Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 357 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 391 reviews
on January 8, 2016
Bought a Sirius radio for Christmas gift and bought this to include so the install would end up a bit more professional. While it does serve it's primary purpose, it is not as good as the older version that Sirius used to have (and they have discontinued this model so I don't know what they offer now) The old model that I have in one of my vehicles plugged inline with the antenna like this one but does not cut out the regular FM signals when the Sirius radio is powered on. This let me switch to regular radio stations on the car radio without turning the Sirius radio off. This unit however disconnects the actual antenna signal when the Sirius radio is powered on so if you want to switch to a regular radio station, you have to power the Sirius radio off. That is the reason for taking a star away. Since even this version is discontinued, it is unclear what Sirius/XM is attempting to do with their marketing. They still sell the standalone radios but even now, several years after the merger, they have different radios for Sirius versus XM. The XM radio I bought was nice and has a lot of features but compared with the one I bought around 7-8 years ago (Sirius) what you get is a bit slim. The only connection method included is a straight pin audio accessory connector which is why I had to get this item. Not sure what S/XM expects you to do if you get a new sat radio and your existing car radio doesn't have an audio jack. If I had to do it again, I might search harder for an older style or alternate product that performs the function without the FM signal glitch.
If you are using the standard FM over-the-air modulation feature of the XM tuner, this direct wire adapter will dramatically improve the sound. It's like going from flat sounding staticy radio quality to CD quality with much better spatial separation of bass and treble.

If you don't use this adapter, you can find vacant FM channels: search the web for the radio-locator website "Find Unused FM Frequencies in Your Area." This will reduce potential interference if you pick a channel that is not competing with a strong signal.

The old version of this adapter (Audiovox silver metal box) used to have a plug on the side for the XM antenna. The new version (Sirius plastic black box) simplifies the wiring so the XM antenna plug can go straight to the XM tuner, it doesn't have to daisychain through the adapter first.

The way this plugs in is super simple. The hardest part is figuring out how to route the wires so it looks nice in the car. In our car this was located behind the factory radio, and the adapter wire goes up through the air conditioning duct and pokes out through the vent, so the wire is hidden behind the XM tuner which is also attached to the vent.
on July 26, 2015
My 2000 Intrepid's radio has no auxiliary input. It does have a cd and cassette player built into it. I tried the xm cassette adapter which worked, but then I have wires hanging around in the way. So, I purchased this unit. The instructions suggest that you have it professionally installed. I watched a YouTube video that showed me how to get the car radio out without destroying the dash. Once this is accomplished, it's pretty much plug and play. Not difficult at all. It took me about 10-minutes to accomplish but only because I really took my time and was careful about scratching any of the plastic surfaces.

When you turn the xm radio on, the adapter overcomes any other fm broadcasts and allows your car radio to play the xm content beautifully. When the xm radio is off, I have no trouble listening to either am or fm broadcasts. Highly recommend.
on June 27, 2016
It worked very well in the beginning. It recently quit working. The OEM radio antenna was no longer not blocked by the FMDA, and caused interference. I cracked open the main housing and looked at the electronics, some bad soldering going on, crappy connections, built to fail eventually. I live in Phoenix, AZ where temperatures can reach over 115 easily, that may have something to do with it failing, IDK. I will probably look for a better quality FMDA if one exists.
on November 27, 2014
Exactly the FM antenna adapter I needed to switch from AM/FM radio to SiriusXM in my 2002 Chevy Tahoe. No more weak FM signals or dirty sound. The only problem is that GM used mini male/female connectors in my truck and this adapter has the Motorola terminals. Nothing was said in the description that I had to order a antenna cable terminal conversion kit for my vehicle. I was able to figure this out from another customer's review so I purchased this terminal adapter kit for my vehicle and I was able to complete the installation successfully:

review image
on June 23, 2015
Made so much difference in my 06 Suby. I had a lot of static problems with the FM transmitter, and to tell you the truth the radio never worked all that well. Think I have a problem in the stock antenna. This thing is a project to install for sure, and with my car I had to buy a male and female adaptor for each end, which is probably only an issue for a few car brands that use weird non-universal wires. Took about 2 hours when all was said and done to rip out my entire console and re assemble. But totally worth it sound is just as good as if you had a built in AUX cord from the factory. Would definitely as a handy friend or professional installer if you don't feel comfortable disassembling trim and dash and climate controls and the shift assembly and hazard button and... (It was a lot to get the radio out. All cars are different but there's some great YouTube videos for a lot of cars that show you step by step how to remove the radio.
on April 12, 2015
I installed this FM adapter in a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. I was tired of the static I would get from the built in FM transmitter that comes with my Onyx EZ and also sick of having to change FM stations when driving to different towns but I didn't want to spend money on a new car stereo with an aux input. The FMDA25 was the perfect solution! Now I get crystal clear SiriusXM sound with no static at all and never have to change the FM station that my Onyx EZ is set to. If you don't have and aux input and want to keep your factory radio this is the product to get. No complaints at all.
on April 23, 2017
This is the ONLY way to go for an add on Sirius radio. It sounds as clean on my 2003 Ford Expedition as it does on my wives Escape. Without it one hears three channels at one time bleeding over from the preset FM radio frequencies. Very inexpensive adapter but really does the job.
on May 8, 2011
I examined many of these adapters trying to determine what would work best for my XM radio receiver. Most looked about the same and the price varied greatly. Althought this one was less expensive than most, it seemed that it would do what I needed. I installed it in my Acura RSX and have been extremely pleased with its performance. Spots where the signal would previously drop-out are now strong and I don't get any interference from the FM stations, at all. The only downside in that I now have to turn off my XM receiver if I want to listen to standard radio stations, but I think that is to be expected with any of these because when they detect a signal from the XM receiver, they disconnect the car's radio from the car's antenna. This is why I don't get interference from the FM stations anymore. I'm very pleased with this device.
on May 17, 2017
Connected my XM to the radio AUX so that I do not have to broadcast to listen to the radio. Cleaned up all of the interference and eliminated changing channels in urban areas (what a pain that was!)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.