Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 24, 2014
love these drums! I hook them up via MIDI into Battery, so I don't use the sounds that come with the drums, but for the price you can't beat the quality of these drums!
on April 10, 2015
me and my son have lot of fun
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 30, 2012
I am a drummer of 25 years, this is my first e-drum kit.

The Simmons SD5X replaced my practice pad kit. I am amazed how versatile (and FUN) this kit is. For the price point you simply cannot beat it. If you want to practice anytime and have fun while doing so you cannot ask for more. This is not a kit that you would expect to have as a primary kit, the sound options are limited and the Hi Hat pedal is either open or closed, no variable of "loose playing" options.

Again - for the price point this kit is awesome!
22 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 4, 2014
I use this kit for practicing in my apartment. It's definitely a good deal for what you get. Here are a few things I noticed that might be worth pointing out to anyone considering.

Using a double kick pedal puts the beaters off center to the bass drum trigger (which is in the center of the pad). This can lead to the kick not being triggered with lighter more dynamic playing. (edit: since this review I have switched from wooden beaters to plastic dw beaters and it triggers easier. Using felt double bass beaters on this kick will not trigger unless you play really hard. It will probably also ruin your felt by hitting a hard rubber surface) *update* since switching to dw beaters with felt/plastic and using the plastic sides, they trigger much better than I had with solid wood beaters.

The hihat pedal/cymbal do not operate with anything close to the feel of the real thing.

Hitting the hard rubber pads can wear your wrists out quickly. Especially when using large sticks. I would recommend using these with Zildjian Anti-Vibe sticks that absorb the shock of hitting rubber surfaces.
on March 14, 2016
When you purchase this set, it's imperative that you buy the extended warranty. I bought this set and took good care of it, realizing that it was an economic model; only played with 5A/7A sticks. Over the course of my 2 year extended warranty that I purchased (these are not exaggerated figures, I have the incident #s to confirm), I had 3 kick pad replacements, 4 hi hat pads, 3 crash pads, 4 snare pads, 5 tom pads, and 1 wire harness replacement. If you are going to play this set more than once a week, spend your money elsewhere. This is a great set for a 12 and under.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2014
I purchased this as a gift for my father. It did not have instructions on how to put together but it was very easy. Only thing we had trouble with was two of the cymbals was placed in wrong spot. The one that as small bumps (7 i think) on the edge is the crash and the bumps are for when you grab the cymbal it mutes it, as to stop it from ringing. He is very happy with them and it is a great set for the price point.