BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 19, 2008
This is the video everyone who has, or better yet is going to get a puppy- should see. Easy quick effective training your pup will understand.Best video out there for the puppy owner. Get a copy for a friend too! :)
on September 25, 2010
Instantly after starting this video we were groaning that it was a mistake: made in the 80's, video quality was bad and the people were, well, very 80's-looking. BUT, the information is compelling. The training is timeless. Dunbar is so knowledgable and truly seems to be the best approach to dog training. Wish there was an updated version, a la Apple products. But, alas not. I've never owned a dog before, and highy recommend any Dunbar informational products.
on July 24, 2006
Sirius Puppy training shows the first-time and experienced puppy owner how to teach their puppy the sit, down, stand, off, come, and stay commands as well as bite inhibition, greeting people, etc. all through rewarding lavishly with praise and food treats. Parts of actual training classes with Dr. Ian Dunbar are included in this 90 minute VHS tape as well as helpful suggestions on puppy potty training and general handling tips. It is both humorous and entertaining while being informative. Segues well into a puppy training class in your area.
on February 8, 2008
Dr. Dunbar is an advocate of positive reinforcement techniques. There is no shouting or pushing down on puppy's rump to get him to sit. it's all about luring the dog with little treats and praise to reinforce the behaviors that you want. Every move is demonstrated clearly and explained. The DVD--which is identical to the VHS version--shows the entire family working with the puppy, even the very small children. Dr. Dunbar also addresses common behavioral problems and their solutions.
This DVD worked great for my family and our new rescue puppy because we could start her training at home before she was old enough for classes. Training *is* essential for the happiness of the whole family and can save your dog's life. Highly recommended.
on January 14, 2015
Way to old and didn't help. It was mainly common sense. Too much talking not enough doing or showing.
on September 22, 2014
Great video to watch for owners of puppies. I watched it right after I brought home our pup and the techniques are very helpful. She quickly learned to sit and lay down. I now need to take her to the actual class.
on February 8, 2011
I thought this DVD was well done. I really like Ian Dunbar. There were a few things I didn't like that he did, such as the way he went about to teach leave it. I thought the loud, scary noise and the hand bump to the nose was unnecessary, but it was a great resource, none the less. I used a lot of his techniques in a puppy education class I taught.
on February 24, 2006
Ground breaking training developed by the vet who started it all. I knew the cameraman and producer of this video in the 80's, Marty Blueford. His father raised Golden 's in Carmel where he met Dr.Dunbar.He told us all about this wonderful Dr. who loved dogs and promoted training puppies and using positive reinforcement.We bought a new Great Dane puppy and knew we had to watch this video and so ordered it from Amazon. I re-watched the video and found it still terrific
on March 15, 2016
A little dated but still great tool for the whole family.
on December 20, 2012
I thought I was purchasing the "Dunbar training method" I guess in retrospect the fact that it is geared to puppies is obvious. That is when people train their dogs, when they are a few months old and beyond. Because of Dunbar's famous book "How to teach an old dog new tricks" I assumed this video might be geared for older dogs who needed help with some of the basics that may have proven too difficult the first round of puppy classes.
I was very dissapoined given the price point for this video , it is amaturish in production quality and lacks an over arching organization. It would be a good product if say, you had not chossen your dog yet, and you wanted to see what you are in for commiment wise with training and raiseing a dog. I wish I could have returned it. I am still on the look out for a video that deals with dogs over 1 year old.