$ 22 $39.99 Save $7.77 (19%)
+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Requires The Sims 4 Base Game To Play
- Become A Doctor: You rule the Hospital! Live the thrilling life of an emergency room Doctor and spend your days saving lives. Just make sure to stay focused as you’re treating patients, delivering babies, and performing emergency surgery.
- Become A Detective: You rule the Police Station! Grab your badge and start solving elaborate mysteries as a Detective. See what secrets you uncover as you investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, arrest criminals, and work your way from Cadet to the Chief of Police.
- Become A Scientist: You rule the Science Lab! Use your analytical mastermind to create crazy inventions as a Scientist. Collect unique specimens to craft diabolical creations like the Sim Ray and decide whether you’ll use your inventions for good or to torment your fellow Sims.
- Create Unique Retail Businesses: You rule your business! Create any type of retail business you desire including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and many more. Customize every facet of your business with Build Mode and watch the simoleons roll in! Select what items to sell, manage your employees as you see fit, and schmooze your customers to close the sale.
- New Career Venues: Spend your days saving lives at the Hospital, booking criminals at the Police Station, searching for alien life at the Science Lab, or chatting up customers at one of the many retail businesses you’ve created!
- Learn New Skills: Learn new skills to help your Sims create even more unique objects to enjoy in The Sims 4. Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Display your creations at home or sell them to earn some extra simoleons.
- Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed! Uncover which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension!
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
You rule the workplace with The Sims 4 Get to Work! Actively control your Sims while they’re at work and determine whether your Sims are headed towards the big promotion or becoming the workplace menace. Jump to the rescue and save countless lives as a Doctor, torment your neighbors with mischievous inventions as a Scientist, or investigate crime scenes and crack the big cases as a Detective. If you’d rather be your own boss, create, customize, and manage your own retail businesses to become a Simoleonaire! You decide how your Sims get to work.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I love going to work with my sims. There’s a lot to do in each career.
Making your own business is super fun. I decided to make my own bakery, thanks to the baking skill that comes with the game. It’s different than running a restaurant from the Dining Out EP so there was a little more to learn and discover.
I just happened upon the alien world when my sim was going to space in the rocket. Besides exploring the alien world and its resources, you can also interact with aliens. I went a step further and made friends with one, invited him to my house and made him part of my household. It’s fun having a playable alien. It brings a different set of challenges.
With the detective career, I discovered a glitch. When I didn’t find my suspect during my first shift, I wasn’t ever able to catch them in subsequent shifts. The clues would stay the same and when I finally found a suspect that matched the description, I lost job performances because I supposedly accused someone falsely. I ended up quitting the job and starting over to try to fix the problem.
Another issue is that it is too hard to have more than one sim in a career if you want to go to work with all of them. Inevitably one sim will advance themselves while you are out with another at work. It’s not as fun this way. I would recommend having only one sim in an interactive career at a time if you want the full experience.
Overall, this is really a fantastic expansion. Definitely worth the money.
The science career opens up the world of Sixam, which is cool, and something new. The Detective Career lets you work as a CSI, which is also fun. All of the careers are enjoyable, in my opinion, and add a huge amount to the game play.
It's a big step up from the base game, but it's still lacking, even from Sims 2. Sims 2 had more detail. Even though it was also a closed world, with loading screens, at least in the Sims 2, they carpooled or drove to work. Now they just teleport right out of their homes..even if they're sitting on the toilet when it's time to go to work. I find that really breaks immersion. In Sims 2, they even had to set alarms to make sure they'd be up in time for work. The carpool guy would honk his horn if your Sims were running late, and would even leave without them. There just seemed to be more attention to detail in Sims 2. Never mind Sims 3; which is a whole different thing, with it's lovely vast open world.
On one of the Get to Work loading screens, you can read about how your sims can now enjoy a "world" of shopping. If a world is 4 shops, then yes, I guess so. The small size of the towns/neighborhoods are baffling. Why would there only be room for 4 lots? I understand that we can make retail shops in our 2 regular towns (neighborhoods), but they are small enough as it is.
In Sims 2 we could create custom neighborhoods, and in Sims 3 we had the Create a World tool; if Sims 4 offered something similar we could make a new neighborhood for shops, a new neighborhood for new sim homes, etc. and this would make the Sims 4 world bigger. We can manage the worlds we have but we can't add towns and that is something I think the game needs.
The retail isn't as fun to play, in my opinion as it was in Sims 2 Open for Business. I actually replayed Sims 2 Open for business yesterday to compare and I enjoyed Sims 2 businesses, and their management tools and incentives a lot more. The addition of mannequins is nice, but in Sims 2, Sims could try on outfits in change rooms, and model in front of mirrors, which to me was more immersive.
I made a bakery and the Sims bought baked goods but never ate them at the tables. I set up a coffee machine so at least they had coffee, but it was disappointing that they couldn't sit down, buy baked goods, and eat them. Maybe we'll have to wait for a Nightlife add on for that.
I enjoy this expansion, which is a relief as I was very disappointed in the Sims 4 base game and found game play boring. It's nice to see that EA is making some attempt to listen to their customers, but adding in free basements, ghosts, pools, etc., but they really should have put those into the base game in the first place. I hope the next expansions will be as good as this one, and I hope they'll find a way to open up the Sims 4 world so it doesn't feel like we're playing in a shoe box.
Update: don't get the game used.. Cannot use the activation code... :(
One of the hard things for me when moving from Sims 3 to Sims 4 is that there seems to be less to do and less creativity - but with these expansion packs coming out, I've been getting more and more excited about the added content.
I've notice how the careers seem to always give you the same tasks every time. No variety to keep it fresh and new. Once you realize the patters of the career track then you are no longer in an open word of work meaning that the challenge is gone.