Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack - Prima Essential Guide: Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Essential Guides) Spiral-bound – June 1, 2010
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is my take on this:
*Information on new careers seem to be fairly informative. They could have added more details, but since going to this smaller size, I guess they felt that information was not needed.
*The spiral design is handy for saving your place, keeping the book open, etc.
*The size is handy for taking places.
*Prima Guide needs to hire people who actually PROOF READ their stuff. This was the worst I've ever seen. The charts are wrong. It seems that they think all the new careers will be doing some Investigator work. NOT. Are they outsourcing their work as well?
*Font is too small. They could very easily have kept the basic size but have made the book with more pages to give us something that was easier to see and read.
*As stated in the first Pro... the information seems to be lacking somehow. I remember more details in the previous guides.
Sadly Prima does not offer this guide in the regular size. If they did, I would have paid extra for it.
Now I have moved on to Sims 3 and I just purchased the Ambitions EP and wanted a guide. So when I read the reviews commenting on how small the font was in these, and how you could barely read it.. i was a little nervous to order.. but it was my only option if I wanted the guide. I have been reading over it for the last two days and I have to say, the fond is small, but not unreadable. I love the spiral, it makes it soo much easier to lay out and look at while playing..
I also read some reviews stating that the pages weren't printed right, and the holes for the spiral were cutting off the text.. I didnt see this problem with mine.. Everything lined up fine, the font doesn't even come close to being cut off.
I would definately recommend this to all Sims 3 players with this expansion. :)
I quickly scanned through it and was disappointed the majority of it is a recap of sims3. That wouldn't be so bad if they had also recapped World Adventures as then I'd have all 3 guides in one small book.
I rated 3 because basically it's like all the other guides only smaller. So, it's average in my opinion. Not the best of the lot and not the worst. From what I could tell, there's no cheats listed but there are hints and a map of the new town which will be useful. If you like the other guides, then you won't waste any more money than before with this guide.
1) It's a perfect size, very handy to use and to put in a bag or purse to take along with you. It's also a much better size when you're playing the game and you don't want a huge book blocking the screen.
2) It's spiral bound, which is awesome because you can prop it up so you can see a page while you're playing and you don't have to worry about bending the book binding or trying to hold the page with one hand while you play with the other hand.
3) Every single page is in color! If you've purchased previous guides you know that most pages are in black and white, which isn't exactly convenient when you're trying to see what the picture is showing you. Even the charts are in color which make them so much easier to read.
4) Exceptionally well organized with a clear table of contents and tabs to show what chapter you're in.
5) Very detailed so that even if you've never played the Sims before in your life you can still get what the author is saying. Clear steps to accomplish what you want to do in your game.
6) Much better price than previous guides (due to the small size).
7) And lastly, if you purchase it from Amazon it comes shrink wrapped so you don't have to worry about pages being bent, as sometimes happens with spiral bound books like this.
I would be remiss if I didn't concede that the print is rather small. I don't have any trouble with it because I'm nearsighted and I just put it closer to my face and have a good light handy. But I can definitely see how people who are farsighted, people who don't have the best eyes or the best light available, or people who are older might have trouble reading it. If any or all of those are the case, this might not be the book for you, or you could copy the pages at 200% and read the copies (though that can get pretty expensive) or use a magnifying glass. But probably for most people it'll be fine, as we're all used to straining our eyes to see those little people on our computer screens and all the little possessions they have.
So, bottom line: This guide is my favorite of all the Sim guides, and I highly recommend it if you don't mind the small print.