Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "The Sims 3 - Xbox 360” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 42% off the $29.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
- Show off your love of The Sims and stay relaxed while gaming with Fatboy's fun Sims 3 lounge bag. See more Fatboy lounge bags.
$ 00 $29.99 Save $9.99 (33%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Share your creations online and download content from other players around the world, without ever leaving your game
- Create any Sim you can imagine and give them unique personalities, fine-tuning their appearances making them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different
- Build the ultimate home for your Sims, improve your town with building upgrades, and more
- Unlock all-new Karma Powers, wielding the ultimate control over your Sims, giving them wealth, beauty, and love, or take it all away with the click of a button
- Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims' destinies by making their wishes come true, or letting their dreams die
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Create Sims with unique personalities, fulfill their desires, and control their lives within a living neighborhood. Unlock all-new Karma Powers and unleash them on your Sims: help your Sim “get lucky,” bless them with “instant beauty” or curse them with an “epic fail.” But use these powers wisely, because they may have unexpected results! Design and build your Sims' dream home and share your creations with others. As you guide your Sims through life you can complete challenges to unlock additional items, town upgrades, and new buildings and landmarks. For the first time ever, upload and download content from your game, including furnishings, houses, player creations, and more!
The Sims 3 for Xbox 360 is a single player life simulation game that brings authentic gameplay elements, long enjoyed in PC versions of the game, to Xbox 360 players. From character creation and customization tools, to persistent online access and the ability to share content with the larger The Sims community, The Sims 3 allows players to craft the lives of their Sims, like never before. Additional features include: a new Karma game element that can impact the lives of Sims for good or ill, and controls conveniently mapped to the standard game controller layout.
A True The Sims Experience for Xbox 360
In The Sims 3 players create Sims with unique personalities, fulfill their desires, and control their lives within a living gameworld. To a large extent this has been the case in previous console based The Sims games, but things are taken several steps further in this release. The Sims 3 features Sim creation functionality that is essentially the same as players enjoy on the PC platform, with the only appreciable difference being that the interface is optimized for game controller use. Players also enjoy improved and easy movement throughout the game by way of the standard controller layout, using the analog stick to move your Sims and the D-Pad for motions in the up/down directions in 3D space. Additional features include the ability to connect to the Sims Store and the greater online Sims community to share your creations and download content from other players around the world, without leaving your game, and the inclusion of life cycles and lifetime wishes, that can lead to ultimate happiness for Sims, if fulfilled.
New Karma Powers
Another major addition to the series in this release is the inclusion of the concept of Karma. The Sims 3 allows players can unlock all-new Karma Powers and unleash them on your Sims. These can be used to help your Sims get lucky with the power of "rapid romance", bless them with "instant beauty" or at the opposite end of things, curse them with the "instant enemy." Use these powers wisely, because they may have unexpected results. Either way, as you guide your Sims through life The Sims 3 allows you to complete opportunities to unlock items and rewards like never before.
Key Game Features
- Create any Sim you can imagine - Fine-tune your Sims' appearances and create millions of different personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different.
- Build and Customize - Build the ultimate home for your Sims, improve your town with building upgrades, and more.
- Control your Sims' Destinies - Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims' destinies by making their wishes come true, or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be emperors of evil, world leaders, or expert thieves? It's up to you.
- Build and Share Online* - Connect to share your creations and download content from other players around the world, without ever leaving your game.
- Unlock All-New Karma Powers - Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love, or take it all away with the click of a button.
- Complete Challenges to Earn Rewards - Face short and long term challenges and reap rewards. Connect and share your achievements with your friends.
PC level creation abilities.
Persistent online access.
New Karma based system.
Earn rewards for challenges.
*Internet connection required. See product pack for details.
Top Customer Reviews
As someone mentioned here, it's fun to play God. It's even more fun when I have the chance to create real life friends in the virtual world (they even look and act eerily like the real people I know) and see what kind of crazy awkward situations you can put them in (or watch them flourish in specific job situations and/or hobbies/talents).
This game is like a black hole that sucks away any sense of time you may have in the real world. On the first day, I sat through 11 straight hours without even batting an eyelash (other than to grab a quick bite or two and use the restroom). That's how addictive this game is. It's incredible that you can have so much control over everyone's lives, as well as how you make friends, interact with NPCs, and learn skills that really define who your Sims are over the course of their lifetimes. I also like how there is so much attention to detail in terms of how you can design and build the home of your dreams. You can landscape, paint, wallpaper, roof to your heart's content, and buy all sorts of cool stuff to put in the house.
I have heard about the glitch involving people who have game freezes due to possibly too many objects in their inventory or game (I have yet to encounter this problem, fingers crossed) - however, I'm just being very careful about how I manage my stuff in game and am hoping that the problem doesn't affect me.
The game controls fabulously. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve at first when you pick up the game. But once you figure it out thanks to some helpful tutorials, it will all make sense and feel like second nature to you. I do notice that there is a slight lag when it comes to load screens in game (and there are a lot of them) but for the most part it didn't distract me that much. I was too busy in my little sandbox, watching my Sims move up in life (and watching my kid grow up). Throw in some intrigue (such as one of my housemates bringing her lesbian lover home for some "woo hoo"), a little karma here and there (which is one great addition to the game - it really makes it fun when you can use 'powers' to create dramatic situations) and you have the recipe for an amazing game that will suck the very life out of you.
My challenge now is to not ditch my real life friends because their Sim counterparts are just that much more interesting lol!
My copy for her came safely packaged and very fast! Everything was perfect. No complaints.
If you're looking for information on the game, I also played Sims 3 when I was around her age. I still play Sims 3 (I'm 23). My friends still play on various platforms. (The expansions can be pricey though. Wait for holiday specials but they're worth it!)
Also, I love that you're able to place items in your household on a diagonal now. That was a constant frustration to me in The Sims 2.
The one downside is that you cannot leave a sim behind in a household without them being deleted, which has caused some issues with me in having too many people in my household and not being able to move on with only a couple of them without having the others permanently deleted. Just a heads up.