CBTL Kaldi 9910 Single-Cup Brewer with Espresso, Coffee, Tea and Milk Frother Bundle, Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Makes authentic espresso, brewed coffee and brewed tea
- Automatic propotioning ensures consistency in taste and aroma
- Twin pressure system provides high pressure (15 bar) for espresso or low pressure (3.5 bar) for coffee and tea
- Easy capsule insertion and automatic ejection into large capsule drawer (holds 10 used capsules)
- Energy-saving function
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
One Capsule, One Touch
CBTL is an easy to use, single serve beverage system that combines the handcrafted taste and quality that is the hallmark of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf with the finest Italian technology and design perfected by CAFFITALY SYSTEM.
One capsule is all you need to create a single serving to savor. One touch is all it takes to brew fresh espresso, brewed coffee or tea. One taste is enough to transport you to a moment of comfort – the comfort of one perfect cup.
Combining innovative technology, functionality and design, the CBTL System is more than a single cup coffee machine. It’s an easy to use beverage system. The touch of a button delivers one perfect cup.
Automatic proportioning ensures consistency in taste and aroma. And a unique twin pressure system provides high pressure to capture all the aroma, texture, flavor and great crema of espresso, while gentle pressure allows flavors in coffee and tea to develop naturally and with great balance.
Perfectly sized for a perfect cup- Each capsule contains The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf hand-selected premium coffees and hand-plucked whole leaf teas grown on the world’s best coffee and tea estates.
To lock in these delicate aroma and flavor characteristics, every serving of espresso, coffee and tea is freshness-sealed. And each espresso capsule, coffee capsule and tea capsule features an internal two-filter system to ensure evenly balanced extraction and optimal flavor.
Every beverage you make at home with the CBTL System is full of the authentic taste and aroma that you savor at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf stores.
The Kaldi Single Cup Brewer
Sleek design meets vibrant color. With its smooth curves and gleaming metallics, the Kaldi’s streamlined looks match its ease of use, and its innovative one touch technology delivers perfection in every cup.
The Kaldi has automatic proportioning, ensuring consistency in taste and aroma. The twin pressure system provides high pressure (15 bar) for espresso or low pressure (3.5 bar) for coffee and tea. Additionally, it accommodates a variety of cup sizes. The Kaldi is available in a number of color options so you can match it perfectly with your decor.
• CBTL Kaldi machine, black
• CBTL Milk Frother, black
• 60 beverage capsules in a variety of espresso, coffee & tea
• Bundles is a $304.95 value!
Hear the Difference
When brewing espresso, our systems will be using 15 bars of pressure, compared to the 3.5 bars of pressure used when brewing coffee or tea. This unique twin pressure systems provides high pressure to capture all the aroma, texture, flavor and great crema of espresso, while the gentle pressure allows flavor in our coffees and teas to develop naturally and with great balance. Don’t be surprised if you notice a bit more sound coming from your machine during the espresso extraction; it is just those 15 bars working to ensure you are getting a superior product each and every time!
We’re passionate about what we do. It’s why we buy only the best quality harvests from small artisan farms and private estates around the world. Why we work directly with our growers to ensure exclusivity. And why we go beyond the plantation with programs that benefit local growers and their communities.
We select the top 1% Arabica beans from Latin America, Asia Pacific and East Africa. Then each batch of espresso and coffee is hand blended and hand-roasted to ensure it’s done to perfection.
Cultivated in the world’s most exclusive growing regions, our whole-leaf tea is hand-plucked using only the top two leaves and a bud. It’s then hand-blended and hand-flavored to ensure the highest quality and consistency.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The espressos are fast and easy, and very consistent. There are a few different varieties available, and they vary from very intense to moderately intense. There's some crema on top, not just a bubbly foam, and you can in fact see the coffee oils on the surface. Taste varies by individual. I like the Italian, the Premium's OK, and I'm meh on the Continental. Just got the Intenso and Carnivale and haven't tried those yet.
Brewed coffee out of here surprised me. It's better than a Tassimo/Keurig, and just as easy. I find that the default 8oz size is a little weak for my tastes in some capsules, but you can always adjust the volume by the cup, or program it in as the default if you prefer. This machine really does both espressos and brewed coffee well, not just passably, which is amazing. If you like flavored coffee (I know, another sin to a purist), there's some really nice options here as well. Butterscotch Toffee produces an amazing smell, and the CBTL flavored coffees actually taste like coffee with an added flavor in the background, not a cup of artificial flavoring that masks the taste of the coffee.
Tea? It makes tea, but really, should anyone care? Tea needs to steep, and this machine can't do that. The tea is perfectly fine, nothing special, and nothing awful. But why would you want to pay $0.60 per capsule (or more) for tea? That's 5x-10x the cost of even expensive teabags, and a teabag is about as easy as it gets. I wouldn't recommend any single-serve machine for tea. The cost/value proposition doesn't make any kind of sense.
The milk frother does a good job of frothing milk, but note it does NOT steam it. It heats it and whips it (amazingly, it whips skim milk into a wickedly-thick foam that lasts for a whole cup). There is a slight difference in the taste; steaming milk affects the lactose and makes the milk taste sweeter. You won't have that, you won't have microfoam, but you will have a very close approximation that's a single-button push away. Cleanup isn't quite as simple for the frother because it cannot be immersed in water. You have to use a sponge/cloth to clean it; it has a non-stick interior at least. My frother is still working fine after 4 months, but it doesn't seem as well-built as the Kaldi itself.
The capsules are Caffitaly capsules. CBTL is just the first to bring them to the US. Any Caffitaly capsule, from any country, will work in this machine, which is in fact a CBTL-badged Caffitaly S04 model. Tall cups won't fit, and you'll need to either remove the drip try while brewing (which is fine, it isn't hazardous to you or the machine), or transfer from a smaller cup into a larger one.
The biggest negative here is that, as with most single-serve systems, you're looking at a serious negative environmental impact. The capsules are a plastic shell, with TWO plastic filters inside, covered in a foil. The coffee (according to CBTL) is shipped from here to Italy, packaged, then shipped back. You can disassemble a capsule and attempt to recycle it, if your municipality actually takes uncoded plastic. CBTL, as a California-based company, should be ashamed of themselves. When I talked to them, they told me they were "working on" recyclability. Work faster, CBTL. It's worth noting that CBTL's main competitor here, Nespresso, uses 100% aluminum capsules which are easily recycled--everywhere.
Don't worry about the somewhat limited variety of coffees and espressos. There are enough to find one that you really like, and for the most part, that's what you'll normally be drinking anyway. CBTL has also introduced new varieties over the past 4 months, so they're not stagnating. By the way -- the included capsules aren't a sampler pack with 1-2 of everything they make as you might hope. Instead, it is (or at least was) 6 sleeves of 10 capsules each, 2 espressos, 2 coffees, and 2 teas.
- Fast and consistent espresso shots.
- Makes a good cup of brewed coffee.
- Super easy to clean - just run a cycle without a capsule, done.
- Capsules available at several local retailers, as well as Amazon.
- Uses any Caffitaly capsule, so you're locked into the format, but have many suppliers.
- Doesn't get any more convenient, and the quality is great.
- Capsule coffee isn't for coffee snobs, period.
- Taller cups don't fit.
- Milk frother isn't real steamed milk, doesn't seem as well-built as the Kaldi.
- Capsules cannot be recycled in many municipalities.
If you can handle the recycling issues in some reasonable manner, love coffee and espresso, and don't have the time (or thousands of dollars) to invest in fancy grinders, espresso machines, and/or coffee roasters, this product is highly recommended. If the capsules could be recycled easily, it'd be a 5-star review.
Here's the thing... if you want a Keurig and a Nespresso machine, this CBTL is an amazing option, the cup choices are somewhat limited but from the choices you do get there are some really good ones.
The CBTL Kaldi is half the size of my old Keurig machine!!! I couldn't imagine how much counter space would be taken up by a Keurig and a Nespresso Machine.
You can order the CBTL cups on Amazon and I also found them at Bed, Bath & Beyond.
1. Package for the price is unbeatable.
2. Kaldi is solid, and looks great. Moving parts are metal and rubber, no plastic handle or buttons.
3. Great sampling of coffees, teas and espressos.
4. Frother makes all the difference, awesome lattes, cappuccinos and more.
5. Cleanup is a breeze: machine holds 10 used single-cups, rinse frother and dry with paper towel.
6. Speed: latte in 3 minutes, including warmed milk/soy
7. Taste: delicious. The Kaldi has two separate pressure settings (automatic), one for coffee and one for espresso. This ensures that your drinks are hot, and the extraction is matched to the beverage. That means you get a REAL espresso drinks with beautiful crema.
8. Customization: Although the machine comes with 3 preset sizes, you can customize them to your exact specifications by holding down the size button until your preferred amount of beverage is dispensed. Bingo, next time it will automatically fill to your specifications! Now that's a high-end feature not available on ANY other coffee machine that I'm aware of.
9. Designed in Italy.
1. Single-cups are about $.50-.60 each, which is still high, but much cheaper than a trip to your local coffee speciality store. (And the more people catch-on, the cheaper these cups will get...so go buy one people!)
2. Cup space. The other models feature more room for larger mugs and travel cups, but the Kaldi doesn't offer as much room. A standard cup of coffee fits great, but not much larger. However, if you're making a larger drink like a latte, you only use the machine to "pull" a shot (standard or long by the way), so you're actually mixing the beverage away from the machine anyway. Pour your warmed milk into a tall mug and drop in your espresso. This is really not a big deal.
3. Beverage selection is small, but absolutely adequate. Bed, Bath and Beyond actually has more varieties available than are listed on the CBTL website!
Overall, this is a fantastic machine and the price is incredible. It beats our former Keurig (which we loved until it stopped working) hands-down for flavor, real espresso, and build. Don't miss out on this deal. At this price, its worth buying even if you love your current beverage maker... buy one and then find somebody to sell your old machine to!