- Any video game purchase of $19.99 or greater on Amazon.com will qualify you to receive an Amazon promotional code that will grant you three exclusive pieces of DLC for Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood! Codes will be sent within 48 hours of purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Now with Pools and Ghosts: Pools and ghosts have arrived and are now included in The Sims 4 with the most recent updates. We've designed the game to be a live service so that we can continually evolve The Sims 4 experience with exciting new features and content.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Now with Pools and Ghosts: Pools and ghosts have arrived and are now included in The Sims 4 with the most recent updates. We’ve designed the game to be a live service so that we can continually evolve The Sims 4 experience with exciting new features and content.
The Sims 4 is the highly anticipated life simulation game that lets you play with life like never before! Create and control Sims with big personalities, new emotions, and distinct appearances. Experience new levels of creativity when you sculpt Sims with the powerful Create A Sim and design beautiful homes with tactile, room-based Build Mode. With free content updates for owners of The Sims 4 if and when available, you’ll have the latest content and features to evolve your game experience. Control the mind, body, and heart of your Sims and explore lively, vibrant neighborhoods filled with rich communities of smarter Sims that bring your stories to life.
- Sims with Big Personalities: Create and control a new generation of Sims with big personalities, new emotions, and distinct appearances. Smarter Sims are more relatable, have the ability to multi-task, and come to life with new emotions and lively animations. The Sims provide you endless possibilities to create rich, entertaining, and weird stories.
- Powerful Creative Tools: All-New Create A Sim and Build Mode have been reinvented to be more powerful, intuitive and fun than ever before. You have the control to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new, room-based Build Mode. Styled Looks and Rooms inspire you with curated outfits and designs to add to your Sims and homes in The Sims 4.
- Vibrant Worlds: Explore lively, beautiful worlds filled with rich communities of Sims. Choose among beautiful and diverse lots for your Sims to build their homes and explore activities. Expand your social circle and interact with other Sims in the neighborhood and hang out in community parks and venues.
- Share Your Creations: The Gallery allows you to see, share, and download new content without ever leaving your game. Get inspired by rich content created by The Sims community and add new experiences to your game.
PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
OS: 64 Bit Windows 7, 8, or 8.1
PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion)
PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or better
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.
MEMORY: 4GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space
OS: Mac OS X 10.9 or later
PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
MEMORY: 8GB RAM
HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space
Origin account required for game activation and installation.
Top Customer Reviews
-No, you don't follow the Sim when they travel. It is actually faster this way, especially if where they are traveling is far from your lot. It doesn’t take nearly as much time to load between places as it used to on the Sims 2, though there is a very brief loading screen. You can still see past the home lot, and honestly the neighborhoods are livelier than ever! There is some beautiful scenery. You can meet other Sims, whether they live in the town or whether or not they actually live in a house! I'm sure expansion packs will bring more towns, as well as more public establishments for them to enjoy. In the Sims 3 I rarely visited community lots anyway with the exception of gyms and libraries, so this does not bother me.
-No, you can’t travel with your Sim to work. We have never been able to actually control their work actions or see inside their job, it is no different now. The biggest difference is you get a lot of situations that you choose the outcome of, affecting your performance. You can still opt to have them work hard, slack off, etc. It is not as easy to get promoted, and they give you things you can do daily to increase your performance. Like, in the athlete track it is recommended you work out daily. This makes things more realistic in my opinion. You also have more career options.
-You can still get pregnant and have babies. You have the option to take a pregnancy test, after you try for a baby instead of waiting to see if the Sim is pregnant like before. The Sim still works while pregnant, and during the 3rd trimester Mom and Dad gain the option to take family leave. They do have to call into work for it, so they don’t have to take it if you don’t want them to. Many people are upset that you can’t take the baby away from their bassinet, but we didn’t do that much with babies before either away from their cribs really. You can still interact with them, and mom even has the option to breast feed the baby now. If left alone the baby will go to “daycare”. No more paying for annoying babysitters who get entirely too comfortable in your house. There is no toddler stage, babies grow up into children. Children are allowed to be at home by themselves, but as before they are not allowed to use the stove or anything like that. There are many ways for children to develop their skills, and they can even have mini-aspirations. With that being said, I don’t really miss the toddler stage because children have plenty of growing up to do!
-The color customization is more limited than the Sims 3, I do agree with that. You have a few options to choose on hair and eye color, and cannot do roots or highlights like before. Clothes come in certain colors, if you don’t like the options that’s all there is to it. There are styled outfits now, I like a lot of those. Of course, you can always purchase in the Sim store or Mod if the limits bother you a whole lot. -The actual process of creating your sim has changed a lot, the options to modify their faces and bodies are so far beyond what I could have ever imagined for this game.
-Build/buy mode has been condensed into one, and there are several ways to find items by category as well as prestyled rooms. There are pools available now, still no cars but you really don’t need a car because you can’t see them travel anyway.
-There is so much more you can do to develop your Sim as an individual, from skills to personality. Who they are actually reflects in the way they walk, talk and act. Like when they have to pee badly, you can see that in their walk.
It’s awesome I think. It lost some, but it gained things also that make the game more lifelike. If you don’t expect it to have or need expansion packs, you are not realistic. There is talk of offering one price to be able to get all the expansion packs they release, though I’m not sure whether that’s true or not. If you buy it from Origins, you can return it during a buyers’ remorse period if you are unsatisfied. Again, when reading these reviews keep in mind this is the base game. There are no expansion packs yet, and there will still be updates! I can't wait for the first expansion pack coming next month!