Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on December 26, 2012
We bought this for our daughter who is a beginner and this kit is great. It is easy to set up and takes little space. The versatility and the ability to learn using the controller are excellent. I was on a touring road crew for 15 years and am very familiar with what makes a good drum kit. As others, I agree that there are better kits out there. If you are a professional or even a regular drummer, get a professional kit. If you are just a tinkerer or a beginner, this is a great kit for the money.

Pros: Good versatility, easy setup, ability to create your own kits and aux input to play along with your own songs.

Cons: Pads are somewhat generic in that they do not have authentic response, no rim shot sensing, kick pad is not big enough for a double kick.

Overall, I would recommend this kit to any hobbyist or parent with a beginner. Experienced drummers looking for a practice kit should not expect much from this kit.
on January 28, 2010
I bought this electronic drum set for my son for Christmas this year. He used it for less than 3 weeks when the foot pedal quit working...I am still trying to find a Simmons contact who can help me get the pedal repaired or replaced. If anyone out there knows some way I can get in touch with Simmons customer service, please share.
on December 26, 2012
The sound is very good, I was surprised, this is my first electronic kit, I am used to accoustic drums. The only thing I don't like is that I have to purchase an amplifier to hear the drums without my headphones.
on May 9, 2013
We were a little disappointed that the kick pad wasn't quite big enough to register double kick pedal. The sounds are pretty stock, so the analog doesn't really produce much of a difference.
However, we have used these to record demos and practice on. Awesome kit for the cheap price I paid, but I bought more out of need at the time, so quality wasn't my goal.
on December 21, 2012
Nice, nice, nice drum!!!! So many people compare's drum with other brands but it has all that I need. its perfect
on May 12, 2013
Does not sound like a real drum kit even if you hook it up to a PA system but it is definitely good for beginner and good to practice with. You can learn to play without everyone hearing you learn to play with out breaking the bank.
on December 23, 2013
These are very cheap drum set. Not good for nothing. Get better kit. This is not even a good kids set too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.