Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 25, 2016
Eye opening- really taught me that being in a relationship is not the only way to be happy, and many times- you are much better off being single. I have been much happier being single since reading this- and sometimes even feel bad for my friends that are in relationships and constantly having issues, and frustrations to deal with. I am an independent woman, and do not have to deal with that drama!
on March 28, 2017
Love this book!! This edition was for my friend going through a breakup. I've had my own copy for years. I recommend it all the time and believe that it applies to people who are in relationships too. I believe everyone should read it and establish a better relationship with themselves. Not only reading it, but actually doing the lessons and the tips gives you such a sense of fearlessness, and empowerment. You're life will never be the same, and the quality will be much richer.
One person found this helpful
on October 27, 2013
Having recently ended a relationship, I got tired of hearing people say, "The right guy will be along any minute now." Or....if I was in an upbeat and happy mood, "Oh, you must be in love." Sheesh, yes....I am in love....I am in love with life! It is totally possible to be happy without being coupled up.

I have found happiness in having total control of the TV. There is joy in knowing I don't have to worry about pleasing someone else's tastebuds for dinner every night. If I want the El Pollo chicken salad for the third night in a row....I can have it. I can say "yes" to Happy Hour with my friends. And, the world is not going to end if I show up solo at an event.

This book reinforced my views. You can be happy AND single. This book was chocked full of ideas of how to get out there and live a wonderful and fulfilling life without letting society label you as "unworthy" just because you are not with someone. I got out there and I have met some wonderful friends after reading this book. Be sure to check out all the great sites on-line where you can meet people....and not just the dating sites. There are so many diverse groups out there. They run the gamut of everything you could possibly want to do. But if for some strange chance there isn't one.....you can always start one. Life is waiting for all of us....don't let it pass you by because you are single!
on December 31, 2011
I had an open mind about this book. The first half of it didn't really pertain to myself at all. But about half way though there cane a few stories and analysis that hit close to home. I actually wanted to rip out a few pages and hand them to my family and and say "See! This is how it really is". But i contained myself and bookmarked it for future references :) It's not a book that I can just sit down and read all the way though, rather more like leave it sitting out and i'll read it when I'm in the mood.
on October 28, 2015
This book is my go to when I am feeling down about myself whether Im in a relationship or not, when I am feeling like I am getting too old too fast or time is slipping by. Even when I am feeling happy yet unsure of what to do with myself this book definitely brings some peace to realizing where my focus needs to be.
on February 23, 2018
I havent finish the book yet but so far its amazing! I love it! I like how it incorporates tips and task for you to try.
on December 8, 2013
This is an amazing and helpful book to help guide you into taking control of your life and happiness. Over the years, I've recommended it to friends as well and those who have read it have agreed how helpful and inspiring it is.
on February 11, 2017
this book is great, so many great stories and tips and advice... very empowering!
on May 15, 2014
I'm learning to love being single and on my own. This is a great transitional book for women who are transitioning from a committed relationship and are unsure of what is next. Believe me I too, felt the uncertainty of what was next, but daily I regain some of me back and this book has really inspired me to have the drive to accept myself as me and be happy single. Single isn't an ending, but merely a beginning for what's yet to come
on June 9, 2013
I though I was buying a book to discuss being single and how to live a fulfilled single life...no stigma etc...Yet the book is about living a single life but with a goal of getting married and finding someone...I thought the approach would be more to be happy on your own...yet the underlying theme felt like an agreement with a stigma about being alone that one Needs a partner...not very uplifting...nicely written but not the message I expected
13 people found this helpful