Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 319 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 360 reviews
on November 22, 2016
As a follow-up book, I must say I was impressed. I love that, toward the beginning there was a very brief history of the characters vs feeling like your rereading half the previous book. It did not call short in storyline either. I had a hard time putting it down to do things I needed to do. I also love the biblical quotes, reference and the heart of God showing through. The struggle between. Anger and faith and trusting God was written so well and very real to life, relatable and in some parts convicting. Please consider reading this series.
on June 26, 2015
The story line is good, simple but dwells in developing good characters and flexibility that life lead you on. It show the true meaning of living.
It give us glimpse of what everyone is going through in any era of life and it shows that if we do not discriminate we will find happiness in this
life. We are taught to value life but do we really value it? We are the ones putting boundaries between us that because of our pride it become
a thick wall that we can not conquer. I for one love the story because it shows a group of people working together regardless of skin color, creed
station in life. They protect, cared for, respect one another and they accept who they are and what they are with understanding and kindness.
The characters live with fear of others but still they give them the chance to make them wrong. These are stories that show human integrity, understanding, honor, true value, decent language that give the ease to go through the story with out being scandalized.
on June 23, 2014
I am southern by choice and loved the first 2 of this series. I plan on purchasing the 3rd. and any after that Snelling writes. Great background info, great look at exactly how many of my ancestors looked at slavery and the death of the practice. it also gives us a look at just how hard the Civil War was on everyone. Northern, Southern and those who avoided making a choice. The terrible loss of life and the maiming of so many young men and the struggle of those unable to avoid what was happening. This family suffered and survived and I can't wait to see the last book.
on February 28, 2015
This is the 2nd book in the series and I love it. The first book, "Daughter of Twin Oaks" is excellent also. I am just about finished with the 3rd book in the series and it iswonderful too. Lauraine Snelling is a wonderful story teller. Her descriptions of the happening to this family during the Civil War make you feel as you are there. I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys reading about the Civil War and those who lived during that time.
on September 10, 2014
Lauraine Snelling knows how to give us history, adventure and faith all well written. Since this is book 2, I would suggest the reader start with book 1 of the series, Daughter of Twin Oaks. This the story of three sisters, but mainly centers around Jesselyn who takes on the appearence of a boy to save his family's prize horses and gathers refugess to as she goes along. Her strength and faith are severly tested and her sisters each have their own testing far away. Will they ever see each other and Twin Oaks again? Read and see, you won't be disappointed in the series.
on June 5, 2014
I loved Daughter of Twin Oaks, Book #1 and continued to be drawn into the evolution of the love story between Jesselynn and Wolf. Snelling creates a beautiful love story that is decent and clean. She continues to let us see the strong character of Jesselynn and then we begin to see a strong Louisa. As I read I truly knew the characters! I loved that ability to feel what they were feeling, seeing and going through during what seemed like an impossible situation. The faith in times of tragedy in the forefront. Upon completion of Book #2 I couldn't wait to get Book #3. All completed now! Fantastic if you love historical romance where you become engulfed in the story and characters.
on January 5, 2015
This was exciting book from start to finish. You were always on the lookout with them for the soldiers and other bad men. Jessalyn and Meshach always kept a clear head. Even though Jessalyn had a hard time trusting God after all the heartache. She finally came around after Meshach had a heartfelt talk with her. It also sounds like there could be a romance between Jessalyn and Gray Wolf starting to grow. So hopefully Gray Wolf comes back into the picture. It looks like Louisa and Zachary maybe starting on a adventure themselves because of the war. I hope Louisa Jane Ellen and Aunt Agatha are all able to find a man to love them. The godly influence in this book was nice to see as well. Books that have to do with the civil war have been one of my favorites to read. Looking forward to book number 3 in this series. So now onto the next one.
on April 26, 2015
Three sisters go their own way. One of the slaves was almost hung but God intervened and his life was spared. He becomes a main player. Jesselynn to go west with her family, faces danger but God helps them to survive through misfortune, hardship until they meet the wagon master
Wolf. Exciting things happen.
on July 20, 2016
Young Jesselynn Highwood is charged to get her toddler aged brother, elder Aunt Agatha, thoroughbreds, and freed slaves to free land to start a new life without her parents. A few young ones were found during their travels and just like the rest have been abandoned of their family due to Civil War unrest. The author takes you for a wild ride! Will the families ever find peace or be reunited with loved ones of the past? Can't wait to read book three.
on March 19, 2014
I rated it 5 stars because the story line was great and kept you wanting to know more about the characters.

The book was very well written in reference to the old south and the civil war and the tragedies of the soldiers as well as the civilians lives. I felt I was actually there. I loved everything about it.

Only con that I have is that the stories and main characters ended, meaning I wish the series/collection of the three books could have kept going.

I would recommend this book to any and all who love to read, especially those who love stories about the peoples of the old south during the times of the Civil War, both soldiers and their families that were left behind to survive their own strifes during those times.
What a great book.