Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 762 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 805 reviews
on February 8, 2015
I wanted to replace my last more expensive computerized failure I had for sewing machine that was not even able to do medium fabrics. Then I ordered this one and I am 100% satisfied. I tested and used it enough to say that it is a winner. I have done multiple jean hems with the right needles and skills with no problems whatsoever. I also did a leather bag with the proper needle and foot and it was a complete success. So far the best of the 3 machine I owned in the past. It does very well on light and heavy fabrics. Recommended absolutely YES.
review image review image
44 comments| 528 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 26, 2014
I'm a professional seamstress, and have been using the same machine for the last 23 years. Last week I had to take my steady Eddy into the shop for the first time ever, and needed a replacement/backup ASAP. It would be easy for me to go completely overboard on a new machine, but we just bought a new house so the budget is cinched very tight right now. So I ordered this one. It arrived right on time, I took it out of the box and strung some denim gold thread through it and went straight through a pair of jeans, like butter. It hung up and hummed just a little at the tripled over flatbed seam (12 layers of stretch denim), but did go right through after that and it did everything else beautifully. And the finished seam looked exactly like a factory hem. The stitch length was dead on and the machine didn't get cranky over that heavy topstitch thread like my regular machine. Then I got a piece of scrap purple satin and played around with the settings, I went up and down with bright white thread changing the stitch and the stitch length just to see what they all look like. One word "WOW", she's a dynamite little honey, and fast too. The scrap bit was so fun my daughters were fighting over it last night.
33 comments| 303 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 6, 2016
Great swing machine, I use it do projects for my boat. Works great with Sunbrella (3 layers)
review image
0Comment| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 14, 2017
I just received this sewing machine yesterday. So far I'm not impressed. The main trouble is the speed. It only has one and it's very fast -- like being in high gear all the time. This is an issue because the motor doesn't even move -- just hums -- with slight pressure on the peddle. To get the needle moving, you have to give it a little 'nudge' to overcome inertia in the over-geared motor, which causes the needle to race. Once the motor is moving, only then can you bring it down to a slow controlled speed. By then the stitch is crooked. I've managed to make maybe one straight stitch on some practice fabric.

I'm also skeptical about heavy duty aspect. I was just running practice seems over some thin woven cotton cloth. Three layers caused some struggle. Again, you really had to goose the speed control to get the needle through the fabric, which caused it to race, which causes the feed dogs to not grip the fabric, which causes all the stitches to pile up. I don't see a foot pressure setting on the machine or in the manual either. Everything about this machine screams for a lower gear.

I'm contemplating sending this one back. I'm also now very skeptical of Amazon reviews. This is the second thing I've purchased with near 5-star that turned out to not be very good according to outside reviews.

Also, the controls are not very good. I kept wondering if there was even an overcast stitch. These goofy images of stitches don't make a lot of sense to me. I did find a key online, however, which is very helpful. Attached.

This thing skips stitches. I'm going to buy a different machine and just throw this one out.
review image
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 7, 2017
For the price, it is a really good machine. I would rather save $1300 instead of getting a Bernina. Been using this Singer a lot. Good quality. Good sturdy parts. Sews through some pretty thick stuff. Would definitely recommend it. I love it!
on August 19, 2014
Love this sewing machine. Does its purpose well. It exceeded my expectations. I was able to accomplish my sofa cover project, daughter's dress, some repairs, hems, and lots more extras with no troubles at all. It's very user-friendly. Bobbin size is 15J. This is my first portable sewing machine, and I'm glad its Singer.
on May 7, 2017
VERY pleased with this sewing machine! It is fast, has very simple to use settings, can see my more difficult fabrics, has easy bobbin winding and threading, and is extremely sturdy and well built. Not like the more expensive and less powerful machines out there.
on December 13, 2016
Much more powerful than my old machine.... it can sew together two reasonably thin pieces of leather...easy to adjust all tensions...
on August 24, 2016
This thing is awesome and I am a dude! Bought this for the wife and I cant help but to sit down and sow for her sometimes its just fun!
on April 27, 2016
SO my 26 year old Singer sewing machine died. This 4432 is its replacement. SO far, this machine is just great and easy to use. I wanted a simple, non digital machine, This is it! Sews jean hems without issues. Love that the needle had 3 positions. The only negative is the location oof the "On and Off" button which is on the right side, near bottom which is covered up when I place the machine in my cabinet.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse