Simply Organic Whole Poppy Seed, Certified Organic | 3.81 oz | Papaver somniferum L.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Ingredients||Organic Poppy Seed.|
|Package Weight||0.27 Kilograms|
About this item
- POPPY SEEDS - Enjoy the nutty flavor and tiny crunch of these blue-black seeds on breads, pretzels and muffins as well as salads and noodles. Fold them into cake batters, or grind them to stir into sauces.
- ADAPTABLE INGREDIENT - Poppy seeds are useful for various purposes, especially baking. While they can be used with your savory baked goods, poppy seeds go well with salads, dressings, and even noodles. You can also grind or crush them to more fully unleash their flavor.
- ORGANIC FROM TURKEY - Sourced from Turkey and sorted for uniform shape and color, so that only premium-quality poppy seeds go into our bottles.
- PURE AND POTENT FLAVOR - Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
- ABOUT US - Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Simply Organic Poppy Seed Whole Certified Organic, 3.81-Ounce Container
Product detailsNumber of Items:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 6.7 x 5.2 x 4.6 inches; 3.84 Ounces
- Item model number : ZQB-19181
- UPC : 089836186096
- Manufacturer : Frontier Co-op
- ASIN : B000WR2OF0
Best Sellers Rank:
#125,630 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #19 in Poppy Seed
- Customer Reviews:
All information is provided on a per serving basis for the unprepared product. Frontier handles milk and egg products and does not test finished goods for the presence of allergens unless otherwise specified as "certified". 11/11/2011
Organic Poppy Seed.
Enjoy the nutty flavor and tiny crunch of these blue-black seeds on breads, pretzels and muffins as well as salads and noodles. Fold them into cake batters, or grind them to stir into sauces. They're often enjoyed in Turkish and Jewish cooking and in European croissants, stuffings, and confectionaries. In Austria, poppy seeds are found on strudels and in Japan they're added to spice mixtures. Northern Indian cooks sometimes grind the seed and use it to thicken sauces. Storage: These seeds lik
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unfortunately, now that they can get around better outside the confines of the bottle the poppy seeds seem to have organized, sticking gleefully and with gay abandon inside the narrow neck of the glass salad dressing jar in which I store the remainder of a batch of homemade dressing. That's not the fault of the product, so I went searching and found the versatile Luigi Bormioli Lock Eat Canning, Preserving & Serving Juice Jar, 8.5 oz, Set of 6 here, and sold individually at the manufacturer's website, that solved that problem.
Since they're so eager to prove their mettle I'm also using them in smoothies and will next be using them on veggies since I routinely use nutmeg on such as broccoli. Hmmm. I see there are poppy seed ice cream recipes also,,,
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.