Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 12V, Single Outlet Platinum Series Cigarette Lighter Adapter w/10' Coil Cord
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on January 13, 2011
The manufactuer's web site states it is 10A with 16 gauge wire. It is 10A but with smaller 18 gauge wire. The package does state it is 18 gauge. Compared to other extensions, this one is heavy duty. The connectors are of good quality. Since it is coiled, it doesn't quite reach 10ft when extended. Overall, it's a good cable and well worth the price.
on June 10, 2012
Garbage product. Broke after only a month of use. Pulled it out of the plug and some parts didn't come with. I'm just glad it didn't ruin the outlet in the car. I'd give it zero starts if possible. Shop elsewhere.
on April 21, 2010
I own two Cobra CPI 480 power inverters and was hoping to use this as a sort of extension cord for the short lighter (power port) Cobra provides. Unfortunately the Cobra inverter doesn't like this extension cord. It chirps and doesn't provide AC power when this cord is used.

Overall it seems well enough made, and if it worked with my Cobra power inverter it'd be great.

Some smaller stuff works with it (phone power charger), but sadly not the device I need. My review is 3 stars as I'm neutral about it. For my needs this wasn't a good choice, for someone who needs to extend a phone charger it may be an ideal solution.
on April 30, 2014
Great adapter. I used this to create a power cable for my GPS. Has inline fuse and wire is thin enough to route easily. Only negative is that the spring in the power end is stiff so it wants to push the unit out. This is better than too weak though.
on May 7, 2012
I needed an "extension" to "install" my iPhone with navigation app (and windshield suction attachment for the iPhone) in my BMW. I was so pleased with this adapter that I bought another immediately to give 12V to the kids in the back seat of my Toyota Highlander, which oddly has NO 12V outlets for the middle row! Highly recommend.
on April 14, 2014
Have devices that need to reach further back in your minivan? This is the device you need. We plug it into the front cigarette lighter and lay it under the carpet runner. It powers the DVDs in the back row that couldn't reach the front cigarette lighter. Have had it for quite a while without problems.
on April 14, 2012
I was a bit skeptical about purchasing an extension, especially after reading reviews on a variety of different cigarette lighter extension models. This one however, caught my eye. My reasoning for purchase was to increase the allowable distance from the vehicle outlet to the place where my daughter can plug in the dual DVD players. So far it works without any problems. No blackout issues, no disconnection problems. Overall a good product. I recommend this extension adapter.

**** Update November 5, 2013 -- I initially gave this 5 stars because was worked as specified. However, as a year went by it began blowing fuses in my vehicle then it stopped working in March (almost a year after purchase and use). I now give it 3 stars as it did work for about a year. But it is not great for long term regular use.
on May 18, 2014
this cord was a joke, The rubber is very hard like it is old and dried up will not go to 10 feet. I plugged it in and it came apart and the fuse went flying
on September 8, 2013
Worked for couple of hours only before the fuse blew. On top of that I was not able to find the replacement fuse for it at any of the auto stores.
on August 11, 2013
this does exactly what I needed it came quickly and I have been using for about a month now no problems at all