FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
About the Product
- New Seamless, Open NeighborhoodExplore the neighborhood freely.
- New Create A Sim Create any Sim you can imagine.
- New Realistic PersonalitiesEvery Sim is a unique person, with a distinct personality.
- New Unlimited CustomizationEveryone can customize everything!
- The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- New Seamless, Living Neighborhood
- Explore the ever-changing neighborhood—and take your Sims to meet friends in the park, go on a date at the bistro, visit neighbors’ homes, converse with less-than-savory characters in the graveyard and more. Who knows what might happen?
- Admire the natural beauty of the beach, the mountains, and more.
- New Create a Sim Functionality
- Create any Sim you can imagine with easy-to-use design tools that allow for unlimited customization of facial features, hair color, eye color, and more.
- Fine tune your Sims’ body shape from thin to curvy to muscular.
- New Personality Traits
- Create over a million different personalities with traits such as evil, insane, kleptomaniac, romantic, and more.
- Influence the behaviors of your Sims with the traits you’ve chosen. Will you create a neurotic romantic with a heart of gold, or a geeky super-genius with an evil streak?
- New Unlimited Customization
- Everyone can customize everything—design and build your dream house and decorate it to fit your Sims’ personalities.
- Customize everything from floors to décor, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades.
- New Gameplay That’s Rewarding and Quick
- Face short and long-term challenges and reap the rewards.
- Your Sims can pursue random opportunities to get fast cash, get ahead, get even, and more.
- Choose whether, or not, to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true. Will your Sims be thieves, rock stars, world leaders? The choice is yours.
- Get Connected and Share Your Creations with The Sims 3 Online Community
- Get free bonus content—download Sims, outfits, furnishings, houses and more.
- Create and Share Sims, houses, movies and more with anyone.
- Join The Sims 3 community to share ideas with fans of The Sims from around the world.
|OS:||Windows Vista (SP1)/Windows XP (SP2)||Mac OS X 10.5.7 Leopard or higher|
|Processor:||Vista - 2.4 GHz P4 or equivalent/XP - 2.0 GHz P4 or equivalent||Intel Core Duo Processor|
|RAM:||Vista - 1.5 GB/XP - 1GB||2GB|
|Disc Drive:||8x DVD ROM or faster||8x DVD ROM or faster|
|Hard Drive:||Vista & XP - 8 GB or more||At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space, with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.|
|Video Card:||128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0. Supported video cards include: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900, FX 5950, 6200, 6500, 6600, 6800, 7200, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, 7950, 8400, 8500, 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, GTX 260, GTX 280 (GeForce FX unsupported under Vista); ATI Radeon 9500, 9600, 9800, X300, X600, X700, X800, X850, X1300, X1600, X1800, X1900, X1950, 2400, 2600, 2900, 3450, 3650, 3850, 3870, 4850, 4870; Intel Extreme Graphics GMA X3x00 series.||ATI X1600 or Nvidia 7300 GT with 128 MB of Video RAM, or Intel Integrated GMA X3100.|
|Other:||Laptop versions of chipsets above may work, but may run comparatively slower.||* This game will not run on PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) based Mac systems, or the GMA 950 class of integrated video cards.|
Top Customer Reviews
Note: This review is for the base game only, and does not include any of the expansion packs.
Create-A-Sim Players: 4/5
If you have an juiced up computer, the graphics are amazing. The customization you can give a sim is also very rewarding; you can now color customize the different parts of a sim's outfit with virtually any color, and the pattern system they've created only increases the amount of customization you can give a sim's clothing. A sim's hair coloration is now broken up into four parts, all of which can be set to any color you wish. The only disadvantage I found is that there doesn't seem to be as many ways to customize the face as there had been in Sims 2; there are some new, different ways though.
House Building Players: 5/5
Because of the new pattern system in the game, building houses now has a new level of customization, making it easier to customize a house's color and texture to your liking. Another nice thing is that furniture can now be placed at angles, so you no longer have to worry about awkward placement of objects near angled walls. Just keep in mind that since this is the first game, with no expansions made yet, there is a limited amount of furniture you can use. Also, if you're only interested in building houses, its not as easy as simply clicking on the lot you wish to build, once the game starts; you actually need to be playing your saved household and then exit your household for "Edit Town," where you can then select a lot to build on.Read more ›
The Sims 3 is a "Sims Type Game". It's like the previous Sim games but not quite. Sims 2 was about creating your own storyline. Sims 3 is about rolling with the punches. The game will change things in the neighborhood at random. People will die, move out, have children...the neighborhood is constantly changing. Like someone else said, the game is rather like an RPG. If you liked having complete control like in Sims 2 then you may not like this game.
Also, if you did not know. With Story Progression mode on Sims will leave town. Meaning they will disappear. Not only townies, your custom made Sims can be randomly deleted. It is not a glitch. It is an actual feature of the game. It's difficult to understand why EA thought having Sims randomly deleted was a good idea, but it's there.
There is an option to turn off Story Progression which is supposed to stop life changing events. Unfortunately this button does not work. Story Progression being such an important part of Sims 3, you have to wonder how this got by EA quality control. To me this is unexcusable. Fans have every right to be angry about this. Even before the game released this was a widely known problem. Everybody expects bugs, but for an important feature of the game to outright not work is ridiculous.
Next, the controls. Sims 3 controls: Clumsy. In Sims 2 the controls are simple, friendly, and easy to use. Sims 3 controls are strangely clunky and makes you jump through alot of hoops for something as simple as switching families. Get ready to learn the new and sometimes confusing interface.
Onto the Sims looks.Read more ›
I can't say that The Sims 3 has "disappointed" me because the more I heard about the new game over its development period the more I thought to myself "why are they including this feature or dropping that feature? It sounds like they are tampering with the heart of the things I enjoy about The Sims". But I bought the game anyway in good faith. Needless to say I am now back to playing The Sims 2. The Sims 3 has no interest for me at all in comparison. Despite all the "improvements" - and I admit there are some surface ones - the heart and soul of what The Sims means to me is absent from this game.
Unlike other reviewers here, my negative review of this game is not due to any technical difficulties. Perhaps I haven't played long enough to experience any, and at any rate - every hard-core Sims fan has learned to live with the bugs shipped with the game and love it anyway. The modding community has always done a sterling job of cleaning up our games and making them more playable and enjoyable. So my negative rating is not due to bugs or crashes - it is purely based on my perception of the game's enjoyment factor, especially when compared to The Sims 2.
To be fair, I will sum up what to me are improvements to the game compared to The Sims 2:
- the "open neighbourhood" - the ability to go from one place to the other without a loading screen is a fine idea and works well in principal. But I found that it really didn't impact my playing habits as much as you might think at first.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It didn't even work. The company was very nice about compensating me for the defective product. But sadly, the cd did not work and I was very disappointed.Published 1 day ago by Shalyn
I'm so disappointed in this game. I'm a long time player of The Sims 2 and I decided it was finally time to upgrade. Read morePublished 14 days ago by S. Huggins
I love the game when it's working properly, but there are several bugs in the game play and especially during saving and loading, which is what's caused most of my frustration with... Read morePublished 28 days ago by Mike Rad
I first started I'll put the Sims three on computer before that I play Sims free play.it is a big change but going from the Sims free play to the Sims three is amazing change... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
i received the sims 3 starter pack instead of just the sims3 game :(Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This is a quote from my daughter who plays it " I think that because I think that the customizing for athletic wear should have more clothes. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Michelle M
I received the sims 3 starter pack instead of just the sims 3. Spent way more than I needed to.Published 1 month ago by Allison Grace