|Manufacturer||SimpliSafe (DS) - DROPSHIP|
|Part Number||8 piece|
|Item Weight||6.14 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.13 x 4.44 x 12.38 inches|
|Item model number||8 piece|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Power Source||Battery powered|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||1 Base Station, 1 Keypad, 4 Entry Sensors, 1 Motion Sensor, 1 Panic Button|
|Battery Cell Type||Alkaline|
|Warranty Description||3 year warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
SimpliSafe 8 Piece Wireless Home Security System - Optional 24/7 Professional Monitoring - No Contract - Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, and start protecting your home in minutes - no tools required.
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 50c/day - No contracts.
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to 1000 ft. range -- no extender needed.
- Panic Button instantly triggers the alarm and dispatch police fast - with silent panic option to signal for help discreetly.
- Includes: Base Station with built-in 95dB siren, Keypad, 4 Entry Sensors, Motion Sensor, Panic Button, Yard sign, Window security stickers and a Free month of monitoring.
- Backups for your backups. 24 hour battery and dual Wi-Fi & cellular connections to keep your home secure and protected from the unexpected.
- We've got you covered - customize your Simplisafe security system with additional sensors for whole home protection - up to 100!
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Home Security. Done Right
Your home should be the safest place on earth
We want to help you protect it—the right way. We have two core principles:
Use technology to make you safer
We designed SimpliSafe from the ground up. Removing complexity. Making setup a breeze. It’s an intelligent, effective home security system that is prepared for everything.
We believe that prices should be fair and honest, and your trust should be earned not demanded. So we got rid of middlemen and long-term contracts. No nickel and diming. No hidden fees. We don’t get paid unless you are happy. That’s exactly the way it should be.
- 24/7 professional monitoring
- Police dispatch
- No contracts
- No tools needed
- Power outage protection
- Works with Amazon Alexa
Built for the Unexpected
An intruder can take out the Keypad. We will still alert the police. Sorry, bad guys.
We doubled down. Took our built-in cellular connection. Put it on the strongest networks. Then reinforced it with Wi-Fi. So your home is always secure.
We’ve got 6 monitoring centers. They all protect your home. All the time. Overkill? It’s not. It means there’s no single point of failure. So a disaster can’t take down your protection.
Power Outage Protection
The power fails. We don’t. In a blackout, a back-up battery kicks in and protects you for a full 24 hours.
Less Markup. More Protection. No Contracts
A common misconception: the more you pay, the more you get. But the truth is you’re paying for more markup. Not more security.
You shouldn't have to pay more so we can do less. We cut out the middlemen, so you get award-winning protection at fair and honest prices, with no contracts.
No contracts, period
No contracts means we don't get paid unless you're happy. It's just common sense.
"The Best Home Security" - the Wirecutter- 2018
- CNET and PC Magazine's Editors' Choice-2015 for Home Security
- Protecting over 2 million Americans
- Over a decade of home protection
- A+ Rated by the Better Business Bureau
Like your personal security guard. The Base Station sends alarm signals to the monitoring center. It’s got a built-in cellular connection, 24 hour battery backup, plus a 95dB siren.
It’s got a big, bright display and backlit keys so it’s easy to use at night. No plug needed—place it anywhere you want.
Protects your windows and doors — works with any kind of either. They’re designed to disappear, so you can blanket your home with protection and never notice.
Covers a whole room with protection. Designed to detect intruders, not pets.
A night watch for your home. A day watch too
Every home at some point faces danger. Our job is to snuff it out. Our 24/7 alarm monitoring is always there. Ready to alert police when your home needs help. They named us Central Station of the Year. We’re proud of that. Professional monitoring starts at $14.99/month. No contracts.
Law enforcement loves video verification. It means the alarm is a) the real deal and b) in progress. And that means they are way more likely to catch the criminal. The result? They get there as fast as possible. We offer it. Others don’t.
Add a SimpliCam to any SimpliSafe system. Setup is quick, and the crystal clear video can be viewed within the SimpliSafe app anywhere in the world.
SimpliCam HD Security Camera
- See what happens in an emergency
- Capture crucial evidence
- Watch free anytime
Compare with similar items
SimpliCam 24/7 HD Security Camera
Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant (Pack of 2), White - WYZEC2X2
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Shannon's Hot Deals||2DayPrime||P&D Logistics LLC||Amazon.com||2DayPrime|
|Item Dimensions||12.13 x 4.44 x 12.38 inches||2.00 x 0.12 x 2.70 inches||2.13 x 1.50 x 2.13 inches||3.00 x 3.00 x 3.00 inches||2.20 x 2.00 x 2.00 inches||2.13 x 1.60 x 2.13 inches|
The new York times wire cutter calls Simplisafe “The best home security. ” and it’s won the editors’ Choice at CNET and PC magazine too. Simplisafe was built to protect with sensors for every window, door and room. It’s also remarkably intuitive, thoughtfully designed so you can blanket your home with protection and never notice. With 24/7 professional monitoring named the industry’s best, Simplisafe is always ready to alert the authorities when you need help. It’s just 14. 99/month with no contracts.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The company does not provide the monitoring: they give your personal data (and real-time access to monitoring in your home) to third parties that are unnamed. When these small third party companies with limited funds to spend on data security get hacked, SimpliSafe can just avoid responsibility by saying it's not their fault. I don't want a security company whose business model is to deny responsibility for the security of extremely personal information.
2. The app for the system costs $120/year, and it doesn't work. They deceptively say in the product information that the service cost is only $14.95/month, but they omit the fact that they want to charge $10/mo in addition for the app. A nearly 70% additional charge just for the app!! And if you check the app reviews, it's abysmal. The app is completely unreliable in arming and disarming the system or connecting remotely to check on status. I don't pay anything for the app that lets me check on my Nest thermostat or Nest smoke/CO detectors. And yet after taking your $15/mo. they want even more for an app that doesn't work.
3. The company claims on their website that they have "40,000 5-star reviews on Amazon." This is highly dishonest. None of their kits on Amazon is highly rated. Their kit with the most reviews (just in the range of 5,000) has a 3-star average and thousands of critical reviews.
4. They state in their advertising that adding the camera is important because the police will respond more quickly if the presence of an intruder is confirmed by video. However, they do not provide any guarantees about the use of the live and recorded video from inside your home. There is nothing guaranteed about who can access that video and how long they keep it. They limit your access to 30 days, but they do give no guarantee about keeping that 24/7 recording of the inside of your house private.
5. The primary communication to their service is via cell phone. They don't state which service provider they use, and I've never lived anywhere that has a good signal from all carriers. I get spotty voice quality from AT+T where I live, so not having an option to connect this to a land line is a serious limitation.
6. The sensors for windows, motion, etc. are just off-the-shelf parts. There is no innovation here in the accuracy or reliability or other functionality of the sensors themselves. The concerns above about the service are the heart of the issue. You can buy these sensors and a base station from any number of companies, so it comes down to the cost, reliability, and privacy of the service. These guys aren't even providing the service: they are just outsourcing it to someone else unnamed, so who knows what your actually buying here.
-- Easy to Install. I have installed professional wireless alarm system and for those you need a engineering degree to understand. The Simplisafe is as simple as it needs to be to install for any average non technical homeowner. There are textual and voice prompts that help guide you though the simple procedures.
-- Easy to add sensors. Each sensor has a button that when pushed will then pair it with the system then you name it using the key pad. Its that easy.
- Easy to name sensors. When naming sensors you can choose from a standard list of names in the keypad menu or create you own unique name using the keypad.
-- The sensor devices come ready with self adhesive backing to attach anywhere it is convenient.
-- Good Sensor Gap: The sensors to magnet have a inch or so gap before triggering. This is good because it helps prevent false alarms due to window or door rattling during windy days or other events that could shake the house.
-- Keypad is easy to use. It has on screen instructions with 4 control buttons on each screen edge that allow you to easily navigate for installation or when operating the alarm.
-- Not complicated at all. Just enough user configuration. When Away, just set the time you want to allow to leave before the alarm activates. When Home set it for 0 seconds so that the alarm will immediately activate.
-- Smart alarm configuration; For Home the motion detectors are automatically deactivate so you dont need to do anything.
-- Opening Warning and Bypass: the alarm will warn you that a window or door is open when you try to alarm it. It will bypass those if you continue to arm the alarm.
-- Excellent Long Range!: I placed the keypad and a door sensor about 75ft away from the base station with 4 walls and 1 floor in between and the Simplisafe detected the sensor being opened as well as the keypad was communicating with the base station.
-- The system will give you warning when the batteries need to be replaced.
-- Attractive Looking: The devices from the Base Station to the window and door sensors are attractively designed in a off-white color that will most decors.
-- Several additional sensors are available at as reasonable price: Key fob to arm, disarm, or panic; Smoke, CO, water, temp, glass break, sirens, cameras and freeze. For example an additional window sensor is $15.
-- A nice touch is that the system is provided with a yard sign and stake and 2 window stickers, but far to few stickers.
-- Reliable!: Update: After 12 weeks of operating the system there have been no false alarms or unexplained behavior.
-- Sirens are loud: In addition to what came with the kit, I purchased and installed 2 sirens on the outside of the house. Being battery powered they are surprisingly very loud. The sirens definitely got the attention of the neighbors......a good thing!
-- The Key Fobs are great! In addition to what came with the kit I purchased 2 key fobs. You can set or deactivate the alarm with the key fob. Also there is a panic button at the top of the key fob. Its slightly recessed but a finger nail will easily push in the button.
-- No Monitoring service required! One can use this alarm without a monitoring service. The alarm will warn you it is not monitored on each activation but that's only the most minor of annoyances
THE COULD BE IMPROVED:
- The Base Station siren is not very loud. The volume of the Base Station is adjustable but even its loudest is not loud enough. While you may hear it when in the same room or small apartment, it will be difficult to hear across the house. In this test an elderly who normally wears hearing aids did not wake up when the Base Station siren went off in the next room. It will really be necessary to add the additional sirens for practical home use.
-- No garage door sensor. Garage doors move a lot in the wind and the small Simplisafe door and window sensor magnet and switch do not allow for enough movement to prevent false alarms during a storm or other door movement. This could have been simply solved by providing terminals to the door sensors to allow a larger magnet/switch configuration to be wired to it in lieu of the Simplisafe switch/magnet.
- No Heat Sensor. The garage is one of the important rooms to detect fire. Smoke alarms in the garage are a bad idea as they will have false alarms from driving a vehicle in the garage. The alarm industry will put a heat or fire sensor in the garage to eliminate false alarms but Simplisafe does not offer one.
Update: I have since installed 9 additional sensors, 2 key-fobs and 2 external sirens. All very easy to pair and setup. Im impressed with the simplicity to install the alarm. The sirens and key-fobs work great and after 6 weeks of continuous use the entire alarm system has had no false alarms or unexplained behavior. Further a very non technical elderly couple who are using the alarm are able to install new sensors and configure the alarm on their own. A testament to how easy the alarm is to configure.
UPDATE: During a recent Santa Ana window event a Simplisafe standard sensor mounted on a garage door has worked well even through the storm event. This is due to the large gap allowed by the sensor to magnet mentioned previously before the switch is activated.
A well thought through system for the non technical do it yourself installer but fall a little short of a professional system due to is lack of fire/heat sensor and ID of specific open sensor warnings before arming.
Top reviews from other countries
Diseño super intuitivo, todo se sujeta con adhesivos (o con tornillos opcionalmente).
El monitoreo, bueno, sin monitoreo no tienes acceso ni a la App ni al website y por ende tampoco recibes notificaciones en caso de activarse, pero funciona a modo local y se presume que es suficiente para espantar a los rateros o por lo menos alertar a los vecinos quienes te llamarán para que calles la chicharra, ja ja.