+ $4.59 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
About the Product
- Move into the perfect apartment: a spacious loft, a cozy place for a young couple, or a multi-bedroom flat-share with friends
- Mingle with Sims from all-new social groups: stylish socialites, artsy bohemians, sports jocks, gadget-collecting techies, or edgy gearheads
- Take advantage of apartment life: form social networks to make new friends, advance their careers, or look for love
- Build your Sim’s new reputation meter: with a good reputation, your Sim can find the right friends to help them achieve their goals
- Control multiple households: will you make your Sims live in happy harmony or comical conflict
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Moving Day is Here
Your Sims are moving into a brand-new apartment, and their lives will never be the same! Adventure, fun, and drama await them as they meet new people and explore their new neighborhood.
Will they take their kids to the local playground, mingle in coffee shops, or hit the park to learn from the breakdancers? Close quarters mean new opportunities-move in with compatible roomies for a thriving social life, advance your career with the right social network, or find true love just down the hall.
Whether they live in artsy converted lofts, the ultimate studio bachelor pads, or luxury apartments with their own butler, Your Sims will experience all of the excitement of apartment life!
| || |
Decorate your apartment
View larger image
Make new friends
View larger image
Requires The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Special DVD Edition, The Sims 2 Holiday Edition, or The Sims 2 Deluxe to play.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Cell Phones disappearing: Every cell phone any of my Sims had or recently purchased disappeared from their inventory. I even sent another Sim downtown to buy new cell phones for the entire family after all of them first disappeared. After I put a phone in everyone's inventory, within the next hour (real time) they were all gone.
2. Crashes: I have had 2-3 crashes since I installed the pack on August 29th. Yes, I have custom content, but no major hacks. In fact the only "hack" I have allows me to put items on dressers. In one instance, I clicked on a house and it went to the loading screen. About 5 minutes later it was still on the loading screen and would not move at all. When I minimized the window to go to the task manager to end the process, I saw that a window popped saying the application crashed. I have a suspicion it is all related to bug #3.
3. NPCs galore: With apartment life came all new NPCs. This is a good and bad thing. Usually I prefer my sims to marry townies and I like that the names of NPCs are so various now. However, I think a townie passes my house/apartment/dorm every 15 game minutes. Apparently the over frequent number of NPCs causes a type of file to enlarge which can cause the game to crash. Groups.cache maybe?
4. No interactions with the gypsy matchmaker on community lots: One of my sims was a vampire and I wanted to cure him.Read more ›
As a 'PC expert' I was called in when my son's copy would not load. It seems that he had re-installed the game at least four times because he had installed corrupted custom content on his new Sony Vio laptop. He then found he could not get Apartment Life to work at all.
I tried and every time I insert the disk it ejects and the message 'Insert a disk' appears. I tried my wife's copy and got the same result so it wasn't a bad disk. I investigated the problem on Internet and found EA have protected the game using SecuRom - the same software which caused the Spore DRM controversy. According to what I found SecuRom does not like:
(a) Nero software (Yes my son had Nero 8 on his machine and yes it has stopped working properly)
(b) It can cause problems if there are repeated installs - Now up to at least 5 that I know of.
SecuRom is NOT easy to remove. The removal tools provided by EA and SecuRom do not do a complete removal. EA games is not very helpful either, offering a variety of non-relevant solutions such as telling me that the game would not work on his laptop because of it's video card. (It already had been working).
All in all it took me several hours to fix the problem, my time being worth a great deal more than the games cost. I still have an Apartment Life disk which messes up computers and prevents other legitimate software working. There is a way round it, but that involves un-official copies of the game which I can't condone.
My recommendation is that if you are an average user who just plays the standard game then go ahead and buy it but if you want to build your own Sims and use custom content - give this expansion pack a miss - it isn't worth the hassle.
The only things I'm not too fond of is the lack of being able to simply build apartments. You can do this! BUT you must use a cheat code to turn your apartment building into an ACTUAL apartment. Otherwise it will simply be a big house for purchase. Another thing is the driveway. I'm not sure if you can have cars with apartment buildings int his game. Which is too bad since I have a nice collection of custom cars :D
Overall its a great addition to the game!
On another note, I gave this game four stars total because I feel a little misled by the creators. In chats and promo videos they stated that there were tons of new outfits and thirty-something new hairstyles, which I was excited about, as making people is my favorite part of the game. What the game actually includes is three or four new hairstyles with, say, eight different colors of barrettes or ponytail holders. There are several new kinds of furniture, activities, floor tiles and wallpapers, though, just like the creators promised.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is still one of my favorite expansions but there are some things it could use but nothing that won't stop me from loving it!Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Not only did my package arrive late after I paid extra for speedy shipping, but it did not include the code inside the box that is required to download the game onto my device. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Robyn