Single DeluxeTM Breastpump by Medela 67272 67272
- Adjustable one-handed suction control for maximum comfort
- Easy, effective pumping rhythm
- Lightweight, compact & portable
- Battery power option for use on-the-go
- Ideal for occasional separation from your baby
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
If you want to give your baby a bottle of expressed breastmilk once in a while, you should buy a double pump. Here's why:
1. The first time you pump, you will only get 1-2 ounces, or less, of milk. You need to pump every day, at the same time, for your body to know that it has to produce more milk. After 1-2 weeks, you will start to pump enough milk at one sitting for a bottle. Until then, you can freeze the little bit you get each day and combine it when you have enough.
2. No pump will match the effectiveness of your baby. You can pump yourself "dry" and then latch your baby on. You baby will get milk! So, if you buy a single pump, like this one, you will need to nurse on one side while pumping on the other, in order for you milk to letdown. This is VERY tricky at first, but if you use a Boppy and a footstool, you can get the hang of it eventually. You will need to switch sides 2 times during the pumping session.
3. This pump isn't as powerful as the more expensive, double pumps. It took me 15-30 minutes to pump 4-5 ounces, even after several weeks.
I learned the hard way that a $100 single pump isn't worth very much, unless you just want to relieve engorgement or you don't mind going through the acrobatics described above. I REALLY wish I had saved my money and bought a double pump. It would have been worth it. This pump just sits in my closet now, because it was too time consuming.
If you think you want to pump, buy the more expensive double pump. You won't be sorry!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have the larger, double Pump In Style but I wanted to leave that at work and still have something at home. Read morePublished on April 4, 2014 by Lauren
I think this product works but when you have a newborn baby you don't have time to be slowly sucking milk out of your breasts. Read morePublished on December 3, 2013 by Julianne
Got for my daughter to make life easier after coming home from the hospital. Compared reviews to decide on this one. Worth every dime, she loves it.Published on April 29, 2013 by SouthernLady
For a single pump, it worked very well. My only complaint was that it was a bit noisy so I could not use it around the baby when she was asleep. Otherwise it was a great buy.Published on February 20, 2013 by Lesley
I have used other Medela products and was always happy with the other pumps. This pump is not worth the money. Buy a good hand pump instead, you will get more milk. Read morePublished on February 13, 2012 by M. Dougherty