- Create your FREE Amazon Business account to save up to 10% with Business-only prices and free shipping.
SimpliSafe MS1 Extra Motion Sensor ( Original System)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Item Weight||0.02 Pounds|
|Maximum Range||30 Feet|
|Number of Batteries||1 CR123A batteries required.|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Full Room Coverage - Detects motion within 30 feet. The sensor has a “field of vision” of 90 degrees, giving you a full range of coverage when placed in a corner.
- Flexible Install - The sensor is shaped to stand on a shelf, adhere to a wall, or fit in a corner for maximum room coverage. Set the sensor to be active only in “away” mode (so that you won’t trigger it when you’re at home) or both “home” and “away” modes (for rooms that you want covered with a motion sensor while you’re home).
- Pet Friendly - Your dogs and cats under 50 lbs won’t trigger the alarm. We’ve designed the sensor to be less sensitive to motion close to the ground.
- Works only with the Simpli Safe Original System
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Motion Sensors are effective for protecting large areas inside of your apartment. They detect motion up to 30 feet away and are pet friendly - they won't detect pets under 50 pounds.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I thank my Lord it was a false alarm. Thank you that the motion sensor work and the monitoring system work as both were proven.
The tape on the back of the components has to be stronger than what was placed on the one I purchased. I called support to report this tape malfunction but the wait for support was too long for me - sorry. I removed this sensor from my alarm system until I can figure out what strong tape I can put on there. The tape on the back of the components is just as important as the component.
The most probably explanation I have found is that if a spider or something similar happens to walk over the sensor, even though the thermal mass of an insect is small, placed right in front of this type of sensor will appear as a larger mass such a person or larger animal. Again without having a camera installed to be able to verify if this was simply a false alarm or not, I won't be using these motion sensors.
They all work after swapping two of three that I ordered
Mounted upside down my pets do not trigger an alarm, but I do
Easily added to my existing SimpliSafe alarm system
Can be configured independently from each other. i.e. I have the two of the motion sensors set to trigger the alarm even when in the "home" mode and one of them configured to allow us to walk around freely upstairs.
They can also be configured with no delay - instant alarm trigger
Peace of mind for less money than the big name security system companies
I did not use the screws provided, I just cleaned the surfaces I planned to mount them to and waited for the surface to dry. Then used the double sided tape to stick them in a corner to the drywall. They haven't fallen down.
As mentioned two arrived DOA
It might take you some time to mount in the ideal location if you have pets
These motion sensors can be inconspicuously mounted and are less expensive then mounting entry sensors on every window. Great value for piece of mind and the ability to configure them independently is nice.