$8.37 ($59.79 / Ounce)
FREE delivery: Tuesday, Dec 6 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon.
Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
($56.79 / Ounce)
($50.79 / Ounce)
Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
Unlock 15% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Simply Organic Bay Leaf, Certified Organic | 0.14 oz
|Price:||$7.95 ($56.79 / Ounce) $7.11 ($50.79 / Ounce)|
Enhance your purchase
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BAY LEAF - There's nothing in this bottle but pure, organic, Premium Hand Select Grade true bay laurel leaves (Laurus nobilis). No GMOs. No ETO (considered carcinogenic by the EPA). Not irradiated. Certified Organic by QAI. Kosher Certified by KSA. Sweet, earthy aroma. Savory, balsamic, good-bitter flavor. This is the true bay experience. You may not know it when you taste it, but you know when it's missing. That stew or seafood dish just seem to need something? This is it.
- FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC - Our bay leaves are Premium Hand Select Grade. This means that after mechanical sorting, two rounds of hand selection are done to ensure that these leaves are the best of the best. Only about 1% of all bay leaves meet the criteria for this grade. The leaves are then dried and shipped in time to be packaged for the current holiday season â€” providing the fresh, robust flavor of recently harvested bay.
- ORGANIC FROM TURKEY - Relationships matter. People matter. In Turkey, laurel leaf collection is traditionally a side-source of income for families. But younger people are leaving the area for more lucrative city jobs. We and our sustainable sourcing partner Kutas are working with a collector cooperative that is adding value for its members by drying and processing bay leaves themselves.
- PURE AND POTENT FLAVOR - Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you're getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
- ABOUT US - Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
|External Testing Certification||USDA_organic|
|Global Trade Identification Number||00089836187642|
|Item Weight||0.140 ounces|
|Number of Items||1|
|Size||0.14 Ounce (Pack of 1)|
Specification for this product family
Special offers and product promotions
- Buy at least 4 items of your choice and save 5%. Offered by Amazon.com Shop items
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 5.51 x 3.94 x 2.76 inches; 0.14 Ounces
- Item model number : 18764
- Date First Available : May 7, 2005
- Manufacturer : Frontier Co-Op (AmazonFresh)
- ASIN : B0012BS9F4
- Country of Origin : USA
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,839 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #7 in Bay Leaf
- Customer Reviews:
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
Product Certification (1)
USDA Organic products must be produced using farming practices that maintain and improve soil and water quality, minimize the use of synthetic materials, conserve biodiversity, and avoid genetic engineering, among other factors. Crops can be certified organic if they’re grown without prohibited substances such as most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides for three years prior to harvest. Products that contain a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients and use the USDA Organic seal are part of Climate Pledge Friendly.
Let’s get real about bay leaves. Laurus nobilis is the only botanical the FDA recognizes as bay and approves for consumption as a spice. An inferior herb — Umbellularia californica, also known as “California bay” — is sometimes sold as bay. It’s longer, darker leaves make it seem more appealing than true bay, but “California bay” has a harsher, more camphor-like flavor. And, one of its key constituents, umbellulone, can induce headaches. That’s just not cool. We authenticate every shipment of our bay to make sure you’re getting real Laurus nobilis, the only bay suitable for culinary use.
Don’t stop at soup and seafood. Infuse its earthy, grounding flavor into your beans, grain dishes, and pasta sauce. Or even a simple pot of rice.
- 0.14 oz glass bottle
- Hand-select high quality whole dried bay leaf; non-irradiated
- USDA organic certified and kosher certified
- Botanical name: Laurus nobilis
This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Organic Bay Leaf.
Follow usage directions on label.
From the manufacturer
Roasted Cauliflower Lentil Tacos
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower and olive oil. Toss until evenly coated. Season with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon chili powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Toss until evenly coated.
3. On baking sheet, evenly arrange cauliflower. Roast for 15 minutes, flip cauliflower, then roast for 15 more minutes. Remove from oven.
4. In a medium-sized saucepan, combine lentils and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil for 1 to 2 minutes, then drain.
5. Add onion, remaining 1 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, bay leaf and remaining 2 cups water. Stir until well combined.
6. Over medium-low heat, simmer for 20 minutes, until water absorbs.
- 1 Simply Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic Cumin, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Chili Powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 3/4 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1/2 white onion, peeled and diced
The pure, delicious flavor of our spices and seasonings bring the goodness of organics to everyday meals.
Extracts & Flavorings
From holiday classics to staples like Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract - Simply Organic baking essentials help you create exceptional treats for every occasion. Always thoughtfully sourced and certified organic for pure, potent goodness that was meant to be shared.
Simply Organic Seasoning Mixes make it easy to whip up fast, nourishing dishes that really bring the flavor - and really hit the spot. Made with the perfect blend of pure, organic spices, each packet helps you strike the right balance of flavors every time.
Looking for fresh dinner ideas? Get inspired by these delicious new cooking and baking ingredients from Simply Organic.
Reviewed in the United States on February 21, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Similar to non-organic food, many spices are treated with chemicals (pesticides and herbicides), contain GMOs and are irradiated. Most of us aren’t super familiar with the process of irradiation. Radiation is used to kill bacteria and other contaminants, leaving the finished product with decreased levels of vitamins and natural enzymes. Irradiation also changes the chemical composition of a spice, potentially creating toxic, carcinogenic by-products in the food. Furthermore irradation increasing our exposure to free radicals. Yikes!
Nearly all spices sold in the United State are fumigated (sterilized) with chemicals that are banned in Europe. Hazardous stuff! Thankfully, was have an affordable alternative in the Simply Organic line. I'm not an endorsed reviewer, but I really like their spices. Neither do I mean to sound "preachy," but, we really do need to be aware of what we're putting inside our bodies. Continuing on...
There are approximately 25 or so whole leaves in the jar. A few are broken, but that should be expected. They are potent and perfect for your stews, soups, and gravies. We are vegetarians and rely heavily on the bay leaf to add a nice bitter/sweet taste to our bean dishes.
The tall glass jar (Yes, glass! It can easily be reused, repurposed, or recycled nicely.) comes with a plastic shaker cap, and a metal screw-on lid. It’s important to check the expiration date on our spices to prevent staleness or lack of potency. The bottom of Simply Organic bottles have a "best by" date to assure that you’re not getting sold old stock.
Remember to store all of your spices in a cool, dark location.