Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 15, 2014
Now fully out of their early-noughties rut the Simpsons is back on the up, up, up in this hilarious 16th season. The writing, satire, and general madness is sharp, the characters are all lovable (apart from Grandpa, who is thankfully downplayed in this season), and the guest stars are as varied as ever with Jason Bateman, Liam Neeson, and Stephen Hawking (now becoming a semi-regular) getting in on the action.

A couple of episodes can't find their way and don't know which plot thread to follow but it's my only complaint. The Blu-ray features 3 bonus episodes, in HD, featuring flash-forward stories set in the "future". The picture looks great in 1.33:1 1080p (one of the bonus episodes is in 1.78:1) with DTS HD-MA sound and a few other extras. I'd like for Groundskeeper Willie to be the focus of the next box set.
on July 24, 2017
I love the fact that the seasons of The Simpsons will return to DVD! It's great that the people who've worked on the show for years have been pinning for this for a while, hopefully adding more DVD features, extras, and commentary that can beat digital download service, despite probably being the dominant medium in the entertainment market.

What I'm hoping for is the box set to not be in sleeves, as they have made minor scratches and more, which frustrates me. I guess that's the great thing about going digital, but you don't own a physical copy per se. Still, great to see it coming back.

As for Season 16, I recall still liking it in my teen years, as despite what I read on the forums and Slashdot when it was big, I still liked the humor and cultural references. Animation went digital and I questioned the creators, but in the era of Pixar at the time, it needed to move on to an enhanced way of animation.
on May 22, 2016
Product came quickly and satisfied my sudden urge for more simpsons in my life. Wont comment on season quality as far as content but this showed up without any defects and is a good start to replacing all my stolen seasons from a house robbery last christmas time
on November 29, 2016
loev the show, hate that they discontinued the disks...no idea why, there is definitely a market. Not everyone has wifi or screaming fast internet...believe it or not!
on September 5, 2017
I love The Simpsons! Been a fan since the 90's. Growing my collection! If you're a Simpsons fan, make sure you pick up these seasons and tell Fox to release Seasons 18, 19, and ever season after 20!!
on December 10, 2014
I absolutely love the Simpsons which is why the later seasons disappoint me so much. What happened to the writing? Everybody take the year off? For my money after about season 10 things begin to become dicey vis the writing. I guess you pays your money and takes your chances. On the other hand, like collecting National Geographic Magazines, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing you missed an issue...
on October 31, 2016
great TV show. not worth buying now a days since you are now able to watch this TV show from the simpsons web site which was released a while after i made this purchase.
on April 10, 2018
Purchased as a gift!
on March 3, 2015
As always, if you are a Simpsons fan, you should get this blu-ray with all the commentary track and additional material. I saw some of the episodes of this season for first time because, when they aired, I wasn't able to watch it. That makes me feel even happier. A great investment for The Simpsons collection.
on March 16, 2018