Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 399 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 717 reviews
on January 28, 2017
Even thought I am single. I love this book. I have been practicing the Zones even at work and it has helped me create new habits. Thank you.
on March 13, 2017
Yes, very informative and helpful in getting the work done in your home and making it FUN. . . oh,Yea!! She's very funny and encouraging. . Enjoy . .She stays helpful even when we are not doing things right . She's very gracious and kind to those who have a hard time.
on October 31, 2016
Very motivating. I was already doing some of the methods presented so FlyLady's ideology is in my groove. I had some aha moments regarding the paralyzing effects of perfectionism. Love the practicalness of this book. I am excited about gaining more control of my house and being more productive.
on February 8, 2015
Loved this book and love her routines. Some of the writing sounds a little dated but was probably dated at the time of writing too (who weans a denim jumper or lace up shoes??) But a lot of it makes sense, I no longer let dishes sit in the sink and my kitchen is a lot cleaner and orderly. It certainly takes a lot more than a Monday one-hour 'house blessing' to keep my house clean with little kids though. Also only decluttering for a few minutes here and there will take you forever to get your house in order. I personally think it starts with getting rid of stuff and a lot of stuff, then you can keep a clean and organized house and follow her routines from there. Overall, I really enjoyed it and it gave me great inspiration.
on August 12, 2015
As opposed to other books that I have read on this topic, this is a book written by a lady which understands the struggles of someone overwhelmed by its own home, because she used to be such a person.

The book is supportive, positive and action orientated; the learning process is based on encouragements, not on guilt.
Marla's routines are life's good habits which you are taught step by step.

If you feel that your life is a continue chase to catch up with everything that needs to be done in your home, as I did, buy this book. It changed my life and hopefully it will change your life for the better, as well.
on May 5, 2017
New flybaby started 2 new babysteps after reading some of the book. Highly recommend this for self improvement.
on January 16, 2016
I enjoyed reading this book. It is written in steps that make getting control of your living space possible. I just started and have a nice shiny sink that has been easy to keep clean now for a week. She made me feel better about my perfectionism which she is correct in saying has caused my house to be let's say-much less than perfect. She also made me realize that less than perfect is much better than the cluttered mess that I created. Looking forward to following the steps to gain control and feel great about my home and myself.
on August 7, 2014
A thousand stars!! This book changed my life. Everything is perfect now. Well, just kidding. But my house and my mind are clutter-free and organized. I know where most things are. I have a place for most everything in my home and a place for the things that don't seem to have a home! I have three kids (one a new baby) and this is the MOST clean, happy, and organized I've ever been. ALL thanks to this book, the site, and this Flylady. Thank you.
on August 23, 2017
Love this book it has caused me to chill out and not stress over house and being perfect!
on November 5, 2006
I found this book by pure accident some years ago. I would have never considered myself as being in the target group for "Sink Reflections" - I'm a liberal agnostic German holding an M.A. and just moved to Ireland after having worked in Marketing in London for 10 years. Then... I had children.

I went into deep depression and while I love my kids dearly, I HATED being a mother and housewife. This was EVERYTHING I did not want to be - going from independant money earner, holding my own in the business world, to being stuck at home, not being able to relate to much younger moms in mother and toddler groups, and hardly having an intelligent conversation day in day out. I turned into a grumpy, ill tempered cow who snapped at her husband and kids, gained lots of weight, and generally sat around all day watching TV.

3 years on, this has changed (except for my weight, still struggling with that one :). My house is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but now I get up, make my bed, have a relaxing time over breakfast (because clothes were laid out with shoes and coats the night before, and lunches were prepared as well), and after spending maybe 30min in the morning doing my routine, the rest of the day is mine to do with what I please WITHOUT feeling bad. If FlyLady does one thing, it's getting you to accept that you do not need to feel guilty about the way your house looks. My house is not company-ready, but it takes me less than an hour to get it there - that is HUGE progress!!!

Another area in my life that has improved is that now I don't feel put upon for staying at home. I enjoy being at home spending time with the kiddies while they're still small, but it has also given me the opportunity to re-think my priorities and I have started my own interior design business rather than get back into the rat-race. I honestly don't think that without FlyLady, I would have had the drive and confidence to do this. I probably would have been another "if only".

I'm not religious, far from it, but FlyLady is genuine in her belief, and I respect that. I'm seriously allergic to people stuffing their faith down my throat, yet with Marla, I never got the feeling that that is her motivation. Therefore, take it or leave, I like her, I respect her, and I admire her drive to get her message out to help all of us SHEs.