Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 21, 2013
So far, lots of fun for the money. here's something I didn't see on the product description or in other reviews that you might find helpful: I would recommend getting a 1/8" (3.5mm) Stereo Cable (9.99 at Radio Shack, probably cheaper if you shop online, but I didn't know I needed it..) that will connect most personal audio devices--including iphone, ipod, and ipad to the Signing Machine via the Audio IN (marked only by a musical note) spot in the back of the machine next to the spot where the video OUT cables attach.

This is a cool because it: 1) enables you to skip the purchase of tons of karoyke CDs, especially those your kids will demand today, but never listen to again by next month 2) plug in your Ipad and use the zillions of karaoke song/video lyrics that can be found on YouTube 3) plug in your Mp3 or iphone--especially if you have a streaming service --and find virtually any karaoke recording you could ever want and blast it through the singing machine.

My next project is to use the chromecaster so that the YouTube karaoke lyrics can be broadcast on the TV, because now the lyrics only scroll on the ipad, not the TV. this is a small tradeoff though because YouTube is providing a vast karaoke library without purchasing lots of CDs, some of which will fall out of favor with the group. It's best to turn the ipad volume all the way up in order to get maximum sound.

One other thing, especially for little kids, that makes this cable a good idea----the songs that little kids often want to sing from their favorite recording artists are difficult--it's not the worst thing in the world to sing along WITH their favorite recordings--the mike easily enables the child's voice to boom over the singer's voice...but the singer is there for a guide; it's hard for little kids and even some adults to follow scrolling lyrics. OK so this may not be pure karaoke, but I bought this to entertain the kids, so I'm not a stickler for karaoke rules :-)
If you get this stereo cable, you are REALLY upgrading a relatively inexpensive karaoke model !
1111 comments| 1,391 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 3, 2016
For the price, This is a nice little karaoke machine. I actually bought it for my grandchildren so my requirements are probably not the same as for, say, an adult party, but when I pulled it out of the box and tried it out I realized it would work very well for adults, too. (And the adults have taken over the unit once or twice!) There's a CD player on top that will play CDs or CD-Gs. The unit comes with the cords necessary if you want to plug the unit into your TV and get the words on the screen for your CD-Gs. I haven't tried this function yet, mostly because the first CD-G I bought for the grandchildren was Frozen, and they know all the words to every song. There have been moments when I regret that CD purchase--if I hear Let it Go one more time I may put my head through the wall. You can adjust mic volume and echo in addition to the regular volume. The sound is great for such a small box. The front of the unit flashes with multi-colored lights. It comes with one microphone so if you're looking to have more than one singer or sing duets, you might want to pick up another one. It's a nice solid unit, not like some of the kids' players I've seen, and I expect to be able to use it with my little singers for many years to come. One of the best features is there is a place to plug in your AUX--your phone or tablet--so you can play virtually all your own music. You will need to buy the cord that connects the AUX to the unit, but for little ones who want to sing "What Does the Fox Say," it's perfect.
on September 9, 2016
I had no idea that bright lights could amaze little faces so much! They literally stopped everything they were doing @ the party to stare at the lights. They were all lost in wonder................... absolutely LOVED the quality of the music! We bought a second microphone for our younger daughter so the 2 of them are able to talk, sing together (no fights). Also, I did buy the Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To Male Stereo Audio... which allowed us to stream music from anyone's iphone or Galaxy... even my kindle was used to access music from youtube. We even used our Ipad to stream our Wednesday night service @ church and wow... sound was crystal clear!

I love good buys! I hope it lasts and continues to do what it was made to do.
on February 8, 2016
If you have chromecast, just plug in the red av cord into the tv (you won't need the yellow or white), use your phone or tablet to cast YouTube and you have unlimited karaoke songs!

Sound quality of the machine is good enough for home karaoke. The lights are cool, probably better at night but I tested this out during the day. My daughter's birthday isn't for several weeks but I wanted to make sure it worked well beforehand.

Super easy to set up. Get the SMM 205 microphone for a second microphone, they are compatible and cheap. Get a 3.5mm cord if you want to play music through your phone or tablet.

Easy peasy! It's worth it, I definitely recommend this machine.
on February 15, 2016
Let me start off saying I purchased this for a 3 year old. I wanted something that was more 'adult' looking but certainly didn't want to spend a lot on it since I knew eventually it would beat up from rough use. For those reason this has been a good machine. Its fairly easy for my 3 year old to use and the lights make it a lot of fun. I also purchased the additional microphone so that her younger sister could join in. They do have fun with it, however the sound quality is horrible. For this reason I only give it 2 stars. We have the volume turned to the max and can just barely hear the music playing. Due to the sound issue the kids barely play with it. They can hardly hear themselves not alone the music they are supposed to be singing to. Very disappointed. Again, great for little kids to beat up and fun with the lights, but don't expect any sound quality.
on August 18, 2016
Bought this as a CHRISTmas present. The kids love karaoke. They hook up phones and ipad to them and go on youtube for karaoke versions of their favorite songs. (you need and extra cable for this, I bought an Audio Cable 1.5 Meter 5ft Stereo 3.5mm Male to Male)This is a cool because it enables you get all of your kids favorite songs and not buy all the karaoke CD's , especially those your kids want today, but then sit collecting dust when they no longer want to listen to them. They have a new favorite song every week!!! The lights are cool, but the room has to be dark for a real good show of them, Great buy, would recommend
on March 1, 2016
I bought this for my brother in laws birthday party. A bunch of preteens, with pizza, pop and a karaoke machine and they were all in heaven. This this was easy to set up and easy to use and everyone's had a blast. I had a couple relatives borrow it and want to get one of their own. It's great for us because we just use the CD's we have or make our off from iTunes. It was just a great way for them to hear themselves and feel like one of the adults - we usually have a karaoke night as well. The lights on it are amazing and an added plus, I couldn't believe I got it for the price it's at. Now the kids play with it all of the time.
on January 18, 2016
Best purchase ever. My daughter and her friends have had hours and hours of fun using this machine. It is simple to hook up using the RCA jacks. The sound quality is very good and the music sounds great coming from the speaker. The flashing lights are a cool touch.

If you buy this machine you will also want to buy a second mic for it and purchase more cd's which can be a pain because it seems like most of the cd's have the same songs on them .

Overall we are very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone who wants an inexpensive karaoke machine int he house for their children to play with.
on April 28, 2015
4/29/15
Update: I posted my original 5 star review yesterday before my kids got home from school. When they got home from school, they ran straight to play with this machine. The volume was stuck on the loudest setting and could not be changed. Despite several attempts, unplugging and restarting the machine, the volume is just plain stuck. It is way too loud and sadly, not usable anymore.
4/28/15
My 3 and 5 year old boys love this machine so much. It is easy to operate and takes a beating pretty well. They play their cds when they simply want to listen to music or sing along. If you buy an adapter cable (male to male 3.5mm), you can plug in your phone for endless music options. Definitely worth the price point as a gift for kids.
on March 29, 2016
We have only used this one week, but it was great. The microphone that came with it worked fine, but I had another one I ordered at the same time so 2 kids could use this, worked even better. I hope it holds up and continues to work like it is now. Kids used it without the CDs for a loud speaker a lot of the time. If you don't enjoy music and a lot of laughter be careful of ordering this machine. We had a lot of giggles and laughter. I am glad I ordered this.