Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "The Sims 3 - Nintendo Wii” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 61% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
- Show off your love of The Sims and stay relaxed while gaming with Fatboy's fun Sims 3 lounge bag. See more Fatboy lounge bags.
About the Product
- Enjoy an all new beach town setting with new residents, traits, careers, weather, and lifetime wishes exclusive for the Wii
- Create any Sim you can imagine and give them unique personalities, and appearances, making them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different
- The new building system allows for quick drop in prefabricated building shells that can be customized and allow for new architecture
- Unlock all-new Karma Powers, wielding the ultimate control over your Sims, giving them wealth, beauty, and love, or take it all away with the click of a button
- Multiplayer "Life Moments" game for up to four players where you can compete with and bet against other players on your Sims' most important life moments to earn points and garner rewards
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The Sims 3 for Wii is a new take on the wildly popular life simulation from Electronic Arts. Specifically designed for Nintendo's console, the game contains both a single player option featuring classic The Sims gameplay enabling players to create, customize and guide the lives of their Sims, but also contains a unique multiplayer option in which players compete and wager against each other in various stages of the development of a single Sim. Additional features include: a unique new building system, innovative career-based gameplay and the all-new Karma system.
A Complete Sims Experience with Exclusives
In The Sims 3 players create Sims with unique personalities, fulfill their desires, and control their lives within a living neighborhood set in a new beach town environment. Sim creation is essentially the same functionality as players on the PC platform, and using the Wii Remote they are also able to direct them to exactly where they want them to go in the gameworld. Players also enjoy a new building system that allows for the placement of prefabricated buildings that are easily customized and contain architecture previously unavailable. The game also allows for new residents, careers, weather and lifetime wishes, exclusive to the Wii version of the game.
Unlike earlier versions of The Sims, The Sims 3 for Wii contains a significant multiplayer option known as "Life Moments." Supporting up to 4 players and specifically designed for play on Wii, "Life Moments" allows players to compete against each other as together they develop a Sim from childhood through the various times of his/her life. Within this mode each player is assigned a stages of the Sim's life, with the goal being to gain the most happiness and success for the Sim. Along the way, there are many choices to be made, with players being able to place side wagers on which of these their opponents will make. Players can also make deals amongst themselves. The mode also features mini-game puzzles in which players go head-to-head, with the happiness of their particular segment of the Sim on the line.
New Karma Powers
The Sims 3 allows players can unlock all-new Karma Powers and unleash them on your Sims. These can be used to help your Sims get lucky with the power of "rapid romance", bless them with "instant beauty" or at the opposite end of things, curse them with the "instant enemy." Use these powers wisely, because they may have unexpected results. Either way, as you guide your Sims through life The Sims 3 allows you to complete opportunities to unlock items and rewards like never before.
Key Game Features
- Create Any Sim You Can Imagine - Fine-tune your Sims' appearances and personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different.
- Control your Sims' Destinies - Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims' destinies by making their wishes come true, or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be emperors of evil, world leaders, or expert thieves? It's up to you.
- New Building System - The new building system allows for quick drop in prefabricated building shells that can be customized and allow for new architecture.
- Unlock All-New Karma Powers - Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love, or take it all away with the click of a button.
- Play The Sims with Friends - Get some friends in on the action with the new "Life Moments" Game with up to four players. Bet on life's most important moments to earn points and garner rewards.
- New Content - Enjoy an all new beach town with new residents, traits, careers, weather, and lifetime wishes exclusive for the Wii.
Top Customer Reviews
For example, sometimes when I invite a sim over, the sim I want to interact with is INVISIBLE! Sometimes the house itself doesn't load properly or AT ALL. Worst of all, I can't even place houses on the lots because it says I'm over the "fire code" even though the houses are EMPTY and I cleaned out my moving storage, too! What's the point of this game if I can't even upgrade the stupid houses they force you to use? These are just a handful of examples, because I lost count after 1 day of trying to play it. The glitches and malfunctions and problems with gameplay were evident after only an hour or two of playing. EA released this game in order to make money during this holiday season, but the game was NOT READY. It doesn't even WORK! I idiotically threw out my receipt or I would return it TODAY. EA/Nintendo need to give customers a working game or refund our money, as they did with other glitchy games. How can they get away with selling a product that malfunctions to such an extent that it is utterly useless? What gall! All Sims 3 games for Wii should be recalled and pulled off the shelves until they can make a game that works!
I can not tell you how frustrated, shocked, and disappointed I am. Did they seriously think no one would notice that the game won't play anywhere near to an acceptable level on the Wii? Did the discussion go something like "Hmm, the Sims 3 is only 1/25th of the way through testing and development... maybe we should delay its release." "No, we need to get it on the shelves before Christmas 2010! Think of all the profits we'll miss out on if we don't! We'll just have to release it as is." "But, sir, the game doesn't work..." "It doesn't need to work, it just needs to SELL!"
So, BUYER BEWARE. They shoved this game out when it should be in development for AT LEAST another 9 months! What a rip-off!!! Unbelievable! And before you ask, yes, my wii is updated and should run this disc. I can't believe they have the nerve to charge people $50 for this! This is the worst, most disappointing gaming experience I've ever had, and I'm a survivor of the Metroid Prime 2 Main Research room glitch. Ugh!! Get it right for once Nintendo / EA Games!!!
1. The game is EXTREMELY glitchy.
2. The graphics look like back in the day Playstation I graphics.
3. The age progession should be able to be turned off, as I didn't get to accomplish what I needed or wanted to.
4. My sim was watching t.v. and couldn't get up from the sofa, and died of hunger.
5. No firemen to put out house fires. My stove caught on fire, and sim did too, and died. Why are fire alarms
6. People walk through people, cars jam up into each other.
7. There was a logjam of people at the entrance to the restaurant, and they ended up dying.
8. You find yourself "mourning" and don't know why until you figure out that there are various tombstone markers
around town from Sims that have died, that you have to put in your inventory and place them at the cemetery.
9. Once you choose an outfit/hair-- you cannot change them.
10. You cannot build homes.
11. Books- I have no idea how to read certain ones (i.e., cooking) once I've purchased them. Once they are
placed in the bookshelf, you cannot choose a particular book. You end up reading whatever is there.
Therefore, there were certain recipes that I couldn't make, 'cause I couldn't choose the particular book.
12. I purchased trees for my home, and placed them around the house, and the trees end up showing through the
inside of the house.
I am so sorry I purchased this game. Castaways for Wii was 10X better! EA should be ashamed of themselves for putting out such a substandard product! I will never purchase a Sim Wii game again!!
This is so sad for everyone who was looking forward to this game. Until EA recalls/fixes this game, you should avoid at all costs.