Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Simple Program Design, A Step-by-Step Approach, Fifth Edition
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 19, 2010
While taking a required course in college, I found myself at an impasse with the school's textebook for this class. While talking with my Academic Advisor, he gave me the title of this book to try to explain what was being said in a more technical language without a breakdown. I will be recommending this textbook to my next programming Professor as a supplemental text for our class. There are people that do not have much programming background in this class and could use a clear concise text that will help them understand the basics of programming. This book breaks it down in a logical order instead of being all over the map like the required textbook.

If you are looking for a good text to help you clarify information in another programming textbook then this is the book that is a must to help anyone from the beginning tech to the advanced learner. This text is a definite must even for the casual programmer.
on May 22, 2013
This is an updating one. But less readable than its predecessor, the 4th edition.
OOD is less info than the 4th ed.

No need to buy this edition. The 4th edition is less expensive @5.00 in used one.
on August 26, 2016
Need this book for a programming logic class. Book primarily focus on flow charts to give a general idea of programing. Books teaches you some of the basic verbage used. For my class we used the free software Raptor to create our flowcharts. The book is a little unclear at times on some of the problems listed. I would recommended this book for someone in a classroom setting but I would not recommended it for a DIY home user.
on July 13, 2012
This books is the only book required for my logic & design class. I am computer illiterate when it comes to programs and coding. In the beginning of this book, it explains the definitions of certain things and then jumps to everything technical. I feel as if I'm just reading words and not comprehending anything. This book is more for someone mid-level and above in computer programming.
If you're a beginner, find something else.
on November 14, 2015
I was forced to buy this for a college course but I ended up enjoying the book somewhat. The chapters get a bit repetitive from time to time, but overall program design is presented in a quick and easily understood format. I would recommend this book for someone interested in getting a good survey of program design.
on May 22, 2014
I like this book for learning all things programming and was a cornerstone of my career to know how to figure things logically and importantly consistently.
on September 8, 2013
I ordered this for school and it was just what the professor required. It worked great for my class and had easy explanations for most things.
on September 23, 2014
Excellent condition! Brand new, cheap and arrived on time. Thank you.
on December 3, 2014
This book only goes over how to problem solve
on September 15, 2015
This book gives examples of pseudocode and algorithms for beginners who want to step in to software design.