& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Your Sims can live the dream as Singers, Performers, Magicians, and DJs. Watch them rise to fame - or go down in flames as they perform for other Sims.
- All-new social features: chat with friends, post to their walls, give status updates, and create friends lists.
- Send your Sims to a friend's game and have your friend's Sim come to your game!
- Create your own venue! Build a swanky concert hall, a massive stadium, or an indie club. How the stage is built will influence your Sims' performance and career progression.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Your Sims eat, sleep, live and love in the world you've created for them in The Sims 3. It's a great place to live, and they've got ordinary lives, just like the real world. But you don't want your Sims to be just ordinary. It's time to spice things up a little. This Expansion Pack lets you give your Sims the chance to chase down — and catch — their dreams of riches and fame. Enter a whole new world where your Sims can groom their hidden talents to become all-star singers, acrobats, magicians and DJs. Will they rise to fame and enjoy a lasting career? Will your Sims get rich quick and fizzle out? Or, will they crash and burn before they even get a chance to strike gold? There's only one way to find out.
Your Sims were born to be stars - let them live out the rags-to-riches story with The Sims 3: Showtime Expansion Pack, where they'll get the chance to perform as singers, magicians, acrobats or DJs for other Sims. Nourish your Sims' talents in the all-new world of Starlight Shores, where they'll find new venues and objects that can help get them ready for Showtime. Make brand-new Sims with new tools using traits and Lifetime Wishes. Once your Sim is ready for the spotlight, build customized stages for just the right look - then sit back and see how the crowd likes the show as your Sim performs in sold-out arenas - construction will dictate how well your Sim performs and how his or her career progresses. Receive access to an exclusive bonus venue and stage with this Limited Edition. With the innovative SimPort feature, you can send your talent-groomed Sim to a friend's game to perform gigs in his or her town, go on tour and even get reviewed. Search for new friends, stay connected, post stories of your Sims' successes, share strategies and techniques and more with the in-game news feeds and live updates. Your Sims have the desire and the talent. Will it be enough to earn them a spot among the stars? Sit back and relax - it's Showtime.
- Watch your Sims rise to stardom, revel in the limelight or crash and burn as they perform as singers, acrobats, magicians or DJs for other Sims (requires The Sims 3 to play, not included)
- Explore a brand-new world, Starlight Shores, where you'll find new venues and new objects to sharpen your Sims' talents
- Create new Sims using more tools with new traits and Lifetime Wishes
- Construct your own custom stages, from a swanky concert hall to a massive stadium or an indie club to create the perfect show, and then watch your Sims perform in front of packed crowds in sold-out arenas
- Send your all-star Sim to a friend's game to perform in his or her world, book gig's in your friend's town, go on tour and even get reviewed using the all-new SimPort feature
- Tap into the in-game news feeds and live updates to search for and make new friends, stay connected, spread stories of your Sims' successes, share gameplay techniques, create wish lists and more
- Complete special challenges and accomplish certain goals to earn rewards, and track and share them via in-game social wall posts
Top Customer Reviews
The new town is nice. I like it. The new premade houses are nice and actually kind of spacious instead of being awkwardly shaped or sized. Some of the job locations are now melded into one big building - for instance, say, science and medicine in the same building, not a separate hospital and science institute (that's just an out-of-nowhere example, not factual from the game). It's a little different, but still okay. One thing this town is surely NOT lacking is entertainment venues. Which is, you know, the whole point. I'd give the new town 4/5 stars.
There are some okay new hairstyles and clothing options too. Not the best, but by far not some of the worst I've seen. As far as new traits go, I've only seen three: diva, born performer, and social butterfly. I immediately tried out the diva and social butterfly traits - and boy, is social butterfly annoying! If they aren't constantly talking to people, they get a negative moodlet. My sim will wake up and have an automatic negative moodlet just from not talking to people in her sleep. That's a little ridiculous. Diva, I'm enjoying a little more, mainly because of other sims' reactions to my sim's divalicious interactions, haha. Altogether, the new create-a-sim stuff, I'd give 3/5 stars.
The new careers seem interesting, and I was excited to try them out. My only problem is that they're professions - not careers.Read more ›
Please do better next time EA.
To wrap this up, this expansion pack was disappointing. There are tons of things I would love to sit here and complain about, but I won't. All you're really getting is 3 new careers, some unattractive hairs and clothes, and some objects. I really think EA needs to go back to their roots and make Sims expansions that are actually fun and worth the money. (Or better yet, bring Maxis back!) If not, they will be losing a lot of customers, including me!
Watching them do the tricks or juggling is fun...a couple times....but when that's all they do....it's a bore. In the normal Sims game, your Sims can form a band. You'd think the new singer career would fit right in, right? Wrong. A singer is an all alone profession. No duets (unless you get another Sim to sing karaoke with you)...no back up singers, no bands. Just your singer....out there on the stage.
If you singer Sim decides to switch careers to something else...then their singing days are over. Can't sing on any stage or even to their own kids. Other than the also boring karaoke...if you want them to sing....even as a hobby....you have to switch them back to that profession.
Expansion after expansion only adds a few new things to do...that are only fun for a short time. Your Sims basically have nothing else to do during their Sim day. The previous game of Sims 2 seemed to have much more creative people involved with it....this one tends to have people who do 'just enough' and no more. This expansion could have been much better...but they stopped short of producing a great game & instead...settled for just OK.
Disappointing and not worth the $40 price tag. If you can wait....try to hang in there till you can receive a price drop. I purchased my copy at Target because they offered a $10 gift card.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you get bored with your first few expansions, this one is good for giving you plenty of new stuff to do. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Rohnda Pagan
Product arrived just in time for my friends birthday and she loved it!Published 5 months ago by J.Awesome
I'm a super star!! I always wanted that on my real life and I don't think i can ever achieve that in real life. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Lisa Lane!!