Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

I like big watches, and my modest collection was starting to clutter up one of my drawers. So, in looking around for a watch box that could accomodate wide and tall watches, I chose this model (in brown, rather than black because I thought the lighter tan colored material of the interior of the brown box would show off the watches better). The price at $99 was right, but I was pretty skeptical of the quality, given some of the other reviews. I posted some pictures of my box, so you can see my watch collection runs the gamut from $100 watches to $10,000 watches. I was thinking that maybe if the box quality was crappy, I could put my $3,000 and up watches in a nicer (and much more expensive burlwood watch box $800+). However, upon receiving this watch box, I knew I wouldn't have to. The quality of this watch box is fine. There were no defects and it is a nice looking piece that shows off the watches nicely. I wouldn't rely on the lock to deter thieves for longer than 10 seconds, but with a glass top that point it pretty irrelevant. I was concerned that each slot and pillow would be wide enough for my widest watch (nixon 51-30)and each slot is just wide enough so that I will be able to line them up in an entire row if I buy more 51-30s. Each slot is wide, so at 6 across, the watch box is quite large. I was also concerned that there be adequate clearance between the watch crystal and the lid of the watch box. Again, I posted another picture which shows that there is ample clearance between the lid and any watch. The Nixon 51-30s are quite thick watches and the pictures show it is nowhere near the lid. The watch box will come double boxed and hence it will come in a very large box when delivered. Anyway, make sure the listed dimensions of the watch box will fit whatever piece of furniture it will sit upon. One commenter remarked on the small size and hardness of the pillows. That comment is true. The pillows are actually some kind of rigid form, covered over with foam. So, they don't really give as much as a pillow does. My wrist size circumference is 7" inches, and these pillows fit my wrist size exactly. So, I am able to close my bracelets around the pillow with no problem. In other words, if you have a larger or smaller wrist size than 7" inches, any bracelets will not fit quite right, they will either be closed but loose on the pillow or cannot be closed on the pillow. Straps, of course, can always be adjusted and be okay. If that were the case with me, I would probably order the black case and get/make some pillows for the slots that would fit my wrist size. But for my needs: modest but mostly high quality watch collection that includes the range from 42-51mm wide; need an attractive but not neccesarily furniture-grade quality watch box; price within the $100-$200 range; and a smaller wrist size at 7"inches that would fit the pillows. I couldn't be happier with this watch box!
review imagereview imagereview image
36 people found this helpful
on June 1, 2016
Very nice watch case. Overall, I am happy with this purchase. I actually bought this case as a surprise gift for my Dad. I did have some minor issues with my product, however. When I examined the watch case, there was two small spots of what I believe to be glue. One "blob-like" (~1cm x 1cm) spot near the center of the glass (on the outside), and a streak of glue (~1in. long) on the border of the glass adjacent to the hinges (on the inside). Both were removed with thumbnail work and water. The third spot was a white-ish scruff mark on the brown leather. This was also removed without too much hassle. Although I lucked out with these issues, I believe the price I paid should justify an issue-free product. My review would have been 5 stars had no issues been present at all.
on December 3, 2014
Seems very well made, solid, tight, plenty of height for high profile watches and the slots are wide enough for my widest (48mm) with plenty of room to spare. Even my G-Shock fits (the band is fairly stiff and only collapses a little). So all in all I am a very happy initial customer. If you are thinking of it as a gift to a watch collector, he/she will be very happy, unless they are picky and want wood or a different color. I am glad I search for a month and finally decided on this one. I just need a few more watches to fill it up. ;-P Update: I was going to buy another, but I see they raised the price. :-(

Update: Was able to find another at a much lower price than is offered here, so bought another. Now a year later, my wife wants one for her growing collection. If Amazon had a lower price, I would buy it again here. I love Amazon, but I don't love overpaying.
on October 21, 2012
I was trying to decide what color to get and finally decided to go with the lesser expensive black one. One reviewer said he picked the brown one because he thought it would make his watches look nicer. Take my word, they will both make your watches look good, but I am so happy I got the black. Even my wife likes to stare into the box when I pull it off the shelf. Now, I need to get some more watches. They look awesome in this box and I wish I could attach a picture. Even the least expensive watches look designer in this case. You will not be disappointed. Everything works well, including the latch. This case is nice enough for Audimars Piguet, Franck Muller or any higher end watches. This is a classy looking unit, deserving of a McMansion's walk in closet. Even if you don't wear Flavor Flav size watches, I recommend investing in this larger case. It can be used for bracelets and neck attire and smaller face watches.
One person found this helpful
on October 13, 2014
Got it for my dad for fathers day. He has a bunch of INVICTA watches and I everywhere I looked I couldn't find something that would work. i had to look up sizing on the bigges invicta watches I could find and compare it to the compartments... WORKED GREAT. I was concerned that it wouldn't work out, but it works great. I also wanted the single level because I wanted him to show off his collection and be able to pick the one he's going to wear with just one look. He LOVED it. It came with a little key and lock too.
3 people found this helpful
on October 18, 2010
If you are looking for a display case to hold your growing watch collection, especially ones with LARGE/HUGE diameter faces (storing a watch with a 56mm face!), in addition to a case with a high glass clearance - look no further...

DETAILS
Exterior:
Fine black leather bound finished case with silver-tone latch and hinges.
Interior:
Medium gray "suede like" material covering each compartment, as well as the display cushions. Cushions are structured and hold their shape.

Parting comment - Would buy product again!

PS - I don't normally review products, but considering the fit, finish and price-point of this product, it was worth mentioning...

July 2014 Update -
Bought 2nd watch case for growing collection; still stand by original review - Fit & Finish of product outstanding...
Welcome additions - case now comes with locking latch (key included) as well as a small micro polishing cloth provided with purchase.
review imagereview image
21 people found this helpful
on January 1, 2014
Top is real glass.
Good construction. Seams and corners nicely finished.
Interior and pillows are made of same material. Faux suede is accurate description.
Comes with key (Yeah, right!) and a polish cloth.

With a 48mm Citizen Eco watch centered in a slot, there's still 1/4" from the edge of the next slot from the outer edge of watch stem.
There's also about 3/4" of clearance to the glass with these watches.
You would want to keep any Eco drives in the center of the case. If they are one the edge slots, they will have some shadowing by the trim, but based on 10 yr experience with these watches, in a brightly lit room they should still get enough charge even then.
on January 4, 2012
I purchased this based off of the many good reviews it received. It's hard making a decision on such an item as this because there are so many choices out there, however, for the price point this watch box is a great value. It holds many of my larger watches, some over 52mm, with no problems whatsoever. The glass top is a very nice touch because it allows viewing of my collection -- so nice that I would almost consider this box a nice piece of furniture. The padded leather covering is well-done -- not too much padding and the leather is flawless. The watch pillows may be an issue for some: the ends are firm, therefore, they're not a traditional watch pillow. With that being said, I much prefer these pillows because once the watch is placed on it, the firm edges provide an exact fit into the watch box compartments. All of the hardware - the hinges, latches, etc. are exquisite and flawless. I would recommend this box without hesitation. You can buy a much more expensive box if you wish, however, you would be hard pressed to find one of this quality for the price. I don't think it can be beaten.
3 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2012
This jewelry box is humongous, bigger than it looks in the photo. Took putting all the watches in there to really realize how nice it is. Just seeing all the watches laid out, really shows you how gorgeous this item is. It came a bit scratched on the edges, but I had return another brand jewelry box for similar reason, and I couldn't find a replacement in the stores, and with only a couple days before Christmas I had to keep it, but I like it, and the smudges on the leather aren't that obvious, but would have wished they weren't there....
2 people found this helpful
on July 20, 2017
This case is a very good investment for your watches
I have owned one now for approx. 3 years and have had a good time filling it up.
I am going to buy another one of these.
Very strong, has been moved around my house alot and I have had no problems.
Buy this if you want a good strong case that you can fill with watches.