Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 248 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 264 reviews
I've been using Singer Machine oil for decades. Good on Singer for not cheaping out and reformulating it over the years to cut costs -- this is the same stuff we've all grown to know and love. I often use it to lube my Braun and Panasonic electric shavers among other things. I also use a touch of it on the screen and blades to help reduce wear on both components.

Unlike some lubricants, it won't gum up after a while. For cleaning gummed up machine parts, removing rust, and cleaning, WD-40 can't be beat, but for lubricating, I prefer Singer over WD-40. Singer is safe to use on even delicate equipment like cameras. If you're using it for delicate machine parts like those in cameras, use it VERY SPARINGLY! Use a pin or paperclip to apply the oil indirectly for controlling precisely how much of it you use. I have absolutely no problem using it for my vintage cameras over the years.

If you need something for lubricating machine parts, try the time-tested Singer oil.
on August 4, 2014
I am using this as my go-to thin oil for skateboards, sewing machines, ball bearings, ... anything that I know will have to move fast. I don't know if it's safe for plastics (so I don't use it on the gears of my N-scale model trains). so far the oil did not leave any residue from drying etc.

Generally, don't over-oil! on moving parts a drop or two is usually enough. Moving parts just need a very very thin film to glide on each other - you don't want to create a droplet or coating that will also trap dust and dirt!
on April 25, 2013
I use this, and a syringe, to inject the oil into the CPU and GPU ball-bearing fans in my old computers. The oil is non-conductive. My 10+ year old components are spinning at full RPM and are quiet again!
on November 7, 2016
I have a pretty old Kenmore machine that has been needing servicing for years but I haven't taken it in yet for lots of reasons. It had been acting up lately and just some of this oil in a few places did wonders!! Singer is a great brand all around and I'm really pleased with the results. And because it is ALL-PURPOSE you can use it anywhere! The boyfriend used it on our squeaky door and it worked like a charm. Next step is buying a bottle with a long neck to get it into tighter spaces but I couldn't be happier with it.
Although, back in the day when I had a sewing machine I used Singer oil for its original purpose, I bought this to lubricate my bread machine shaft. I turned over my bread pan, used the red spout on the bottle to place two drops on the shaft, rotated it, and wiped off the excess. Note: this machine oil not edible and should be used only on parts that don't come into contact with food.

This oil can be used for many different machines other than sewing machines because it withstands heat well. The oil is clear and only viscous enough to dispense single drops which then spread out into gears, shafts, etc.

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann
on July 21, 2016
Ok, I am a bit biased as I used to work for Singer Germany. But truth is this is some of the best high quality machine oil available. Not just for use in Singer sewing machines, but versatile enough to be used for all kinds of oiling jobs, like keeping those doors from squealing, or the horrible screech the wheels on my garage-door were making.
This particular bottle does have the disadvantage of not having a very good tip to apply the oil in some situations. I get around this by simply refilling a smaller bottle of Singer oil which does have a nice long and thin snout for application.
on May 30, 2016
I bought this product because I had a small 40mm fan that was making some noise on my 3D printer. I peeled back the sticker on the backside of the fan and added one tiny little drop of this on it and it made the fan rattling and noise completely disappear. The tip on this when using it can be a bit hard to open and is a bit inaccurate when squeezing some out but that is something to take note of to not squeeze to much out at once. Overall this is a great lubrication for old or rattling fans that just need a drop or two of this oil.
on March 31, 2016
For the price this thing is pretty good. I'll echo some of the other complaints that the nozzle is too short, though. I thought it wouldn't be that big of a problem, until I tried to oil the second section of my machine that is really hidden deep behind all the mechanical parts. I'm actually more upset at the machine's location of what needs to be oiled though more than how incapable this product is at getting to the spot. Even with a longer nozzle that was flexible I'd have issues getting there!
on May 18, 2016
I was fortunate enough to find a very old brother sewing machine for free, but it needed a good cleaning and some oil. This oil is nice and thin so it can get into all the little spots it needs to. The applicator tip is a little hard to flip up, but with a pair of sewing scissors always near my machine I am able to use those so it's not a big deal. I do think that the oil comes out a little faster than I would like it to, but it keeps that machine working well.
on February 9, 2017
Works as described. Wish the bottle came with a extension as I have a difficult time oiling certain parts due to the size and shape of the bottle and depth of parts inside my serger.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.