Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 164 reviews
on February 17, 2014
This is a beautiful book full of wonderful recipes (receipes if you are from the UK), classy advice on how to host events, and lovely photographs. There are plenty of detailed receipes for appetizers, entrees, desserts and comfort food, all of which can be used for hosting parties/having friends over. I particularly liked the Beef Wellington, Persian Chicken, bangers 'n' mash, flour-less chocolate cake and how to cook proper roast potatoes. Reading this is like meeting a dear friend and spending a delightful afternoon catching up over tea. There are lots of ideas to brighten your home. Lisa has such a good sense of humour and the book has a good pace of wit and sophistication but in a refined, non-pompous way. If you want to feel like you've escaped it all dip into this book. Highly recommended and yes, Giggy is of course featured too. Perfect!
Too many expensive recipes and too much about her dog (I love my dog, too, but puh-leeze!) but the photos are gorgeous and the book is worth the price for 1) how to keep flowers alive longer 2) tips on plating food for greater appeal 3) all the party planning and serving explanations.
on May 8, 2015
I wish the book was longer and that I was able to read it on my iPad (rather than getting an error). Otherwise, the book was better than expected. In a warm and humorous way, Lisa shares her personal feelings, flair for style and a variety of recipes that sound delicious. I was sorry to see the book come to an end. There were several beautiful photos also included. It was a joy to be drawn into Lisa's world for a moment and to learn how to entertain in a similar manner. I recommend the book to anyone who is a fan of entertaining, cooking, creating beautiful memories, or of Lisa Vanderpump herself.
on December 22, 2013
Lisa Vanderpump has put together a great book here. She keeps the content light-hearted while offering sound advice on entertaining, things that hadn't occurred to me prior to this read. I appreciate the "smoke and mirrors" reference she adds to exhibit that your home doesn't have to be perfect to throw a great gathering. The books gives a bit of her background, which makes her quite relatable, and even offers advice on entertaining etiquette. A couple of months after reading this book, which can easily be used as a reference instead of a cover-to-cover read, I threw a holiday party at my home, and it went off without a hitch! With this book in my personal library, I have much more confidence to entertain than I ever had.
on January 2, 2014
I picked up quite a few good tips from this book and will incorporate them into my entertaining bag of tricks. However, owning at least 2 successful restaurants in chi-chi land, I would have liked to see some fancy'schmancy recipes from SUR and more of her fabulous decorating secrets . When watching the television show, there are so many visual oohs and ahhs, and the book barely scratched the surface of the luxe life of Lisa. I think she is fabulously lavish and surrounds herself with beauty and I'd like to see her share a little more with me.
on February 23, 2015
Awesome book. Got one for me and one for my sister, which is the true test of how much I love a book. If I send one to her before I even finish reading it (which was the case), I am impressed. Lots of laughs as well as gorgeous photos and scrumptious recipes. I liked reading this book because Lisa made me feel like I was one of her girlfriends and she was sharing her tips with me - who wouldn't want to know Lisa? Now we can!
on November 9, 2011
This book is a lovely collection of stories of Lisa's life, recipes, and tips on entertaining. It has a little bit of everything. I am a big fan of Lisa's style and was disappointed at the lack of pictures depicting her tips in her book in areas such as flower arranging, plating and staging of food etc. I think she sets beautiful tablescapes and gorgeous floral arranagements, but the photos in the book were what I would consider to be glamour shots of Lisa looking beautiful (of course :)), She was the focal point vs helping me garner ideas on how to create table settings or entertain in the Vanderpump style. Some pictures are included of her recipes. I would recommend this book to any Lisa fan, but I am not sure how helpful the book would be to someone not familar with Lisa and her featured style on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills if one is solely looking for an informative book on entertaining. However, her life stories and advice are charming.
on December 18, 2012
If there were more stars, I'd rate it even higher! This book will be in my collection for the rest of my life! I've already purchased additional as gifts. Lisa Vanderpump has such a great wit about her. It's very much an enjoyable read. The recipes are wonderful and not complicated. After reading this book, I feel that I am fully capable of hosting one of the most elegant parties possible! At the end of this book she invites you to Villa Blanca, and I must say, Lisa, I'm going to take you up on that!! I hope there will be more from her to come. I think I'll read ANYTHING she puts out. BUY IT! You won't regret it.
on January 29, 2015
A very beautiful book, written by a woman who has achieved enough success, that she has done the one thing we all would like to do in our lifetime, she has created a life, a home, a family, and a persona of beauty, elegance, good taste, and great class. The only thing that would make this better is if "I could live there too....." It's the wow you expect it to be.
Can I come play?
on January 8, 2014
beautiful pictures, very useful tips, lots of information and answers to things i always wonder about when hosting a party. so glad to have a guide like this because lisa's very down to earth in her tips and pointers, especially for a person who lives in the 90210. her advice about how to find less expensive solutions to tablescapes and flower arrangements has left me with only one suggestion: write another book, lisa! thank you for making this accessible to people like me (middle class)!