Consider these available items
Simply Organic Ground Mustard Seed, Certified Organic | 3.07 oz | Sinapis alba L.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Serving Description||12 grams ( )|
About this item
- YELLOW MUSTARD SEED POWDER - Simply Organic Ground Yellow Mustard Seed (Sinapis alba L.) is an instantly recognizable spice. Packing robust, pungent, warm yellow mustard bite (think bottled mustard without the vinegar).
- A VERSATILE INGREDIENT - In ground form, yellow mustard seeds add a zip of flavor to condiments, pickling, and other savory dishes. It is one of the most important spices in global cuisine and it's a great condiment for adding flavor to almost any dish. The seeds can be added during the cooking process of many prepared foods to provide a tangy and rich taste.
- FLAVORFUL AND AROMATIC - Simply Organic Ground Yellow Mustard Seed provides a spicy, pungent flavor that is milder than brown mustard, yet still delivers a rich and tangy taste. It has a sharp, mild, and slightly sweet flavor with an unmistakable aroma, perfect for many condiments and dishes. Its bright color comes from the addition of turmeric spice, which is used to make the so-called "American Mustard" that became popular in 1904.
- PURE AND POTENT FLAVOR - Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
- ABOUT US - Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
More items to explore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Simply Organic Mustard Seed Ground Certified Organic, 3.07-Ounce Container.
Product detailsSize:3.07 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 1.57 x 1.57 x 4.53 inches; 3.04 Ounces
- Item model number : 89836186072
- Department : Men, women, unisex-adult
- UPC : 778554875923 089836186072
- Manufacturer : Frontier Co-op
- ASIN : B000WS1KOA
Best Sellers Rank:
#90,005 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #70 in Mustard Seeds & Powder
- Customer Reviews:
All information is provided on a per serving basis for the unprepared product. Frontier handles milk and egg products and does not test finished goods for the presence of allergens unless otherwise specified as "certified". 11/11/2011
Use mustard in any dish where you want to add heat. It's helpful to know that mustard doesn't become really hot until a non-acid liquid (preferably cold) is added to the seed. (Water will release the heat, but vinegar won't, for example.) The best way to fully release the flavor, then, is to mix the seed with warm water for about ten minutes before adding it to a recipe. To stop the development of the flavor, on the other hand, you can add an acidic liquid, like lemon juice, ...
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I use this ground mustard seed as an emulsifier for homemade mayo and balsamic dressing. Just a tip when using any spices to avoid mold growth -- be careful when adding directly from the bottle to a hot, steaming dish such as something you're cooking on the stove. The steam will rise up into the container and will probably make it moldy and/or clump. Just put the desired amount in something else like a teaspoon and then add to whatever dish you're making.
More to consider from our brands
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.