Other Sellers on Amazon
Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon, Certified Organic, Vegan | 2.08 Ounce | Cinnamomum verum J. Presl
Enhance your purchase
|Package Weight||0.29 Kilograms|
About this item
- ORGANIC CEYLON CINNAMON - Nothing but pure, organic, ground Ceylon cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum). No GMOs. No ETO (considered carcinogenic by the EPA). Non-irradiated. Certified Organic by QAI. Kosher Certified by KSA. So good, it was voted "BEST" Ceylon Cinnamon by Epicurious in 2018.
- DELICIOUS AND VERSATILE - You want "true cinnamon"? This is it. You’ll know Ceylon by its complex yet nuanced flavor. Ours is spicy in the true sense — but, with its 1% to 1.6% oil content, the flavor is mild and delicate. Comfortingly warm, not hot. Fruity, almost apple-cinnamony, floral and nectar-like, but only lightly sweet. It’s that complex. Its aroma is equally distinctive, with hints of floral and citrus complementing the warm-spicy notes.
- PURE AND POTENT FLAVOR - Simply Organic believes in pure and potent flavor grown at the source. Our rigorous standards mean that we know precisely what you’re getting, and from where. All of our products are grown and processed without the use of toxic pesticides, irradiation, or GMOs.
- SOURCED FROM SRI LANKA - Simply Organic ceylon cinnamon is sourced from a long standing co-op partner in Sri Lanka, where we help select and develop the product. Close relationships with suppliers allow us to actively engage in sourcing and ensuring that production is environmentally friendly and yields high-quality ceylon cinnamon.
- ABOUT US - Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring real bite to everything you make, eat and share. Our goal, through our Simply Organic Giving Fund, is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible, but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Climate Pledge Friendly
Climate Pledge Friendly uses sustainability certifications to highlight products that support our commitment to help preserve the natural world. Time is fleeting. Learn more
PRODUCT CERTIFICATION (1)
USDA Organic products must be produced using farming practices that maintain and improve soil and water quality, minimize the use of synthetic materials, conserve biodiversity, and avoid genetic engineering, among other factors. Crops can be certified organic if they’re grown without prohibited substances such as most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides for three years prior to harvest. Products that contain a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients and use the USDA Organic seal are part of Climate Pledge Friendly.
KEY FEATURES: Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon is potent, “true” cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum). It has a more complex, and yet more delicate, flavor profile than the more common cassia cinnamon. Its fruity and slightly sweet taste and warm, spicy aroma won us "BEST" Ceylon Cinnamon by Epicurious in 2018. Our Ceylon Cinnamon’s mild flavor is especially suited for finer desserts with subtle flavors that will allow this cinnamon to shine, such as a chai spiced crème brulée. It’s also ideal as a finishing spice, so add it to French toast and sprinkle it on your hot cocoa. Ceylon is the type of cinnamon traditionally used in Mexican cooking, where it's found in such diverse fare as chorizo sausage, rice pudding and beverages. This Ceylon cinnamon powder’s texture and flavor also make it a great spice to include in apple compote, ice cream, pancakes and crepes. This product is packaged in a clear glass jar, so you can see what you’re getting. Bottle and metal cap are fully recyclable — and reusable. SMALL FARMER PARTNERSHIPS: Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon is sourced from a long standing co-op partner in Sri Lanka, where we help select and develop the product. Close relationships with suppliers allow us to actively engage in sourcing for both our Ceylon and Vietnamese Cinnamons. (Ceylon and Vietnamese cinnamon are different botanicals with very different flavor profiles — so check out both of them!)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 1.5 x 1.5 x 4 inches; 2.08 Ounces
- Item model number : 19515
- UPC : 089836195159
- Manufacturer : Frontier Co-Op (AmazonFresh)
- ASIN : B00ZK8YIXW
- Country of Origin : Sri Lanka
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #419 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #1 in Cinnamon
- Customer Reviews:
Consult a healthcare professional before use. This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
Cooking Spice, Organic Cinnamon
Use to flavor cookies, cakes, stewed fruits, puddings, and breads — as well as curries, sauces, and vegetable dishes.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
What's the big deal? Well, I'm glad you asked me - I am, after all, a cinnamon expert. Cassia cinnamon is from some random bark from some dirty tree in China. It can actually cause liver failure and a whole host of other non-desirable issues when ingested daily. Don't take my word for it - Google it. I have no chips in the game, I don't grow cinnamon trees. I was not paid to review this. I'm a random dad that does not want my family to be sick because of freaking cinnamon.
This tasted awesome, it is cheaper here than in a health food store, and arrives fast - What more can you want? If you want to experience REAL CINNAMON - but this - it really is a completely different product!!!
By busymomok on January 11, 2020
By Summer on April 23, 2019
Top reviews from other countries
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.