Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Manufacturer
The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless creative possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief. Create millions of unique Sims and control their lives. Customize their appearances and personalities. Build their homes - design everything from exquisitely furnished dream homes to quaint cottages. Then, send your Sims out to explore their ever-changing neighborhood and to meet other Sims in the town center. With all-new quick challenges and rewarding game play, The Sims 3 gives you the freedom to choose whether (or not) to fulfill your Sims' destinies and make their wishes come true.
- New Seamless, Living Neighborhood
- Explore the ever-changing neighborhood—and take your Sims to meet friends in the park, go on a date at the bistro, visit neighbors’ homes, converse with less-than-savory characters in the graveyard and more. Who knows what might happen?
- Admire the natural beauty of the beach, the mountains, and more.
- New Create a Sim Functionality
- Create any Sim you can imagine with easy-to-use design tools that allow for unlimited customization of facial features, hair color, eye color, and more.
- Fine tune your Sims’ body shape from thin to curvy to muscular.
- New Personality Traits
- Create over a million different personalities with traits such as evil, insane, kleptomaniac, romantic, and more.
- Influence the behaviors of your Sims with the traits you’ve chosen. Will you create a neurotic romantic with a heart of gold, or a geeky super-genius with an evil streak?
- New Unlimited Customization
- Everyone can customize everything—design and build your dream house and decorate it to fit your Sims’ personalities.
- Customize everything from floors to décor, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades.
- New Gameplay That’s Rewarding and Quick
- Face short and long-term challenges and reap the rewards.
- Your Sims can pursue random opportunities to get fast cash, get ahead, get even, and more.
- Choose whether, or not, to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true. Will your Sims be thieves, rock stars, world leaders? The choice is yours.
- Get Connected and Share Your Creations with The Sims 3 Online Community
- Get free bonus content—download Sims, outfits, furnishings, houses and more.
- Create and Share Sims, houses, movies and more with anyone.
- Join The Sims 3 community to share ideas with fans of The Sims from around the world.
|OS:||Windows 7, Windows Vista (SP1)/Windows XP (SP2)|
|Processor:||For XP 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; For Windows Vista and Windows 7 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent|
|RAM:||For XP: 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista and Windows 7: 1.5 GB RAM |
* For NVIDIA ION™ computers, the game requires at least 2 GB RAM.
|Hard Drive:||8 GB or more|
|Video Card:||128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0. Nvidia GeForce 6 series or better, and all NVidia G, GT, GTS, and GTX video cards. ATI Radeon™ series card 9500 series or better, and all ATI X, X1, and HD video cards; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA): GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series |
Please note that the GeForce 6100 and 7100 cards are not supported.
|Other:||Requires installation of Origin for gameplay. Laptop versions of chipsets above may work, but may run comparatively slower.|
Internet connection, online authentication and acceptance of end user license agreement required to play The Sims 3 digital download product. Access to online services including Simpoints and downloads requires an internet connection, EA account and game registration with the provided serial code. Registration is limited to one EA account per serial code and is non-transferable. EA online terms & conditions can be found at www.ea.com. You must be 13+ to register for an EA account. Mac users must update to the latest version of the Sims 3 launcher to access online services, including [free] Simpoints and downloads. EA may provide certain incremental content and/or updates for no additional charge, if and when available. The Sims 3 digital download product uses SecuROM digital rights management technology provided by Sony DADC Austria AG. For more information about SecuROM, visit http:/faq.securom.com/.
EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com.
Top Customer Reviews
I'm happy to report that on my Intel dual core desktop w/ an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 Premium and having 3GB of memory, this game was downloaded and installed in less than 45 minutes over a high speed (18.5 Mbps download speed) connection. Once installed it asked me if I'd like to install the update to the game. That took another 15 minutes. And then... another 5 to have the update install. I wasn't sure if 65 minutes total from download to install finishing was good or bad, but frankly the fact it installed so easily was great in my book!
Once purchased on Amazon, I was sent an email giving me the keycode to the game (also offered up on screen after download). I easily copied and pasted it when asked to do it and things moved swiftly from there. The game will be in my Amazon "Your Game Library" in my account, should I need to reinstall it again.
The game loads slowly, but I'm sure that's a combination of the game and the PC. The fact that I paid under ten for it and it installed so easily, makes this a real deal for any fan of The Sims.
Gameplay is fun and responsive. The tweaks you can do to characters is a great selling point and of course the improvements over the previous versions of the game.
If you're into expansion packs: The Sims 3 Late Night - Expansion Pack [Download] and The Sims 3: World Adventures - Expansion Pack [Download] can be purchased for 3x's the purchase price of the game.
1. No more nanny. You can't have kids and go to work without calling a babysitter EVERY DAY. That's annoying (why can't we just hire someone to come regularly?)
2. Can't hire a gardener. I think that should be an option, even if it's expensive in Simoleons. So yep, you can't work and profit by having a garden tended by someone else. You've got to do the nitty gritty.
3. This one is for those who are virtual nurturers at heart. You can still snuggle and feed babies, but you can't bathe them. You can only change their diaper (and there's no changing table; you throw the babies in the air and they're clean, lol). I missed the cuteness of the "quality time". Additionally, Toddlers and Children cannot hug each other; Adults (Parents or relatives, hopefully) cannot snuggle with Children (Babies and Toddlers are ok). And no more "Family Kiss" or Children standing on the parents feet to walk "with" them.
4. When Sims get married, sometimes their guest "miss" the moment b/c their too busy trying to find a spot to stand. (Oh, Sims....). Also, no wedding arches in this base game.
5. This wasn't really found in previous Sims versions anyway, but for those who like "ethnic" hairstyles on their Sims, the selections are ridiculously small. Not everyone has straight or barely curled hair. I would hope Sims 4 did better; if not, there's always Sims 5.
I'll stop here
New things that I liked:
1. No more cleaning up of baby bottles. When it's done, it disappears!
2. You can stop newspaper deliveries. Again, one less thing to worry about.
3. Group-ups are good to have. There's a little pressure to make sure that everyone's enjoying themselves, but it's easier to keep people together when they go out.
4. The freedom to go about the neighborhood on foot and meet/visit neighbors, stores, parks, etc.
5. The ability to check on your Sims in various locations without having to go thru loading screens.
6. Setting and storing multiple outfits/hairstyles/make-up looks for your Sims.
7. Making money as an author. Your Sims can work from home; especially so with the Business expansion pack, I believe.
8. Children (not babies/toddlers) can stay home by themselves.
9. Things called "Opportunities" allow you to earn Simoleons and/or skills and sometimes increase in friendship with a Sim.
10. You can change Career ranks (when the opportunity presents itself in a window prompt) without starting from scratch.
11. Males are given the "Have a Baby" option when your active Sim is a male and the female isn't part of his household. In the past, only the females were given this option. So technically, if you have a "player", he can go around town and get all the females pregnant (not recommended, just saying).
12. Wider selection of Lifetime Goals. The "Wishes" are a nice addition and incentive, too.
I'll stop here.
It has its good and bad, but overall, I do enjoy playing. They have time to improve ;)
The download took as much time as I expected. It's over 5 Gb so if you have a low bandwidth then it might take you some time....but I didn't have any problems. I couple of hrs is what I expected...just make some lunch and get some other work done.
INSTALLATION ISSUE - after the download finishes, it prompts you to install. I clicked the Install button which directed me to the Sims3 launcher. I clicked the triangle "play/launch" button but I said I needed to insert a disc. Obviously, I became concerned because I had purchased a DOWNLOAD. Also - up until this point I was never prompted to enter my product key which was another red flag that something went wrong.
1) Go to Control Panel/Programs and "uninstall" Sims3 if it is there. If it isn't, then just skip this step
2) Find the Sims3 folder that you downloaded (my downloaded as the default name "The Sims 3") and find the file Sims3Setup and run it. It will ask you to select your language, type in your product key, and choose your country.
3) This worked for me and I was able to play! Good luck to those of you with similar problems
FYI - I am running Vista with all the proper performance requirements