and mattress plus a child. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Fus
Fit her bed well. I used the screws that came with her original crib not the rails. Not giving 5 stars because the ends did not line up well with the backboard and we had to find... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Ruth Davis
I have the Summer Haven Simmons collection which I believe is currently no longer manufactured. This rail is to convert the crib set into a full size bed. Read morePublished 14 months ago by Olumide A.