$ 77 $19.99 Save $3.22 (16%)
Important NoteThis game requires The Sims 3 base game to play.
About the Product
- Sims of every age can enjoy new activities! Kids can hang out with friends in tree houses. Teens can pull hilarious pranks.
- Whether it's a raging all-teen party while the parents are out, a high school graduation or an official wedding ceremony
- From bachelor party hi-jinks to getting in trouble for bad grades to hearing rumors around town about Sims who cheat on their spouses
- Sims will enjoy all-new ways to be creative including tinkering with chemistry sets, making their own home movies that they can watch on their own TVs
- All of the new activities, celebrations, and drama are easier to remember and reminisce about with a new Memories system
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Whether it's a raging all-teen party while the parents are out, a high school graduation or an official wedding ceremony
From bachelor party hi-jinks to getting in trouble for bad grades to hearing rumors around town about Sims who cheat on their spouses
Sims will enjoy all-new ways to be creative including tinkering with chemistry sets, making their own home movies that they can watch on their own TVs
All of the new activities, celebrations, and drama are easier to remember and reminisce about with a new Memories system
From the Manufacturer
The Sims 3: Generations is the fourth expansion pack for popular single player Life Simulation game The Sims 3.* Through it players can dramatically expand The Sims 3 gameplay with a generationally oriented focus on new activities, celebrations, and opportunities for drama and creativity. With this new expansion players' Sims can experience the gameworld from multiple perspectives, including childhood, the teenage years, young adult to adult, and the senior years. Each of these has a different general focus that players can of course alter as they see fit.
Experience the Life of Sims Across the Generations
Enjoy a whole spectrum of rich life experiences with your Sims. Start off in the imagination-fueled world of childhood and embrace the drama of the teen years. Experience the complicated realities of adult life, then reap the benefits of growing up in each life stage. A wealth of new options and activities makes your Sims' lives more meaningful than ever before, whatever their ages. With new celebrations, dramatic life events, and all-new ways for your Sims to express their creativity, The Sims 3 Generations lets your Sims live life to the fullest.
About The Sims 3
The freedom of The Sims 3 will inspire you with endless creative possibilities and amuse you with unexpected moments of surprise and mischief. Create millions of unique Sims and control their lives. Customize their appearances and personalities. Build their homes - design everything from exquisitely furnished dream homes to quaint cottages. Then, send your Sims out to explore their ever-changing neighborhood and to meet other Sims in the town center. With all-new quick challenges and rewarding game play, The Sims 3 gives you the freedom to choose whether (or not) to fulfill your Sims' destinies and make their wishes come true.
Key Game Features
- New Activities - Sims of every age can have fun. Kids can attend ballet class, hang out in tree houses, or have fun on new playground equipment. Teens can host raging parties, pull pranks, and attend school dances. Adults can suffer mid-life crises, and those who engage in extramarital affairs will face the rumor mill. And so much more.
- New Celebrations - Whether it's a hilariously out-of-control bachelorette party, an all-teen party while the parents are out, or a high school graduation, new ways to celebrate life will make every age more fun.
- New Drama Unfolds - From snubbing school peers to being the focus of neighborhood gossip and even bachelor party hi-jinks, hilarity will ensue when life goes off the beaten path.
- Find News Ways to be Creative - Sims will be able to tinker with chemistry sets, play in forts, and record with video cameras. Additionally, the new memories system allows players to build a scrapbook and post their memories on Facebook for all of their friends to see.
* The Sims 3 is required for play, and is sold separately.
Some PC users may experience an issue with their Sims 3 launcher after installing Generations. If you experience game launch issues, please follow the instructions found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380915.page
Top Customer Reviews
The newest addition, boarding school, is probably my favorite add-on as I love having big families, but after awhile they can be a bit tiring, now I can just ship them off to one of several boarding schools that will grow specific talents like logic, athleticism, art/music etc.
You can also create an imaginary friend that, if treated properly, can even become a controllable player and member of the family.
I like this expansion, but it isn't one of my favorites. It is definitely not worth $30. I'm very glad I used a coupon that took off $15 otherwise I would feel very cheated.
My advice is to wait for Sims Pets to come out before you purchase this as there will be a price drop on Generations since it won't be the "new one" anymore.
If you're a Sims lover like I am you'll definitely want to add this to your collection, but if you're only a part-time gamer I'd just skip it and get either Nightlife or Ambitions because they'll give you much more bang for your buck.
After reading other reviews stating they had trouble installing the Sims 3 Generations, I was worried if I would have issues as well.
I have Windows 7 and have the original Sims 3 (not deluxe), World Adventures, and Ambitions expansions. The game was fully patched to the latest version, and I did not remove any custom content prior to downloading and installing. I downloaded everything with the "typical" settings, and the 1.6GB download took about 45 minutes to download and about 5 minutes to install. It did ask me for the product code up front, which I was able to easily copy and paste from a link that took me directly to my amazon account.
All things said and done, it was one of the smoothest digital installs I have completed.
I am not suggesting whatever problems others have had are fixed. However with my computer, the install worked exactly as is should.
I have enjoyed the new expansion so far, and the addition of bunk beds and more kid focused items. I would recommend this expansion for avid Sims fans, especially those looking to start a "new family" with their single or newly married sims.
Here are some of the new things Generations will bring in to your game play: Weddings, Graduations, Boarding school, Pranks (for kids & teens), Prom (for teens: they get to dress up, find a date, go to Prom in a Limo, etc!), Misbehavior & parental punishment, Field trips, After-school activities (ballet, scouting, Drama Club, etc), Dreams & nightmares for sleeping Sims, Mood swings (for teens), Mid-life crisis (Adults), TONS of new moodlets, new objects (clothes, hair, furniture), and more.
I downloaded this from Amazon, and had no download issues whatsoever. Make sure you restart your computer after you complete the download, or you will more than likely have problems.
If you're going to get an expansion pack, THIS is the one you need. Put it at the top of your list.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A lot of the negative reviews towards the game (or any game) on amazon are caused by people not knowing how to activate the game, download the game, etc etc. No worries. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Slyer
Dealing with Origin is incredibly difficult. Have a new computer? Need to re-download your games? DAMNED NEAR IMPOSSIBLE!!! Read morePublished 18 days ago by KL89
Took me 2 hours to download :p
But I thought it was worth it until it said u needed the original game first ._.