FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Whisk your Sims away from their everyday routines and take them on exciting trips
- Travel to 3 dream destinations; try local cuisine and admire cultural landmarks
- Transform them from bumbling tourists to savvy international travelers
- Go on fun excursions, shop for unique objects, collect shells on the beach or dig up treasure
- Splurge on the luxury suite or save Simoleons and choose a more cozy lodging
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I'd have a lot more fun with this game if I was actually playing it. But as usual, this EP shipped with a bunch of gameplay bugs and also an ugly, potentially dangerous form of copy protection by Sony called SecuROM.
A Brief on Bugs:
- Game shipped w/a programming error that created Tour Guide after Tour Guide, unchecked. Too many character files in a sim 'hood means too many opportunities for them to corrupt and your 'hood to go boom. A third party fansite had a fix before EA did (like two WEEKS before EA did). The fansite fix didn't weigh in at a whopping 15 MB like the EA patch did either, considering the EA patch fixed very few things and another will be needed. Must be fun to download on dialup.
- One of the game's Twikii Island locations has an object issue that slows gameplay to an excruciating crawl. A prebuilt lodge in the woodsy vacation hood has no grill or phones, so sims can't cook or order room service and must leave to eat. A secret location in the Twikii hood is so poorly constructed it grinds the game to a halt. Stuff like this should've been caught in testing...BAHAHA! Like they test this game, ugh. Poor devs. I do believe they want to make a great game, but the time constraints put on them by EA management makes them churn out bugfest after bugfest.
- Funky installation errors told some people that they had to uninstall previous EPs to install BV, so they followed that advice and TADA! Doing so wiped out their entire saved games folder. Sure, you should always back up before installation, but that shouldn't happening in the first place.
- This EP has a new 'feature' called the Launcher, which will connect to the internet to inform you of patches or other EA spam before you get to play.Read more ›
I can't burn or back up anything to disks, I can't play DVD's, it's just a disaster. Before I could figure what was causing all of these problems, I logged on to the official website to report my disk problem (asking for the original) which is when I also learned about SecuROM. It turns out that this software is causing all of these problems and there is no easy way to remove it. It installs itself with rootkit-like behavior, its very hard to find, and thus, very hard to remove as well.
As you can tell, I was extremely disappointed to read about this, and will be reformatting my whole computer to get rid of this nasty problem very soon. I just want my computer to function once again like it should, and I will NOT be reinstalling Bon Voyage or purchasing anymore products from the Sims 2 line until its guaranteed that the game won't cause any other annoying problems with my computer. Its such a shame that I didn't get to enjoy this game like I should have, and it's even worse that I can't play the game I payed $30 for, and that it just really messed with my computer.
And that's the only way I can sum up this game: very disappointing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I just wish there was a Loch Ness type monster in it instead of just a Bigfoot.Published 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
This particular expansion is wonderful, but the amount of SecuROM that is bundled with it can really cripple your PC. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Amazon User
Make sure to email the sender to make sure the serial number is enclosed to download the program. Everything was on time, I just didn't get a chance to try to install it until... Read morePublished 15 days ago by Amazon Customer
I tried to install this game and it said I had to back up my other saved games , so I go on YouTube to try and see exactly what it mean. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Expansion pack is good, but I'm going to complain about EA adding Sony's SecuROM, designed to secretly install software to fk up your disc drive. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Danielroxheaps
this goes hand-in-hand and with the expansion pack seasons! I mean because not everybody like for sunny beaches as a vacation destination.Published 4 months ago by najibah malik