Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 119 reviews
on March 31, 2013
I bought this ebook because I was struggling with the large amount of homework my 5 year old daughter has from school. I am not a homeschooler, but my daughter goes to a private non-christian school (it is another religion entirely) and we were fighting over her work to be done. I was not settled, we were not enjoying the experience. Since purchasing this book, our days of homework have been wonderful. It is not easy teaching a small child, but it gave me the ideas of being noble about the cause, if you like, treating the learning as such a great thing and for God, that I now see it differently.
Thank you for such a great book. I am not a Christian but I love the bible and reading your book with the examples and encouragement allowed me to focus on the point of the learning and the gentleness of mine that is needed (not my annoyance) when we tackle the work together now. Thanks Karen!
on August 10, 2012
Karen DeBeus's Simply Homeschool is a fabulously helpful and amazingly encouraging book. I found it to be not only easy to read, but easy to digest. So many books about simplifying or organizing your homeschool can be overwhelming or make you think "I could never do that!". Karen's tips are easy, simple, and anyone can make them work. I also like Karen's book because it helps to keep our MINDS focused on priority and not get caught up in all the "other stuff" of homeschooling. I would recommend Karen's book to new and veteran homeschoolers alike. I've been homeschooling for five years and really had to stop and think about some of the things she talked about in her book. Am I focusing on what I need to focus on? Am I getting caught up in the clutter of the home and the clutter in my head? There's always something to learn!
on July 20, 2013
The book is a short overview of the author's motivations for and insights from homeschooling. I think it is most appropriate for those beginning to consider homeschooling as an option for their child. If you are looking for a lot of detail this is not your book. But if you need some encouragement this is excellent and has positive suggestions for a successful homeschooling experience.
on May 20, 2015
I'm a homeschooling mom who has endured a busy and hectic season - during which a cross country move, threatened to derail my plan for our smooth days. I was in need of a new way of doing things, or else I was about go out of my mind. I quickly realized that simplifying our days was the answer, and I tuned to this little gem of a book for some inspiration. It was a quick read full of insights, some I knew but just lacked the courage to put the, in place. I refer to it often - and recommend it for any one looking for advice and insight on how to have a more simplified homeschool day.
on September 12, 2013
Let's face it, weather you are a "pro" at homeschooling and have a couple of years under your belt, a beginner or you may be in the early stages of seeking out information to see if this is the right fit for you and your family it can be a little intimidating at times. I truly enjoyed how this book provided comfort for my concerns, encouragement to start this journey that I truly feel called to do so. Teaching your children is such a powerful thing, having the opportunity to put God first in our homeschool is so very important to me and knowing that I am able to set the foundation for our children's future is an incredible feeling.
on August 13, 2017
It wasn't anything that I hadn't heard before but it was all in one place as a quick reminder to keep priorities in order. It was short enough to read in a day to refresh and encourage me to keep on keeping on! And to not complicate things that can be simplified!
on July 31, 2014
This is a wonderful little book! It is a quick read but is full of deep truth and encouragement. It was just what I needed to prepare my heart and home for this school year. Thank you Karen , for boldly proclaiming that pleasing God is far more important than pleasing culture. One take away for me is to stop halfway through our school day to pray & refocus on the Lord. So many good tips and reminders. I will be recommending this to all of my home school friends.
on June 5, 2013
I have homeschooled my 6 children for 23 years now, so I do have some experience in this area. The last 2 will graduate in the next 2 years. This book is excellent! It's loaded with really practical advice. Everything from keeping little ones busy during school time to meal planning to curriculum choices. I don't totally agree with some of the religious ideas mentioned in the book. Any mom who is fairly new to this lifestyle or who is simply contemplating homeschooling her children should read this book.
on March 11, 2015
As a "retired" homeschool mom who just might be starting all over again, I was looking for books that would help me get back in the homeschooling mode, but with a "Simplify... Simplify...Simplify" attitude. Karen really boils down what is essential to homeschooling in her book. The bells and whistles of homeschooling are fun, but not necessary, and we will enjoy homeschooling more when we're not trying to "do it all." I would definitely recommend "Simply Homeschool" to any new or burnt out homeschooler!
on July 9, 2014
As a newbie jumping into the homeschooling arena, I have found myself overwhelmed, worried about providing all the "right" stuff for my girls, pressured by friends to use their curriculum, and losing sight of what is truly important- His Glory. This book is a quick, informative, heart-straightening read that has reminded me why we are keeping or girls home- so THEY live for His glory, become His disciples, and go forward making disciples.